Author Topic: Nate Dogg - G-Funk Classics, Vol. 1 & 2 [Discussion]  (Read 2207 times)

LegendaryEternallyCLE

• Lil Geezy
  • Cleveland is the City where I come from
Re: Nate Dogg - G-Funk Classics, Vol. 1 & 2 [Discussion]
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2019, 11:31:05 AM »
Breakaway bought Nate Dogg’s contract from Death Row for something like $500k so I’m skeptic of Suge supposedly funding the label. Reggie has spoke on this before.

What would Suge even have to gain by starting a side label with no public attachment to Death Row? Death Row itself was not doing so hot at the time.

All I can tell you is; I was told Suge was funding it from Jail by someone working for Breakaway. She told me one day she received a call telling her it was her last day and the company was done. And when she went to collect unemployment, she found out the company wasn't paying taxes, they had no record of her working for them and she couldn't collect. She said it was all super shady.

She did however hook me up with a bunch of promo CD's and a signed Nate Dogg Poster.

Ya I’m not doubting what she said to you I just think she heard incorrect information because it doesn’t make sense and that’s not what the guy running Death Row at the time said about it. Here’s one interview where he talks about it.

It's cool. I'm not here to blow smoke. I'm just trying to give information from a creditable source who actually worked there. Take it or leave it, I don't care.

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2019, 12:02:12 PM »
Breakaway bought Nate Dogg’s contract from Death Row for something like $500k so I’m skeptic of Suge supposedly funding the label. Reggie has spoke on this before.

What would Suge even have to gain by starting a side label with no public attachment to Death Row? Death Row itself was not doing so hot at the time.

All I can tell you is; I was told Suge was funding it from Jail by someone working for Breakaway. She told me one day she received a call telling her it was her last day and the company was done. And when she went to collect unemployment, she found out the company wasn't paying taxes, they had no record of her working for them and she couldn't collect. She said it was all super shady.

She did however hook me up with a bunch of promo CD's and a signed Nate Dogg Poster.

Ya I’m not doubting what she said to you I just think she heard incorrect information because it doesn’t make sense and that’s not what the guy running Death Row at the time said about it. Here’s one interview where he talks about it.

It's cool. I'm not here to blow smoke. I'm just trying to give information from a creditable source who actually worked there. Take it or leave it, I don't care.

i’m guna leave it .. the bitch couldn’t even get her paperwork straight, how she sposta know who’s runnin shit behind the scenes?

LegendaryEternallyCLE

• Lil Geezy
  • Cleveland is the City where I come from
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2019, 02:29:29 PM »

i’m guna leave it .. the bitch couldn’t even get her paperwork straight, how she sposta know who’s runnin shit behind the scenes?

Like I said, believe whatever.  I only know, what I know. It's all good.

Celestial Breakaway Entertainment was ran by I believe David Mishery, who had a close relationship with Suge. Rumors were always this label was secretly funded by Suge.

If someone was able to get a hold of Mr. Mishery, maybe we could get some concrete answers.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit