Author Topic: New Wu-tang Documentary Discussion Thread  (Read 2057 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
New Wu-tang Documentary Discussion Thread
« on: May 21, 2019, 10:57:18 AM »
lol@U-God or any second tier Wu-tang artist trying to diss Rza. 

Funny part in the doc when Capadonna was actually trying to diss Rza saying Rza owed him a 50,000 dollar bonus he was promised for selling gold.  Only problem was that Cap had only just SHIPPED gold, he had not actually sold gold at the time he was complaining.  Rza was nice and obliged anyway and still gave him the bonus early before Cap went on to sell gold.  Yet Cap still acted salty.

And Cap benefited from great timing and luck as he was released on the coattails of the Wu-Tang forever album and in the Summer of 98' when heads were still fienin for real hip-hop.  If he'd been released any earlier the game would've been too crowded as Death Row and the West was dominant, or any later fans had headed down south and weren't into that raw hip-hop sound anymore of the 90's.  He should thank his lucky stars for his good fortune and the last person he should diss is Rza.  Rza hooked him up with a great album and good sales. I mean for the rest of his life he can say he once had a #1 album.  And he was the 10th member of the Clan!! Not even an o.g member!!

They all owe respect, love, appreciation, and most their wealth to Rza, with the exception of Method Man only, because there were times when Method Man was actually bigger than the group itself, a lot of people became fans of the Wu through Method Man and not the other way around.  I was actually a Method Man fan before I was a Wu fan.  A lot of that had to do with me being only into West Coast music during that era, and so it was rare an East Coast act would break through but when I saw "Bring the Pain" in 95' that shit was mind-blowing, the subway, the graffiti, that shit was fire, it was like some hip-hop underworld.

...And what's up with Dirty leaving his brother (and blood cousin right?) Rza to run with Dame Dash?  That was the most interesting part of the documentary regarding the disputes over money, and still Rza always takes the high road and let them out the contracts for free and came around to produce and write for ODB.

...The doc was slow at times, definitely the highlight was the old, exclusive, and never before seen footage from the Enter the 36 Chambers days.  I mean you can literally see them laying the blueprints and many of the key moments in the Wu-history. 
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 02:50:21 PM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: SuperSpider

Sccit

Re: New Wu-tang Documentary Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 11:11:17 AM »
is this on netflix?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 02:55:29 PM »
is this on netflix?

Nah homie, it’s on Showtime (or was it HBO) called something like “Mics and Men”... the way I had to do it was I went to Amazon.  Just type it in on Amazon and click the 7 day Showtime Trial and it is free then after you finish watching just cancel your Showtime trial

Or find it on some bootleg site.  It’s like that Suge Doc, I think it was also a Showtime Doc
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 03:02:40 PM »
is this on netflix?

Nah homie, it’s on Showtime (or was it HBO) called something like “Mics and Men”... the way I had to do it was I went to Amazon.  Just type it in on Amazon and click the 7 day Showtime Trial and it is free then after you finish watching just cancel your Showtime trial

Or find it on some bootleg site.  It’s like that Suge Doc, I think it was also a Showtime Doc

will check, good looks

SuperSpider

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 03:26:58 PM »
Wu Tang could have gone just as well without U-God, Cappadonna, Masta Killa and Inspectah Deck in all fairness

8)

WestWestYA

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 03:56:33 PM »
Wu Tang could have gone just as well without U-God, Cappadonna, Masta Killa and Inspectah Deck in all fairness

8)
Funny

Elko.

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 05:23:26 PM »
I've definitely heard good things about this doc, especially studio footage from the recording sessions of 36 Chambers. It was produced by Mass Appeal (Nas) which is dope. Thanks for the reminder OP.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2019, 10:35:39 PM »

8)

Wu-tang did go just as well without Cappadonna and Masta Killa.  I mean Cappa wasn’t even a member till after ODB died and they were doing just fine, and Masta Killa didn’t appear much on the first album. They already had the video, single and were pretty much signed before he came.

Deck...I don’t know Deck is a pretty key component.  I mean, not so much that he should  be beefin with Rza over money and complaining about this and that in Vlad interviews—but Deck did his thing on “CREAM” and on “Triumph” so those are huge singles driving classic albums so it’s probably not fair to say they would’ve been just fine without him but I get your point.

...by the way, apparently Suge didn’t think much of Deck he just cut his verse off from Pac’s album like it wasn’t nothin... he said something funny too when he did it but I can’t remember it was somethin like “who is that guy we want Red and Meth” lol
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 10:39:55 PM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »

Elko.

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2019, 11:42:43 PM »

8)

Wu-tang did go just as well without Cappadonna and Masta Killa.  I mean Cappa wasn’t even a member till after ODB died and they were doing just fine, and Masta Killa didn’t appear much on the first album. They already had the video, single and were pretty much signed before he came.

Deck...I don’t know Deck is a pretty key component.  I mean, not so much that he should  be beefin with Rza over money and complaining about this and that in Vlad interviews—but Deck did his thing on “CREAM” and on “Triumph” so those are huge singles driving classic albums so it’s probably not fair to say they would’ve been just fine without him but I get your point.

...by the way, apparently Suge didn’t think much of Deck he just cut his verse off from Pac’s album like it wasn’t nothin... he said something funny too when he did it but I can’t remember it was somethin like “who is that guy we want Red and Meth” lol

If you're referring to "Got My Mind Made Up", Kurupt (on the Breakfast Club) talks about 2Pac taking Deck off, not Suge but still a pretty foul move.

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2019, 01:33:39 AM »

8)

If you're referring to "Got My Mind Made Up", Kurupt (on the Breakfast Club) talks about 2Pac taking Deck off, not Suge but still a pretty foul move.

yup it was pac who wanted deck off but left the adlibs in because they thought it would be funny or some weird shit like that

k1000

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2019, 04:32:14 AM »

Wu-tang did go just as well without Cappadonna and Masta Killa.  I mean Cappa wasn’t even a member till after ODB died and they were doing just fine,

I believe Cappadonna was a member on "The W" since he's listed on the cover beside the 9 other MCs. However ODB provided only one verse on that LP on the Snoop feature. Good song.

WestWestYA

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2019, 04:48:09 AM »
Best Verse on Iron Man

8)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2019, 11:58:45 AM »

8)

I stand corrected... I’ll look for the story, I think Daz has some video on YouTube about Deck gettin cut

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2019, 12:02:35 PM »

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2019, 06:19:01 PM »