Author Topic: ANDERSON .PAAK - VENTURA (Official Discussion)  (Read 3456 times)

Jay_J

Re: Anderson .Paak: Ventura (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2021, 04:08:15 AM »
i never liked Oxnard... paak wasnt even happy with it and asked dre to do the next one with more freedom in the studio. then it worked.

mtbsm

Re: Anderson .Paak: Ventura (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2021, 04:52:02 AM »
Love this album. Plus there is an instrumental version !

Sccit

ANDERSON .PAAK - VENTURA (Official Discussion)
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2021, 02:33:42 AM »
i never liked Oxnard... paak wasnt even happy with it and asked dre to do the next one with more freedom in the studio. then it worked.

naah that’s not true ….. they planned to do 2 albums from the jump. one was supposed to be a large superstar rap album which was dre’s idea (“oxnard”), and the other was a more laid back soul album that paak was more comfortable doin (“ventura”)……obviously “ventura” came out better, considering paak isn’t really a rapper as much as he is a singer, but “oxnard” was still a dope ass album regardless.

Jay_J

Re: ANDERSON .PAAK - VENTURA (Official Discussion)
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2021, 06:18:08 AM »
naah that’s not true ….. they planned to do 2 albums from the jump. one was supposed to be a large superstar rap album which was dre’s idea (“oxnard”), and the other was a more laid back soul album that paak was more comfortable doin (“ventura”)……obviously “ventura” came out better, considering paak isn’t really a rapper as much as he is a singer, but “oxnard” was still a dope ass album regardless.

i know they planned to do 2 albums but after oxnard paak told that he asked dre to let him do it on his own this time. dre answered it "ok you are ready, lets see what u can do"... it was in an interview. i'm sure paak thought when dre was involved much he couldnt show his potential enough.

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2021, 07:09:47 AM »
i know they planned to do 2 albums but after oxnard paak told that he asked dre to let him do it on his own this time. dre answered it "ok you are ready, lets see what u can do"... it was in an interview. i'm sure paak thought when dre was involved much he couldnt show his potential enough.

not because he felt oxnard was no good, but more so because he wanted to do a soul album based on his own ideas as he did in the past. oxnard was basically a rap album directed by dre.

Jay_J

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2021, 10:05:38 AM »

not because he felt oxnard was no good, but more so because he wanted to do a soul album based on his own ideas as he did in the past. oxnard was basically a rap album directed by dre.

yes it was and it didnt work. im a big dr. dre fan, i'd be happy if it'd work. but i have to say it was dissapointment.

jman91331

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2021, 10:52:44 AM »
I see what they were trying to do with Oxnard. In my opinion, it was a reverse of all these rappers coming out trying to sing, they did a a dope singer trying to rap. I like the concept of that's the case. It wasn't bad, just wasn't what the people were expecting.

Sccit

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2021, 04:47:42 PM »
yes it was and it didnt work. im a big dr. dre fan, i'd be happy if it'd work. but i have to say it was dissapointment.

i expected more as well, but it’s still a good album

dnjp4life

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2023, 04:17:09 AM »
A bit late I know, but this has been the album of the summer for me after picking it up a few months back.

The musicality of this album is insane, it's so rich and multi-layered with tons of different vocal layers coming through at different times and from different angles when you listen to it with full attention.  So many infectious beats and grooves on here.

This might be Dr. Dre's best ever mix, he should basically mix every piece of music that anyone ever decides to release if this is the end result.

Also the Nate Dogg track that closes out the album is just perfect, and an example of how to do a posthumous song in the right way.

I doubt Anderson .Paak can ever top this, this album is brilliant  8)

Sccit

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2023, 07:01:52 AM »
A bit late I know, but this has been the album of the summer for me after picking it up a few months back.

The musicality of this album is insane, it's so rich and multi-layered with tons of different vocal layers coming through at different times and from different angles when you listen to it with full attention.  So many infectious beats and grooves on here.

This might be Dr. Dre's best ever mix, he should basically mix every piece of music that anyone ever decides to release if this is the end result.

Also the Nate Dogg track that closes out the album is just perfect, and an example of how to do a posthumous song in the right way.

have you heard malibu and yes lawd?

astra4322

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2023, 07:41:57 AM »
I remember bumping OXNARD for weeks  8)

mtbsm

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2023, 08:13:33 AM »

with you 100% on this. instrumental version goes, too

dnjp4life

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2023, 11:07:17 AM »

have you heard malibu and yes lawd?

I’ve got Malibu and Oxnard but haven’t heard Yes Lawd, I will
Have to check it out.

I like Malibu a lot, and Oxnard has some solid tracks on it, but Ventura is superior to both in my opinion.

Sccit

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2023, 12:30:59 PM »
I’ve got Malibu and Oxnard but haven’t heard Yes Lawd, I will
Have to check it out.

I like Malibu a lot, and Oxnard has some solid tracks on it, but Ventura is superior to both in my opinion.

check yes lawd asap .. that and malibu are his classix imo

ventura is up there too tho