Author Topic: New Wu-tang Documentary Discussion Thread  (Read 2058 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: New Wu-tang Documentary Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2019, 04:49:14 PM »
I'm about to start watchin' the first episode.

lol@U-God or any second tier Wu-tang artist trying to diss Rza. 

Funny part in the doc when Capadonna was actually trying to diss Rza saying Rza owed him a 50,000 dollar bonus he was promised for selling gold.  Only problem was that Cap had only just SHIPPED gold, he had not actually sold gold at the time he was complaining.  Rza was nice and obliged anyway and still gave him the bonus early before Cap went on to sell gold.  Yet Cap still acted salty.

And Cap benefited from great timing and luck as he was released on the coattails of the Wu-Tang forever album and in the Summer of 98' when heads were still fienin for real hip-hop.  If he'd been released any earlier the game would've been too crowded as Death Row and the West was dominant, or any later fans had headed down south and weren't into that raw hip-hop sound anymore of the 90's.  He should thank his lucky stars for his good fortune and the last person he should diss is Rza.  Rza hooked him up with a great album and good sales. I mean for the rest of his life he can say he once had a #1 album.  And he was the 10th member of the Clan!! Not even an o.g member!!

Cappa was there from the start though. "The Pillage" is a classic. I have no clue what the fuck happened when they were recordin' the 2nd album though.

cap only came around on forever and was still listed as a feature at that time.... he was originally with wu before they dropped but replaced by meth when he got locked up

Yeah, but he was there from the beginning though. I know RZA said he became a official member when they dropped "8 Diagrams", but his name was on the front cover of "The W" with the rest of the 'em, so that's when I consider him becomin' a full member. He was always the unofficial tenth member though.

exactly .. rza trippin, cap was a member on the w (not listed as a feature)

i had the same issue wit MO and LAMB ... originally he was just lambfam and we listed him as a feature on the back, even tho he became an official member shortly after the release

When’s the documentary on the LAMBfam dropping?  And is my affiliation and later beef with the crew at least worthy of a cameo?
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2019, 05:28:30 PM »
I'm about to start watchin' the first episode.

lol@U-God or any second tier Wu-tang artist trying to diss Rza. 

Funny part in the doc when Capadonna was actually trying to diss Rza saying Rza owed him a 50,000 dollar bonus he was promised for selling gold.  Only problem was that Cap had only just SHIPPED gold, he had not actually sold gold at the time he was complaining.  Rza was nice and obliged anyway and still gave him the bonus early before Cap went on to sell gold.  Yet Cap still acted salty.

And Cap benefited from great timing and luck as he was released on the coattails of the Wu-Tang forever album and in the Summer of 98' when heads were still fienin for real hip-hop.  If he'd been released any earlier the game would've been too crowded as Death Row and the West was dominant, or any later fans had headed down south and weren't into that raw hip-hop sound anymore of the 90's.  He should thank his lucky stars for his good fortune and the last person he should diss is Rza.  Rza hooked him up with a great album and good sales. I mean for the rest of his life he can say he once had a #1 album.  And he was the 10th member of the Clan!! Not even an o.g member!!

Cappa was there from the start though. "The Pillage" is a classic. I have no clue what the fuck happened when they were recordin' the 2nd album though.

cap only came around on forever and was still listed as a feature at that time.... he was originally with wu before they dropped but replaced by meth when he got locked up

Yeah, but he was there from the beginning though. I know RZA said he became a official member when they dropped "8 Diagrams", but his name was on the front cover of "The W" with the rest of the 'em, so that's when I consider him becomin' a full member. He was always the unofficial tenth member though.

exactly .. rza trippin, cap was a member on the w (not listed as a feature)

i had the same issue wit MO and LAMB ... originally he was just lambfam and we listed him as a feature on the back, even tho he became an official member shortly after the release

When’s the documentary on the LAMBfam dropping?  And is my affiliation and later beef with the crew at least worthy of a cameo?

of course, that’s an entire chapter in itself

Elko.

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2019, 04:31:17 PM »
Just came back to say how fucking good this series was. I hope it gets aired on other platforms but holy shit was this the perfect documentary on the Wu. Highly rated! +1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2019, 04:38:05 PM »
Just came back to say how fucking good this series was. I hope it gets aired on other platforms but holy shit was this the perfect documentary on the Wu. Highly rated! +1

Yeah homie, the dude who did the doc actually grew up around the way from Wu-Tang in the same era so he was on the right wavelength, broadly intelligent cat too by the way
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Elko.

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2019, 10:01:33 PM »

Yeah homie, the dude who did the doc actually grew up around the way from Wu-Tang in the same era so he was on the right wavelength, broadly intelligent cat too by the way

Sacha Jenkins? I've been meaning to cop his book 'Ego Trip's Book of Rap Lists'.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2019, 10:31:55 PM »

Sacha Jenkins? I've been meaning to cop his book 'Ego Trip's Book of Rap Lists'.

Yeah Sacha

hmm.. sounds interesting, I will check for that book