Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - I WANNA THANK ME (Official Discussion)  (Read 27306 times)

Okka

Re: SNOOP DOGG - I WANNA THANK ME (NEW ALBUM 8/16)
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2019, 12:34:08 PM »
Snoop has a song with Chris Brown on the album and apparently Chris Brown shared a snippet of it on his Instagram, but deleted it.

I found it from Youtube though.

https://genius.com/Snoop-dogg-open-to-it-lyrics

Yeah, my exceptations for the album just lowered a lot.

Sccit

« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2019, 12:44:26 PM »
Another "the last meal" vibe is coming. Reminds me true lies and bring it on.

this is the beat i saw battlecat make on live

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2019, 08:57:18 AM »
I felt the mixing could have been a bit more polished on the album as well.

I like Neva Left, it was his first good album in years, but paradoxically it felt really low budget.  Snoop albums always had this sound like they were the biggest rap album of the year (I'm not saying "best"), but lately his work has sounded really unpolished.  It's weird, because he has enough money still to make really "big" albums.  A lot of this stuff sounds like rough drafts or proofs of concept rather than actual real songs.  Go listen to R&G or Blue Carpet Treatment or even the one after that when he started falling off and there was consistently this big budget studio album feel that isn't there anymore.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Sccit

« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2019, 10:08:02 AM »

I like Neva Left, it was his first good album in years, but paradoxically it felt really low budget.  Snoop albums always had this sound like they were the biggest rap album of the year (I'm not saying "best"), but lately his work has sounded really unpolished.  It's weird, because he has enough money still to make really "big" albums.  A lot of this stuff sounds like rough drafts or proofs of concept rather than actual real songs.  Go listen to R&G or Blue Carpet Treatment or even the one after that when he started falling off and there was consistently this big budget studio album feel that isn't there anymore.

actually coolaid was better than neva left .. and that had the big budget feel u talkin bout

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2019, 11:07:13 AM »

actually coolaid was better than neva left .. and that had the big budget feel u talkin bout

It didnt not, last Snoop album with the Big Budget was Bible Of Love and Bush.. the rest felt like mixtapes

Okka

« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2019, 11:40:06 AM »
"Coolaid" was good, but "Neva Left" was better.

Sccit

« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2019, 11:52:14 AM »

i disagree

coolaid had some legit classic joints on there

Sccit

« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2019, 11:52:50 AM »

It didnt not, last Snoop album with the Big Budget was Bible Of Love and Bush.. the rest felt like mixtapes

what song off coolaid sounded low budget to u?

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2019, 12:00:25 PM »

songs quality was okay but as a whole it felt like a mixed bag.. no replay value. some songs were good. but as a whole it felt like a mixtape

Sccit

« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2019, 12:01:55 PM »

songs quality was okay but as a whole it felt like a mixed bag.. no replay value. some songs were good. but as a whole it felt like a mixtape

neva left gave me that feel, but not coolaid

Okka

« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2019, 12:50:00 PM »

i disagree

It was a dope album, but "Neva Left" was more cohesive and had a West Coast sound to it. I think I'll give both a spin tomorrow.

Sccit

« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2019, 01:32:23 PM »

i disagree

It was a dope album, but "Neva Left" was more cohesive and had a West Coast sound to it. I think I'll give both a spin tomorrow.

really? i didn’t feel like neva left was cohesive at all .. felt more like a compilation tbh

D-TalkX

« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2019, 02:24:51 PM »
I'll take a weak Snoop album over any other rapper these days. I'm glad he still puts music out, haters can go without.

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2019, 04:39:57 PM »
I'll take a weak Snoop album over any other rapper these days. I'm glad he still puts music out, haters can go without.

I feel dat

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New