Author Topic: Anyone actually buy the Twinz and Dove Shack albums on their release dates?  (Read 2132 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
If you read Rap Pages and the Source, you knew these albums were dropping.  I live in Canada, and Much Music played Eastsode LB and Summertime in the LBC all the time.

Bought Twinz a week after it dropped, Doce Shack a couple weeks late.  Twinz blew me away as I immediately recognized it was really a continuation of Regulate in terms of production style. The Dove Shack album was far less consistent and I've never loved it aside from a few tracks.  There second, Japanese only release is much better.

I

I got my Liscence in 98’ and that’s when I started loitering record stores as a hobby and reading every rap mag on the shelf.

...in 96’ I was still to young to catch every issue but I copped the major ones in 96 like the Cube W cover (which is I encased the cover of and it is still displayed on the wall of my living room to this day as a collectors item) and the Dre cover (my icon) and the Suge cover—but maybe I missed a string of issues in 95’

« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 04:33:12 PM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
If you read Rap Pages and the Source, you knew these albums were dropping.  I live in Canada, and Much Music played Eastsode LB and Summertime in the LBC all the time.

Bought Twinz a week after it dropped, Doce Shack a couple weeks late.  Twinz blew me away as I immediately recognized it was really a continuation of Regulate in terms of production style. The Dove Shack album was far less consistent and I've never loved it aside from a few tracks.  There second, Japanese only release is much better.

I

that’s a whole nother thread in its own

why the fuck was their sophomore album exclusive to japan? smh

Wtf?   Is it any good?

As far as Dove Shack yeah it’s not as good as Twins and the skits are annoying—but “Summertime in the L.B.C” is better than any song on Conversation and the album has that same vintage G Funk sound the Twinz album has.

Twinz is better Top to Bottom with and you can play without skipping
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 04:34:26 PM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

I

that’s a whole nother thread in its own

why the fuck was their sophomore album exclusive to japan? smh

Wtf?   Is it any good?

As far as Dove Shack yeah it’s not as good as Twins and the skits are annoying—but “Summertime in the L.B.C” is better than any song on Conversation and the album has that same vintage G Funk sound the Twinz album has.

Twinz is better Top to Bottom with and you can play without skipping

i’m still tryna find it at a reasonable price

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
98 was the year I heard these albums for the first time as well. Twinz album is classic. Dove Shack is a level below. Classic G Funk for the real heads that look deep enough to find it

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
I will admit tho, i copped the Twinz album because I thought Warren G would be all over it. I was excited when i read the liner notes and saw he was on almost every track. Then was disappointed that Warren was only on choruses or one line in a song. After i got over the disappointment i ended up liking the album.

Sccit

DAMN SHAME THAT DAZ NEVER RELEASED THEIR INITIAL 2004 FOLLOW UP ON DPG RECORDS .. SOME OF IT LEAKED THO:

1. Baby Let's Roll

2. Down Wit Us

3. P.I.M.P. (Paper In My Pocket)

4. Smokin On Dro

5. Watchin You

6. Good Ol Music

7. California Liscense Plates

8. Gangsta Gangsta

9. Fuck Wit It

10. Make Me Want It

AND THEN IN 2009, SNOOP RELEASED AN OFFICIAL 2ND ALBUM BY THEM ON DOGGYSTYLE RECORDS. I BELIEVE THE WHOLE THING WAS PRODUCED BY SNOOP TOO....

https://www.amazon.com/Loccs-Explicit-Snoop-Presentz-Twinz/dp/B0029LTBKI

^THIS SHIT ACTUALLY SOUND CLEAN..ANY1 KNOW IF HARD COPIES FOR THIS SHIT EXISTS?

djfilthyrich

I copped both within a week or 2 of release.  I knew they were coming bc of the ads in hip hop mags (Rap Pages & The Source). 

doggfather

Anyone actually buy the Twinz and Dove Shack albums on their release dates? 

DEF no...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ