Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - I WANNA THANK ME (Official Discussion)  (Read 27324 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re: SNOOP DOGG - I WANNA THANK ME (NEW ALBUM 8/16)
« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2019, 07:20:04 AM »
Although today we are able to switch things around and decide what we like off an album, I still believe that If I have to do my own playlist off your album, it means that you cannot put an album together anymore. Snoop got a full project with Dave East and unreleased songs with legends like MJ, but still manage to put out mixed bags.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #151 on: August 16, 2019, 09:57:49 AM »
I feel like this album has better singles than Neva Left but Neva Left is more cohesive because it had less tracks and filler. But Snoop sounds invigorated on this. Best lyrically since BCT on these last 2 albums

dan9700

« Reply #152 on: August 16, 2019, 11:52:38 AM »
3 good songs for me out of 22, pathetic how anyone can call this a good album is mad

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2019, 11:59:00 AM »
1. What U Talkin’ Bout - 8/10 THE DOGG IS BACC! What a strong way to start the album. You gotta turn this one up, Beat slaps and Snoop is aggressive

2. So Misinformed 9/10 Glad to see a dope feature like this. Snoop and Slick Rick with a Bob Marley sample? Would be very sad if this song was bad, luckily its not bad, not bad at all. In fact it gets better every time I listen to it. The guitar on here is sicck as fuck. Strong production. I just wish we actually got a verse from Slick Rick.

3. Let Bygones Be Bygones - 9.5/10 Very impactful track. Just what he's talking about on this song will make you feel this track. Snoop reminiscing on Death Row days and his relationship with Suge Knight. Has that OG G-Funk sound to it with the synths and the pitch change, Piano.

4. One Blood, One Cuzz 10/10 Probably my favorite track on the album. Has that OG Snoop sound to it. Makes me want to bust a nut to this shit. This track definitely makes me cum in my pants every time. Shit just slaps so fucking hard. If the album had all tracks on this caliber we'd have another classic but we just have to be thankful Snoop still gives us tracks on this level. THANK YOU BATTLECAT!!!! BC POWDA A LEGEND!!!!

5. Countdown 9.5/10 - MORE G FUNK SHIT. At this point in the album IM THRILLED, If it only carried itself the rest of the way at this pace. Beat is a banger and Snoop is invigorated on this. I believe Snoop has it in him to make another classic if he had the right people behind him.

6. I C Your Bullshit - 4/10 First major disappointment just not feeling this one too much right now but I wouldnt be surprised if this one was a grower

7. Turn Me On f. Chris Brown 7/10 A nice upbeat track for the clubs and the radio, Chris Brown does his job on this track and so does Snoop. Think along the lines of "Beautiful"

8. Blue Face Hunnids 5/10 - Expected more from a Mustard beat but I guess its ok. YG is forgettable, Another skippable track

9. New Booty 6.5/10 - not a bad track just a bit forgettable

10. Take Me Away 8/10 - SOLID KUSH SMOKING SONG, ILL BE SPARKING UP TO THIS ONE FOR YEARS TO COME, NICE HYPNOTIC MELODIC BEAT

11. Do It When I’m In It 6.5/10 Another upbeat track meant for the clubs and radio. Not a bad effort but not the Snoop most people are looking for. Beat can get a bit repetitive.

12. First Place 9/10 One of the better tracks on the album. Beat is so dope. Old school Hollywood type shit. The strings and the Saxophone ohhhh man this is nice. Frank Sinatra feat Snoop Doggy Dogg shit. In fact it would have been dope if there were some Sinatra vocals on this. I'll be cruising through Hollywood blowing big dank to this. This should have been on the Once Upon a Time in Hollywood soundtrack.

13. Focused 8/10 Beat is not my favorite but Snoop rips the fuck out of this track and brings the rating higher. Beat might be a grower

14. Rise To the Top 5/10 Swizz beats ruins this shit that fucking tool

15. Wintertime in June  8.5/10 not the usual nate dogg classic we're accustomed to but still like a breath of fresh air to hear new Nate vocals

16. Doo Wop Thank Me  - 10/10 this shit is dope as fuck lol love this old school sam cooke like doo wop

17. Main Phone - 7/10 this beat is actually pretty funky, some bay area shit, he should have had e-40 and too short on this one.

18. Do You Like I Do - 5.5/10 lol this is some boyz ii men mo town philly shit, throwback beat, 90s heads will appreciate this one even if its not your favorite

19. I’ve Been Looking For You 9/10 - This track is so smooth, beat is on point and so is Snoop. One of my favorites on the album. Great track to blaze one to. Lake show reference.

20. Little Square UBitchU - 5/10 lol Snoop is funny man, all the voices he does and different characters, ill admit though this is one of the weakest tracks on the album, could have easily been left off but its a dance track, i see what hes trying to do here

21. Ventalation - 6/10 this track actually isnt bad dont know why people were hating on this track, yeah the other dudes on the track arent anything special but Snoop brings it and the beat is cool

22. I Wanna Thank Me  - 7.5/10 Solid Snoop, strong way to close out the album. The organ on this beat is so dope

Overall I'm very happy with this album. This is better than half of Snoop's albums and to get it this late in his career is a true gift and a blessing.

I'd put it around R&G level maybe even better if it gets better with time. Not as good as Blue Carpet Treatment for sure, a step behind.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

dan9700

« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2019, 12:02:34 PM »
are you listening to the same album, wow you rated some songs high that are trash

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #155 on: August 16, 2019, 12:41:16 PM »
are you listening to the same album, wow you rated some songs high that are trash

It’s called an opinion pal. You can think it’s trash and I can think it’s gold and we can still be talking about the same album. I’ve learned to appreciate new music instead of expecting another doggystyle or last meal. I remember I dismissed Compton after giving it a quick spin. I tried listening again this year and actually enjoyed it for what it is.

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #156 on: August 16, 2019, 12:56:34 PM »
Just listened to the album as well, don't know how to feel yet. Feels like another bag of standout tracks mixed with some below average tracks as usual. He's got the talent, feel, musical knowledge and love for music to still put out some great work, but some of his stuff just feels half-assed sometimes, which it basically is. I know he's doing a hundred things at the same time and doing his own thing with his music, but I can't help but wonder what a properly produced Snoop project, maybe following a theme for once, with a steady and solid production team could sound like.

However I'm glad he didn't put old ass songs on there, at least from what I know, like he did with some previous albums, such as "Neva Left" or "Malice N Wonderland". He still got the voice and flow to ride the beats, so I won't stop checking out for his music. Knowing he still got it, if he wants to, makes it harder to except some of the weak stuff he seemingly enjoys doing and listening to. Will give it another spin tomorrow. Usually albums really start growing on me with the 2nd or 3rd listen. Already a good sign that I can name a few songs that I instantly liked.

By the way: Is it just me or do his vocals sound kinda strange, more like heavily compressed, on that "I Wanna Thank Me" track? That's a shame since I love that track overall.

SuperSpider

« Reply #157 on: August 16, 2019, 12:57:06 PM »

You've got 23 comments altogether on this forum and the majority of them are you calling different artists ''trash and garbage'', I think you might just be a hater  8) 8)

dan9700

« Reply #158 on: August 16, 2019, 12:59:56 PM »
nah I just want old school west coast sound back, how is Dre day warren g not on the album, snoop should make this album for true fans not for kids now days, my anger is I dont post a lot but when albums drop like this im not hating im being honest, I just want good classics back, the fact so many people think the album isn't good says something

Jay_J

« Reply #159 on: August 16, 2019, 02:09:21 PM »
nah I just want old school west coast sound back, how is Dre day warren g not on the album, snoop should make this album for true fans not for kids now days, my anger is I dont post a lot but when albums drop like this im not hating im being honest, I just want good classics back, the fact so many people think the album isn't good says something

name an album sounds more old school west coast than this in last 10 years please.

Sccit

« Reply #160 on: August 16, 2019, 02:10:18 PM »

name an album sounds more old school west coast than this in last 10 years please.

there are many, especially comin outa norcal.. but 7 dayz of funk is one comin from snoop himself

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #161 on: August 16, 2019, 02:13:23 PM »

You haven’t even heard the full album

there are many, especially comin outa norcal.. but 7 dayz of funk is one comin from snoop himself

Sccit

« Reply #162 on: August 16, 2019, 02:29:47 PM »
^i have a hard time imagining this has more of an old school sound than 7 dayz of funk based on what i’ve heard

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #163 on: August 16, 2019, 03:09:41 PM »
^i have a hard time imagining this has more of an old school sound than 7 dayz of funk based on what i’ve heard

That’s your problem mufucka. Stop imagining and just listen to the damn album

Sccit

« Reply #164 on: August 16, 2019, 03:20:30 PM »

That’s your problem mufucka. Stop imagining and just listen to the damn album

why won’t u be genuine tho?

u know this doesn’t have as old school a sound as 7 dayz

smh