Author Topic: Tyson Vs. Lewis (Part 2)  (Read 772 times)

Sikotic™

Re: Tyson Vs. Lewis (Part 2)
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2002, 12:46:27 PM »

naw im not arguin about that, it was a clean fight. Im just saying, that people ordered this fight jus for "shock value". Because they thought there was a chance Tyson would flip, or a chance to see sumthing crazy. So if Tyson brings this peaceful, loving, attitude...not as many people will be interested in the second fight(especially seeing how he got his ass whooped in the first fight). If he showcased sum real skills, and came out ontop...then maybe. But in boxing, nobodies interested in watching a gracious "loser" lol. He even said, "everything i said about Lennox was to promote the fight". It worked, and was needed.

Yeah I agree with that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2002, 04:33:28 PM »
man imagine if tyson woulda be like OG tyson against lewis on saturday, lewis woulda been knocked the fuck out
but yeah i'd be willing to see a part 2 of this match up it'll be tight

ToNe1904

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2002, 05:12:01 PM »
man imagine if tyson woulda be like OG tyson against lewis on saturday, lewis woulda been knocked the fuck out

Tyson is obviously not in his prime. But remember, tha "old" Tyson used to beat people before they even got in the ring. 80% of his fights were won before tha fight started. People let themselves be afraid of him, and uncontrolled fear in the ring....means a loss. Lewis and Holyfield just werent afraid of him, and i honestly dont think either would have been when Tyson was in his prime. So whether Tyson "would have" won or not, is hard to say. It woulda been close. He prolly wouldnt have been DOMINATED like he has been, but i think he still woulda lost (at least to Holyfield, who was better back then also). Styles really make tha fights for sure. And Tyson has alwayz had problems with bigger fighters with long reach (Lewis). Its a shame that the heavyweight division is so wack now. I mean, theres basically 3 fighters lol. Tyson, Lewis, Holyfield. Other then that, NO ONE will draw a big money fight. Fukit, im waitin for mah boy "Suga" Shane tah come back!  ;)

EastsideLBC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2002, 09:14:04 PM »
Yea...I would like to see a Tyson-Lewis II but I dont know if it will happen!! Tyson has done said that all tha shit he said bout Lewis he didnt mean he was just promotin tha fight! So if they have Lewis-Tyson II and Tyson talks shit bout Lewis again peeps are gonna know that its all a act and that he is just promotin tha fight again!!

I think that another Holyfield-Tyson fight would most def. bring in some big ass bank!! Peeps know that Tyson hates Holyfield and their has been alot of drama go on in tha ring between them!!

IMO I think that Lewis will fight Holyfield cuz Holyfield has been talkin shit sayin he is tha best fighter of this era and shit, so Lewis is gonna want to prove somethin to him!! If Lewis beats Holyfield, then I think he will retire as champ!! If Tyson fights again I think it will be a Tyson-Holyfield fight instead of Lewis-Tyson!!!

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2002, 03:11:18 AM »

You gotta remember Lewis is older than Tyson too, it was a fair fight, there's no excuses for why Tyson lost except for Lewis was the better fighter. And like the homie said above, Tyson's opponents back in the day feared Tyson and that fucked up their performances. Tyson is a great fighter, but Lewis just wasn't scared, he went in there with his eyes open, totally ready and he totally deserved that win.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

ToNe1904

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2002, 05:49:27 AM »
>= link=board=spentertain;num=1023750109;start=0#19 date=06/13/02 at 08:11:18]

You gotta remember Lewis is older than Tyson too, it was a fair fight, there's no excuses for why Tyson lost except for Lewis was the better fighter. And like the homie said above, Tyson's opponents back in the day feared Tyson and that fucked up their performances. Tyson is a great fighter, but Lewis just wasn't scared, he went in there with his eyes open, totally ready and he totally deserved that win.

^^^yup!!

Both men were healthy. Theres no excuses. Tyson saying he needed 2 more fights before Lewis, was bullshit. Lewis is the champion, its OTHER fighters job to take HIM out. Not his job to take THEM out. So if they aint ready, thats their fault. Maybe if Tyson wasnt fighting bullshit fights the last few years (other then being beatin by holyfield twice) he mighta been ready. But regardless, he'da got his ass whooped. so fukit lol

Proc pka KP

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2021, 03:22:16 AM »
There may be one just because Tyson was such a good sport after the fight, but it won't draw as many people. Tyson fights still may be a PPV draw but not as much as it used to be.

Eat a dicc faggot. Tyson and Lewis have discussed an exhibition fight about Lewis fights Bowe.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2021, 11:40:29 AM »
I heard when they signed on originally it was supposed to be a 2 fight deal... Tyson got his ass whipped so bad it was demoralizing... so it never happened.  Tyson is my all time favorite boxer and favorite athlete (after Jordan) but I have to give props to Lewis, under Emmanuel Stewart - Lewis became damn near invincible and impossible to overcome
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Proc pka KP

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2021, 04:01:26 PM »
Looks like it was all talk. No Tyson Lewis in September. Like Holyfield, Lewis seems to be looking for a different opponent.