Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - I WANNA THANK ME (Official Discussion)  (Read 27322 times)

Okka

Re: SNOOP DOGG - I WANNA THANK ME (NEW ALBUM 8/16)
« Reply #195 on: August 17, 2019, 02:54:33 PM »
Let's stick to talkin' about the album.

JeremyM

« Reply #196 on: August 17, 2019, 04:47:33 PM »
I like the album quite a bit, and hoping we can buy a CD version soon.

Sccit

« Reply #197 on: August 17, 2019, 07:39:00 PM »

nima says hard copies is comin 2-3 weeks wit vinyl comin shortly after

The following users thanked this post: JeremyM

dan9700

« Reply #198 on: August 18, 2019, 03:49:03 AM »
For the people that like the album, what exactly do you like

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #199 on: August 18, 2019, 08:33:15 AM »
Forum is for decent debates, no need for the childish insults and abuse, if you don't like the album, that's fine, no need to insult people that do enjoy it.

Album been on repeat in my car since yesterday.

What u talkin about, Countdown, One blood, One Cuz, I wanna thank me, Let bygones be bygones, Winter in June, Focused are all proper Westcoast sounding bangers.

Whole album was overseen/produced by Battlecat, don't think it can get more Westcoast than that!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 08:38:05 AM by geezy »
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

The following users thanked this post: JeremyM

dj coma

« Reply #200 on: August 18, 2019, 09:38:33 AM »
Need to give it a full listen but after skimming through it I wasn’t impressed with the album as a whole. There’s a handful of tracks I liked though which I will bump, which is basically par for the course for most recent Snoop albums for me. Not sure why Snoop chose to auto tune his vocals on the Nate Dogg song. I’m not opposed to auto tune but that song had a dope 60’s soul vibe that is killed by the auto tune when Snoop comes on.

Klue

« Reply #201 on: August 18, 2019, 09:58:09 AM »
ok thats souds like a good snoop album.

TRAX (SFV)

« Reply #202 on: August 18, 2019, 11:35:49 AM »
I like about half of it, some cool old school stuff on there.  But 75 mins? Damn.  Seems like a lot of filler and all over the place.
YOU CAN PIMP ME BITCH....WHEN THEY MAKE DILDOS OUTTA DAYTON SPOKES!

milkyway09

« Reply #203 on: August 18, 2019, 08:41:03 PM »

Sounds great I definitely want to buy this. Any chance Nima could give us info on if we’ll ever see hard copies of Rosecrans LP? Or MC Eiht’s upcoming album!

Jay_J

« Reply #204 on: August 19, 2019, 03:07:23 AM »
Im going to try buying a Vinyl.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #205 on: August 19, 2019, 05:24:17 AM »

Sounds great I definitely want to buy this. Any chance Nima could give us info on if we’ll ever see hard copies of Rosecrans LP? Or MC Eiht’s upcoming album!

Why would he do that?!!

Sccit

« Reply #206 on: August 19, 2019, 07:51:51 AM »

nima only knows about stuff released through the label he works for, empire distribution

dnjp4life

« Reply #207 on: August 19, 2019, 01:16:20 PM »
In response to a previous reply that suggested that Snoop can put out what he wants, when he wants - of course that is true, no one is arguing against that.  But at the end of the day this is a forum where we offer opinions and critique albums all the time, so everyone will want or wish for an album from a particular artist to sound a certain way, more out of hope or expectation, I suppose.

And about artists checking out this forum, you would be surprised.  A couple of years ago there was that Tha Doggfather 20th Anniversary compilation that featured some rough drafts and extra tracks recorded around the time that didn't make the cut.  The compilation would not have circulated much beyond this forum and maybe a couple of others.  The main track that everyone was feeling on there was the Battlecat remix to 'The Vapors', and many people here left replies saying how it was the best of the bunch.  And guess which 20+ year old track then appeared on Snoop's next album Neva Left?  Coincidence?

But on the subject of The Vapors remix, I find it funny that the mp3 version that dropped with the compilation is infinitely better than the track that ended up on the album in terms of sound quality.

dan9700

« Reply #208 on: August 19, 2019, 02:22:38 PM »
I have started listening to his last proper album Neva Left and forgot what a classic snoop sound it was, with a great flow which this new album lacks, its like night and day, I wish snoop made an album like Neva Left, I just can't listen to the new album its all over the place

Sccit

« Reply #209 on: August 19, 2019, 03:09:04 PM »
I have started listening to his last proper album Neva Left and forgot what a classic snoop sound it was, with a great flow which this new album lacks, its like night and day, I wish snoop made an album like Neva Left, I just can't listen to the new album its all over the place

now u just smokin crack