Author Topic: My Stand-up Comedy Attempt. Yes, it sucks, but something new I'm trying anyway  (Read 596 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
My Stand Up Comedy Intro

Link:  https://soundcloud.com/trace1infinite/comedyedit2

I know it's horrible, but it's just something new I've been messing with over the last year.  I've been jotting down bits when they come to my mind and been trying it out a little bit if I get an opportunity in front of people.  Reviews have all not been good so far, but it's something I'm trying anyway.  This forum is dead so I certainly don't expect any feedback here, but maybe I'd be lucky and get, I don't know like one review, perhaps?  It would be something new for the forum.

I mean, hip-hop and comedy have always been related.  Snoop said in an interview if he didn't make it in rap he would be a stand-up comedian like Katt Williams or something.   Well, I certainly didn't make it in rap (other then winning a couple battles at some local venues, and by the looks of it will probably fair even worse in comedy) but what the hell... here goes...

My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

SuperSpider

I was actually looking forward to enjoying some jokes, no matter good or bad.......but there were none?!? Did you just get high one evening and record yourself rambling about everyday stuff? There weren't any set ups, punchlines...nothing. Have you tried watching some [good] stand up comedians and taking notes on how they lead up to and deliver a punchline?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I was actually looking forward to enjoying some jokes, no matter good or bad.......but there were none?!? Did you just get high one evening and record yourself rambling about everyday stuff? There weren't any set ups, punchlines...nothing. Have you tried watching some [good] stand up comedians and taking notes on how they lead up to and deliver a punchline?

Good reviews... there were some jokes there they probably just weren’t funny, there were some punchlines there they maybe lacked punch, and setups were there and that can’t be denied.

Yeah I’ve watched standup and taken notes...but it takes more than good note taking I’m sure
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

lmao