Author Topic: Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 5117 times)

Sccit

Re: Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Official Anticipation Thread)
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2019, 01:48:10 PM »
Nas does it again, another classic  8)

LOL STOP

Duck Duck Doggy

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2019, 05:26:17 PM »
Lol please. This shit should have stayed lost. A few bangers here and there but mostly disappointing

Blood$

Re: Nas - The Lost Tapes II (Official Anticipation Thread)
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2019, 10:10:32 AM »
i like it.

some1 on the coli said:

"This song makes me feel like he’s being chased nonstop by some cartoonish evil pee wee Herman type character and he can’t escape this dream. fuck this is terrible."

lmfao... why did that comment make me hear the song before actually hearing it?

I just peeped it, not feeling that but I'm downloading the album now, hopefully this is the only skipper

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2019, 11:28:01 PM »
For me I’m a fan of Lost Tapes 1 so I was hoping for something similar or like his other great unreleased and bootleg stuff over the years.. I need some more time for it to grow on me but so far it’s better than that Kanye trash he last put off... “War Against Love” and “Queens Wolf” seem to be worthy tracks... but so far I can’t get a grasp on it...

Btw “World To Me” is dope but Id already heard that one, maybe even several years back not sure but I know I used to bump it
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 11:33:54 PM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

-Davizz-

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2019, 12:32:29 AM »
Solid album, "Beautiful Life" should have been "Life Is Good" closer, perfect ending.
My other favorite ones are "Lost Freestyle", "Royalty", "The Art of It" and the single, it's easy to hate (and I'm sure he was expecting this, that's why it's even better) but I like the Jazz/Scat vibe, it's something different and funny.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2019, 03:49:36 AM »
Solid album, "Beautiful Life" should have been "Life Is Good" closer, perfect ending.
My other favorite ones are "Lost Freestyle", "Royalty", "The Art of It" and the single, it's easy to hate (and I'm sure he was expecting this, that's why it's even better) but I like the Jazz/Scat vibe, it's something different and funny.

after more than a few listens it is not nearly as good as Lost Tapes 1 but very dope nonetheless

can't get into the 1st single at all though no matter how many times I listen to it
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 05:59:48 AM by HighEyeCue »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2019, 09:01:16 AM »
Fucc it...(I work abroad) but I’m back in the states for the summer and my life is shit here and I’m the biggest fuccin loser here...

....so since I’m stuck here a few more days I just decided I’m so fuccin depressed I don’t even have the energy to do shit else.... so I’m just gonna sit here listen to this album for like 60 hours straight and force it to grow on me... I’m too depressed to do anything else so fucc it... expect a thorough ass review...

I’m taking it back to the days when you could only buy an album every few months so you were stuck with it till it would eventually grow on you... I’m going back to that
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2019, 11:41:45 AM »
hiphopdx checkd it: https://hiphopdx.com/reviews/id.3478/title.review-nas-the-lost-tapes-2-doesnt-match-the-ogs-euphoria

I knew they’d say that... just keep shoving it down your throat... the ears will adjust a bit more after each listen... it’s a grower...

It is different it’s a lot of free association rhymes without themes and concepts like the first lost tapes... but you can still get lost in it and zone out to the wordplay and the stream of conscious

Some good ones....

7/10 “Adult Film” is dope...hypnotic, feeling the piano and repetition

8.5/10 “War Against Love” feel good track — ...went from a Christ nicca to an Allah nicca 8)

6/10 “The Art of It”  Dope, nice rhymes, feel good, but nothing spectacular

8/10 “Queens Wolf” vintage Lost Tapes style joint all the folks complainin it ain’t enough like Lost Tapes 1 this track could’ve been on the first Lost Tapes

9/10 “You Mean the World To Me” — I love this one maybe my favorite only problem it’s old I remember bumping it on some Nas unreleased stuff some years ago and the tracks to short but Nas revs shit up like a race car cipherin round the track on some cool shit  8)

7.5/10 “Beautiful Life” — track would’ve fit well on his Life Is Good album, quality track Nas fans should enjoy

6.5/10 “No Bad Energy” — Nas supplicatin comin almost on like a spiritual tip it’s like a prayer, dope track it just doesn’t bang but still ill

7/10 “Jareau of Rap” interesting track kind of like jazz or orchestra type shit it’s pretty smooth kind of reminds me of that single he did with his dad back in the day on Streets Disciple, won’t blow you away though

6.5 “Tanasia” interesting track, kind of like an East Coast version of Snoop’s “Shes In Love With A Thug” from the Top Dogg album though not as dope

8/10 “Royalty” - another feel good track but kind of for the ladies, Nas sounds a bit hypocritical telling ladies to “close their legs” and then spending most of his career bragging about bitches he fuccs but it’s all good I mean he has a daughter and people are monoliths we experience a myriad of contrasting emotions and ideas.  It’s a bit like an underground version of that single from “God’s Son” — “I Can”
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 01:02:05 PM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »

Blood$

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2019, 01:41:13 PM »
1. No Bad Energy
Produced by Swizz Beatz

2. Vernon Family
Produced by Pharrell

4. Lost Freestyle
Produced by Statik Selektah

5. Tanasia
Produced by RZA

9. War Against Love
Produced by DJ Dahi & DJ Khalil

10. The Art of It (feat. J. Myers)
Produced by Pete Rock

11. Highly Favored
Produced by RZA

12. Queens Wolf
Produced by DJ Toomp

13. It Never Ends
Produced by The Alchemist

14. You Mean The World to Me
Produced by Kanye West

15. Queens Bridge Politics
Produced by Pete Rock

16. Beautiful Life (feat. RaVaughn)
Produced by No I.D.

All these joints are solid 4/5 ratings for me, the bolded being my favorites  8)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2019, 10:20:16 PM »
Nas does it again, another classic  8)

True story.  Album actually relieved my depression.  After like a 24 hour listening period I’m cured.   First great new album I’ve heard in rap since Dre’s Compton.  I was beginning to think my only hope was digging into old music

Okka

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2019, 10:52:00 PM »
"No Bad Energy" 8)

doggfather

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2019, 02:45:18 AM »
dl, listened the first half, and deleted...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Okka

Re: Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2019, 01:32:43 PM »
What's up with hard copies?

HighEyeCue