Author Topic: Death row best of  (Read 1808 times)

Okka

Re: Death row best of
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2019, 03:36:24 AM »
Damn, how could I forget "Beware Of My Crew". I included that and "Just Doggin" in my last "The Best Of Death Row" mixtape i made. Death Row released too much dope shit. The original "Lady Heroin" is another song that I would definitely add to my mix and "Sho Shot" from Rage too.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2019, 10:27:45 PM »
Damn, how could I forget "Beware Of My Crew". I included that and "Just Doggin" in my last "The Best Of Death Row" mixtape i made. Death Row released too much dope shit. The original "Lady Heroin" is another song that I would definitely add to my mix and "Sho Shot" from Rage too.

Yeah, "Just Doggin" the version that is on the Sunset Park soundtrack is bangin!  That soundtrack came out right after Dre had made the announcement he was leaving Death Row.  And I was still only like 13 at that time, so I didn't know that songs were recorded like months or even years in advance of the release.  I was dumb and actually thought Nate was dissing Dre when he sung "...knew a nigga named Dr. Dre... now he's fuckin up the whole rap industry". 

Death Row did their thing on that album cause they also gave them Pac's "High Till I Die".  Can't remember off the top of my head which label that album was on but I'm curious how much they must've given Suge for such solid Death Row cuts.  That was a great album spring of 96', one of the better hip-hop albums of all time.  MC Lyte "Keep On" was a monster hit and they had good tracks from Ghostface, Mob Deep, Aliyah.

My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2019, 11:38:31 PM »

Yeah, "Just Doggin" the version that is on the Sunset Park soundtrack is bangin!  That soundtrack came out right after Dre had made the announcement he was leaving Death Row.  And I was still only like 13 at that time, so I didn't know that songs were recorded like months or even years in advance of the release.  I was dumb and actually thought Nate was dissing Dre when he sung "...knew a nigga named Dr. Dre... now he's fuckin up the whole rap industry". 

Death Row did their thing on that album cause they also gave them Pac's "High Till I Die".  Can't remember off the top of my head which label that album was on but I'm curious how much they must've given Suge for such solid Death Row cuts.  That was a great album spring of 96', one of the better hip-hop albums of all time.  MC Lyte "Keep On" was a monster hit and they had good tracks from Ghostface, Mob Deep, Aliyah.

It came out on EastWest Records. It has one of the dopest Mobb Deep songs on it that isn't on any of their albums. I just bought the soundtrack not too long ago.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2019, 06:56:34 AM »

It came out on EastWest Records. It has one of the dopest Mobb Deep songs on it that isn't on any of their albums. I just bought the soundtrack not too long ago.

Yeah that was like my first exposure to Mob Deep cause I was mostly just fuccin wit Death Row and West Coast at the time.  But yeah, that joint is vintage Mob Deep
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: Okka