Author Topic: MC Ren (feat. Ice Cube) - Racketeering (Produced By Dr. Dre & DJ Yella)  (Read 2134 times)

<waits for Shag Diggler to repost this as an unleaked exclusive he traded half a bar of gold and 3 grams of unicorn horn dust for in 6 months time followed by copped pleas and various tales of the Duck when he's called on his BS. Again>

For real though, those of you that are getting geeked by this. Why?

It doesn't hold a candle to any of the artists involved weakest jams so whats got y'all so excited? Dre overall must've had the greatest fall off of any artist ever in my ears because so much of his post 2001 stuff just sounds boring and uninspired and you all know how I feel about his Compton weedplate. Its like y'all are flocking to a brand because of its heritage and not seeing its current output for what it is and its genuinely puzzling if not straight up groupieish.

Its like if Hello as comparison was an 8/10 track then this is a 2/10 on its best day, disagree?

Sccit

<waits for Shag Diggler to repost this as an unleaked exclusive he traded half a bar of gold and 3 grams of unicorn horn dust for in 6 months time followed by copped pleas and various tales of the Duck when he's called on his BS. Again>

It doesn't hold a candle to any of the artists involved weakest jams so whats got y'all so excited? Dre overall must've had the greatest fall off of any artist ever in my ears because so much of his post 2001 stuff just sounds boring and uninspired and you all know how I feel about his Compton weedplate. Its like y'all are flocking to a brand because of its heritage and not seeing its current output for what it is and its genuinely puzzling if not straight up groupieish.

Its like if Hello as comparison was an 8/10 track then this is a 2/10 on its best day, disagree?

lol

i mean, there’s an obvious reason this wasn’t released .... dre knows his current shit isn’t cutting it, so he doesn’t put it out. i agree, he’s out of his prime.. but ventura by anderson paak was a great album and the general consensus agrees, so it’s not like he totally lost it.

lol

i mean, there’s an obvious reason this wasn’t released .... dre knows his current shit isn’t cutting it, so he doesn’t put it out. i agree, he’s out of his prime.. but ventura by anderson paak was a great album and the general consensus agrees, so it’s not like he totally lost it.

I'm glad we could converse on this hot topic in a mature fashion as it appears you agree that Dre fell off.

The thing with his peak was that it was so high and so good, not to mention in 3 separate eras that he defined, that this "new Dre" stuff is just totally wack in comparison. I used to wonder why he took that hiatus in the middle, hyped the crap out of and never delivered Detox and drafted in army of producers in his quest for the next sound because he simply didn't have it any more as his subsequent body of work in comparison to what came before proves and I can see why he was hesitant to drop anything.

Oddly enough there is a pattern to Dres best work as it often comes when his back to the wall or after he's dropped a brick so there is hope for a follow up yet but Compton is a forced classic at best and underwhelming weedplate if one is brutally honest (by Dres standards/legacy) which is proved by how it came and went.

Personally I was hyped for his Planets album as I'd really like to hear him venture outside of rap and create something different because he's by far the most talented producer ever and has/had an impeccable ear but just needs the right kind of motivation which given he's a billionaire now is something he could buy if needs be.

Sccit

lol

I'm glad we could converse on this hot topic in a mature fashion as it appears you agree that Dre fell off.

The thing with his peak was that it was so high and so good, not to mention in 3 separate eras that he defined, that this "new Dre" stuff is just totally wack in comparison. I used to wonder why he took that hiatus in the middle, hyped the crap out of and never delivered Detox and drafted in army of producers in his quest for the next sound because he simply didn't have it any more as his subsequent body of work in comparison to what came before proves and I can see why he was hesitant to drop anything.

Oddly enough there is a pattern to Dres best work as it often comes when his back to the wall or after he's dropped a brick so there is hope for a follow up yet but Compton is a forced classic at best and underwhelming weedplate if one is brutally honest (by Dres standards/legacy) which is proved by how it came and went.

Personally I was hyped for his Planets album as I'd really like to hear him venture outside of rap and create something different because he's by far the most talented producer ever and has/had an impeccable ear but just needs the right kind of motivation which given he's a billionaire now is something he could buy if needs be.

as you already know, i really like compton and thought it was an underrated classic due to the fact that people expected something totally different from dre.. all on me, deep water, diary, all in a days work, genocide, animals, for the love of money, etc. were all top notch productions if u go into them wit an open mind

i agree that dre’s standards are so high that anything less than a 10/10 has people lookin at him sideways..... but as u said, dres greatness always came from motivation/his back bein against the wall, so it’s no surprise his prime years are behind him now that he’s solidified as the richest and most revered producer in hip-hop history

i still think he has enough joints to put out a classic version of detox, but due to his over-the-top perfectionism, he ain’t releasing that shit unless he believes it’ll change the game

Cool. Its nice to hear you keep it 100.

Sccit

Cool. Its nice to hear you keep it 100.

as always

gio™fugahoo

Could anybody please upload it to another file uploader  cause I can’t listen to this
Yes 10 years ago I would open the laptop and download it and listen to it but now I ain’t got time for this shit ;D ;D