Author Topic: Your Favorite Nipsey Hussle Mixtape?  (Read 1662 times)

Okka

Your Favorite Nipsey Hussle Mixtape?
« on: April 06, 2019, 08:22:10 AM »
What is your favorite mixtape from Nipsey?

kuruptlon

Re: Your Favorite Nipsey Hussle Mixtape?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 10:01:29 AM »
For me it's definitely The Marathon. I can listen to that pretty much straight through and it's all 🔥🔥🔥🔥. It really plays like an album probably because some of the songs were meant for South Central State Of Mind (Keys 2 The City, Blue Laces, Mr Untouchable and I Don't Give A Fuck).

I really liked Crenshaw and Mailbox Money. Thought TMC was a pretty big let down. Didn't really care for the sound of that one outside of Who Detached Us and Outro.

What you got Okka?

The following users thanked this post: Blood$

Blood$

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 11:51:41 AM »
this a tough one so I’ll have to say a tie between Bullets Ain’t Got No Names Vol. II since that takes me back to my high school senior year and The Marathon Continues because that dropped during a high point of my life

long live Nip

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 12:02:10 PM »
mailbox money was pressed on official cds right?

the one he was sellin at a really high price ..... that one had hard copies

i been tryna get my hands on whatever he came out wit in physical form since before his passing

Sccit

manson

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 01:27:20 PM »
Instinctively, Bullets aint got no names 2 comes to mind easily but so much "personnal" classics from Nip man. Probably 30 to 40 songs from him in my "all time playlist", that means songs i really like, and that's enormous as for me. Easily in my All time Top 10, Neighborhood Nip hussle, rightfully named The Great. I aint gon lie, i liked his early flow better as well as the beats he chose then, but it was always a few bangers (for the nostalgics like me probably, thk u Nip) in every tape, and as far as the content, you could see the growth, and it wasn't about to stop. His actions outside of music were just beautiful. Sorry for being late and being the 1000th to annoy everybody with his feelings but i had to honnor this man somewhere.   

The following users thanked this post: Blood$

Blood$

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 04:56:09 PM »
nevermind. that was crenshaw

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nipsey-Hussle-Limited-Edition-Crenshaw-Mixtape-320-1000/382877824484?hash=item59254bf5e4:g:hwIAAOSwfwFcopD1

damn

sheesh lol I think Mailbox Money may have had hard copies, that was the one he sold for $1,000 if I'm not mistaken

I've got Crenshaw on vinyl

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 05:48:39 PM »
nevermind. that was crenshaw

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nipsey-Hussle-Limited-Edition-Crenshaw-Mixtape-320-1000/382877824484?hash=item59254bf5e4:g:hwIAAOSwfwFcopD1

damn

sheesh lol I think Mailbox Money may have had hard copies, that was the one he sold for $1,000 if I'm not mistaken

I've got Crenshaw on vinyl

JUST LOOKED IT UP

MAILBOX MONEY HAD 100 COPIES PRESSED AT $1,000 EACH

CRENSHAW HAD 1,000 COPIES PRESSED AT $100 EACH

BOTH THEM ALBUMS IS GUNA BE WORTH A PRETTY PENNY, BUT THAT MAILBOX MONEY IS GUNA BE ONE OF THE MOST COVETED ALBUMS IN HIP-HOP HISTORY WHEN IT'S ALL SAID N DONE. FUCKED UP PART BOUT IT, I HAD A CHANCE TO BUY A HARD COPY OF CRENSHAW FOR $130 IN THE SUMMER N FELT IT WAS TOO MUCH....BIG MISTAKE.

Young Old Head

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2019, 04:22:40 AM »
The one that got me really into Nip was Bullets Ain't Got No Name 3. Became a real fan with The Marathon. But my favorite is Slauson Boy 2. 17 tracks, no fillers. And it was the first time that the mixing was on point. It almost felt like an actual album.

Cash Money Blood Gang

Funkstradamus

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2019, 11:06:45 PM »
definitely Bullets Aint Got No Names Vol 2 cause i was really feeling that Hussle In The House when it dropped.

The following users thanked this post: sheparali

romson19

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2019, 02:42:25 AM »
RiP Nipsey!!!

Nipsey Hu$$le - South Central State Of Mind (The Lost Album)

1. Hussle In The House
  2. Gangsta's Life (Feat. Snoop Dogg)
  3. Keys To The City
  4. Feelin' Myself (Feat. Lloyd)
  5. Hussle Is My Last Name
  6. Army All By Myself (Feat. Jay Rock & 2Pac)
  7. Mr. Untouchable (Feat. Kokane)
  8. They Roll (Feat. The Game)
  9. Roll The Windows Up (Feat. Slauson Boyz & K-Young)
10. Return Of The Swagg (Feat. Iyaz)
11. Ridin' Slow (Feat. Question, Sean Kingston & Bun B)
12. Squeeze First (Feat. Crook671)
13. Run A Lap
14. Fly Away (Feat. Omar Cruz, Astal & K-Young)
15. I Don't Give A Fuck
16. Dream Supplier
17. Hustle (Feat. Sean Kingston)
18. One For Money
19. Never Lose
20. Bullets Aint Got No Name (Bonus Track)

https://www60.zippyshare.com/v/uNnFTsPD/file.html
RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

djfilthyrich

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2019, 03:15:28 PM »

Hard to pick just one....either Marathon or Bullets vol.2 I think.....

For me it's definitely The Marathon. I can listen to that pretty much straight through and it's all 🔥🔥🔥🔥. It really plays like an album probably because some of the songs were meant for South Central State Of Mind (Keys 2 The City, Blue Laces, Mr Untouchable and I Don't Give A Fuck).

I really liked Crenshaw and Mailbox Money. Thought TMC was a pretty big let down. Didn't really care for the sound of that one outside of Who Detached Us and Outro.

What you got Okka?

If you didn't like the sound of TMC, then I have good news for you.....I'm droppin a blendtape using a lot of the vocals from TMC, and every track will be over either silky west coast beats (like DJ Quik/Battlecat etc), smooth lush beats like some of Rick Ross' tracks, or soulful beats.
Droppin it this Thursday.  Here's a couple of sneak peaks....

« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 03:17:57 PM by djfilthyrich »

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2019, 03:25:05 PM »

What you got Okka?

If you didn't like the sound of TMC, then I have good news for you.....I'm droppin a blendtape using a lot of the vocals from TMC, and every track will be over either silky west coast beats (like DJ Quik/Battlecat etc), smooth lush beats like some of Rick Ross' tracks, or soulful beats.

where u find the acapellas at?

kuruptlon

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2019, 04:40:21 PM »

What you got Okka?

Sounds dope man. Post a link I'll check it out when it drops.

sheparali

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2019, 06:44:17 AM »
When I heard Hussle in the House back in 2008 I knew Nipsey was finna make some noise so Ill say BAGNN vol II