Author Topic: New Wu-tang Documentary Discussion Thread  (Read 2062 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: New Wu-tang Documentary Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2019, 10:26:05 PM »
Don’t get me wrong, I love how candid U-God is and these are awesome interviews.  But I take Rza’s side in any Wu-Tang beef.

Even him blaming Wu’s lackluster albums on Rza’s beats I don’t agree with.  I think they just fell out of their prime—all of them.  I mean it’s not like they were dropping bombz outside of Wu-tang or outside of Rza production.  No way.  They could’ve got outside producers and it just would  have made the album feel less authentic. 

Even Meth had cooled off by that time.  I think the last time he was great was “Judgement Day”.  So they just fell out of their prime, no need to blame Rza for that.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2019, 05:54:26 AM »
Wu Tang could have gone just as well without U-God, Cappadonna, Masta Killa and Inspectah Deck in all fairness

8)

Without Deck? Nah. Cappa nicer than most and the whole Wu will tell you that.

SuperSpider

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2019, 10:06:53 AM »
Wu Tang could have gone just as well without U-God, Cappadonna, Masta Killa and Inspectah Deck in all fairness

8)

Without Deck? Nah. Cappa nicer than most and the whole Wu will tell you that.

What the Wu members say doesn't really mean much to me, most of them are boring as fuck on the mic, but I see what you are saying

Caliluv213

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2019, 02:54:11 PM »
Inspectar Dark vearse was trarsh, not fittin da son anyhow

Okka

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2019, 03:09:45 AM »
I'm about to start watchin' the first episode.

lol@U-God or any second tier Wu-tang artist trying to diss Rza. 

Funny part in the doc when Capadonna was actually trying to diss Rza saying Rza owed him a 50,000 dollar bonus he was promised for selling gold.  Only problem was that Cap had only just SHIPPED gold, he had not actually sold gold at the time he was complaining.  Rza was nice and obliged anyway and still gave him the bonus early before Cap went on to sell gold.  Yet Cap still acted salty.

And Cap benefited from great timing and luck as he was released on the coattails of the Wu-Tang forever album and in the Summer of 98' when heads were still fienin for real hip-hop.  If he'd been released any earlier the game would've been too crowded as Death Row and the West was dominant, or any later fans had headed down south and weren't into that raw hip-hop sound anymore of the 90's.  He should thank his lucky stars for his good fortune and the last person he should diss is Rza.  Rza hooked him up with a great album and good sales. I mean for the rest of his life he can say he once had a #1 album.  And he was the 10th member of the Clan!! Not even an o.g member!!

Cappa was there from the start though. "The Pillage" is a classic. I have no clue what the fuck happened when they were recordin' the 2nd album though.

Okka

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2019, 06:14:13 AM »
Anybody know what song that is at the end of the first episode when credits roll? It's Meth rappin'.

Duck Duck Doggy

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2019, 12:25:51 PM »
I’ve been wanting to watch this. Probably soon. I’d just like to say that I agree with Infinite throughout this thread. You on point b

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2019, 12:27:11 PM »

Funny part in the doc when Capadonna was actually trying to diss Rza saying Rza owed him a 50,000 dollar bonus he was promised for selling gold.  Only problem was that Cap had only just SHIPPED gold, he had not actually sold gold at the time he was complaining.  Rza was nice and obliged anyway and still gave him the bonus early before Cap went on to sell gold.  Yet Cap still acted salty.

And Cap benefited from great timing and luck as he was released on the coattails of the Wu-Tang forever album and in the Summer of 98' when heads were still fienin for real hip-hop.  If he'd been released any earlier the game would've been too crowded as Death Row and the West was dominant, or any later fans had headed down south and weren't into that raw hip-hop sound anymore of the 90's.  He should thank his lucky stars for his good fortune and the last person he should diss is Rza.  Rza hooked him up with a great album and good sales. I mean for the rest of his life he can say he once had a #1 album.  And he was the 10th member of the Clan!! Not even an o.g member!!

Cappa was there from the start though. "The Pillage" is a classic. I have no clue what the fuck happened when they were recordin' the 2nd album though.

cap only came around on forever and was still listed as a feature at that time.... he was originally with wu before they dropped but replaced by meth when he got locked up

Okka

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2019, 03:08:05 AM »

cap only came around on forever and was still listed as a feature at that time.... he was originally with wu before they dropped but replaced by meth when he got locked up

Yeah, but he was there from the beginning though. I know RZA said he became a official member when they dropped "8 Diagrams", but his name was on the front cover of "The W" with the rest of the 'em, so that's when I consider him becomin' a full member. He was always the unofficial tenth member though.

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2019, 09:49:31 AM »

Yeah, but he was there from the beginning though. I know RZA said he became a official member when they dropped "8 Diagrams", but his name was on the front cover of "The W" with the rest of the 'em, so that's when I consider him becomin' a full member. He was always the unofficial tenth member though.

exactly .. rza trippin, cap was a member on the w (not listed as a feature)

i had the same issue wit MO and LAMB ... originally he was just lambfam and we listed him as a feature on the back, even tho he became an official member shortly after the release

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2019, 11:25:41 AM »
SAW THE FIRST 2 EPISODES OF THIS BTW

SO FAR SO GOOD

ODB MIGHT BE MY FAV MEMBER, EVEN OVER METH

Duck Duck Doggy

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2019, 11:33:30 AM »

i had the same issue wit MO and LAMB ... originally he was just lambfam and we listed him as a feature on the back, even tho he became an official member shortly after the release

LMAO @ comparing Lamb to Wu Tang Clan. Don’t bring up lambfam bruh. Not in this thread. Smh

Sccit

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2019, 11:41:28 AM »

LMAO @ comparing Lamb to Wu Tang Clan. Don’t bring up lambfam bruh. Not in this thread. Smh

LAMB > WU-TANG

MO STILL RIPPIN SHIT

Petey is my Bo$$ - ALKN

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2019, 03:34:37 PM »
The killer tapes excelled a story about a dirty bastard showing naked and falling asleep during a Mariah Carry Video shoot. Dirty bastard hadn't showered in weeks and didn't have clean clothes.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2019, 04:44:59 PM »
I’ve been wanting to watch this. Probably soon. I’d just like to say that I agree with Infinite throughout this thread. You on point b

Damn dude... it must be 2001 up in this mufucka, Dogg showin props to Inifinite—must be a time warp
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)