Author Topic: Artists you can still remember where u was at and what u was doin whn u 1 hrd um  (Read 409 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Snoop I first heard on “wit a Dre day” was away at Missouri University basketball camp.  All the old heads and high school kids at camp kept repeating the catchphrase “Bow Wow Wow Yippee Yo Yippee Yeah” and wearing stocking caps all camp even though it was as summer.

Nate was getting ready for school in the morning listening to Doggystyle, heard singing, thought it was a parody of a  love song like one of the album skits or something like comic relief—and realiZed it was some next level shit I’d never heard before

Eminem saw “Just Don’t Give A Fuck” single and bought it cause it was Aftermath label and had read about him in rap pages.  Thought it was the most hard core shit I’d ever heard and had no idea how Dre would be able to put this dude out mainstream.

Master P- heard on back of Dogg Pounds “nuthin but a cavi” single that “Uhhh” cathphrase on “Heaven For A Gangsta” was raw and undeniable at the time.  Never one of my fav artists but I was buying his music for the next couple years after that, bought I’m Bout It, Ghetto Dope, and Da Last Don
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 10:05:01 AM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Tanners ex-Husband

Thanks for sharing

Sccit

run-dmc, digital underground, & beastie boys - my pops used to bump the popular hip-hop shit in the 80s and he had a cd collection i would dig into when he was away at work... i musta been like 6-7 years old & particularly remember the sex packets and raising hell albums

eazy-e, nwa, 2pac - i was around the same age and my uncle was huge into west coast rap .. he loved eazy-e and pac in particular, so he used to bang that in the whip when i would ride with him. i ended up buying the clean version of eazy duz it (couldnt buy explicit shit at sam goody if u were underage)... i loved that shit. i then went diggin through my uncles collection one day when he was gone and i took efil4zaggin from him... i remember bein amazed at how much nasty shit they spit...i also took the chronic from him, which blew me away. he later put me on to 2pac.. i remember specifically he was bangin to live n die in la on repeat in his system that he had in his room. what stuck in my mind was him laughing at the part that said “makin money over cusswords” and sayin “damn that’s so true! that’s exactly what he’s doing” .... my uncle was a thug back n them days, hes hella religious now tho.

then my other uncle (his younger brother) had a smaller collection that i went diggin in wit some b-grade shit.. skee-lo, bums (brothas under madness), and that typa shit.

basically, i can thank my family for puttin me on all that shit... once i got a hold of them albums, i never looked back.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
run-dmc, digital underground, & beastie boys - my pops used to bump the popular hip-hop shit in the 80s and he had a cd collection i would dig into when he was away at work... i musta been like 6-7 years old & particularly remember the sex packets and raising hell albums

eazy-e, nwa, 2pac - i was around the same age and my uncle was huge into west coast rap .. he loved eazy-e and pac in particular, so he used to bang that in the whip when i would ride with him. i ended up buying the clean version of eazy duz it (couldnt buy explicit shit at sam goody if u were underage)... i loved that shit. i then went diggin through my uncles collection one day when he was gone and i took efil4zaggin from him... i remember bein amazed at how much nasty shit they spit...i also took the chronic from him, which blew me away. he later put me on to 2pac.. i remember specifically he was bangin to live n die in la on repeat in his system that he had in his room. what stuck in my mind was him laughing at the part that said “makin money over cusswords” and sayin “damn that’s so true! that’s exactly what he’s doing” .... my uncle was a thug back n them days, hes hella religious now tho.

then my other uncle (his younger brother) had a smaller collection that i went diggin in wit some b-grade shit.. skee-lo, bums (brothas under madness), and that typa shit.

basically, i can thank my family for puttin me on all that shit... once i got a hold of them albums, i never looked back.

Well being in LA you grew up wit a lot of exposure to great music.  I mean even your pops was into 80’s hiphop—I mean my pops was into...  was into... oh yeah that’s right I didnt even know who the fuc my pops was all my life, which probably was another way of putting me onto hiphop as KRS says it’s the music created by a generation of babies who grew up without their fathers

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Elko.

First hip-hop artist I remember hearing/seeing was De La Soul with their video Ring Ring Ring on TV one Saturday morning - I would of been no older than 5 years old.

N.W.A shortly after that with 100 Miles N Runnin' video that a family member recorded on VHS.

2Pac single for How Do U Want It/California Love/2 Of Amerikaz/Hit Em Up of my brothers CD collection I found in 1997 - it was over after that, I caught the hip-hop bug.

Kurupt when the video for It's Over came out in 2001, TV and radio were playing it and I started listening to the DPG catalogue.

DJ Quik when I was 13 years old when I heard him on 'P.S. Phuk U 2' with Penthouse Players Clique and Eazy-E because my friend was a huge fan of Eazy and put me on. He was the first artist I literally hooked onto on every-single-level. Everything he put out, I was fucking with and still do.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 09:55:05 PM by Profile. »

The following users thanked this post: Sccit