Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - I WANNA THANK ME (Official Discussion)  (Read 10310 times)

Okka

Re: SNOOP DOGG - I WANNA THANK ME (NEW ALBUM 8/16)
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2019, 12:34:08 PM »
Snoop has a song with Chris Brown on the album and apparently Chris Brown shared a snippet of it on his Instagram, but deleted it.

I found it from Youtube though.

https://genius.com/Snoop-dogg-open-to-it-lyrics

Yeah, my exceptations for the album just lowered a lot.

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2019, 12:44:26 PM »
Another "the last meal" vibe is coming. Reminds me true lies and bring it on.

this is the beat i saw battlecat make on live

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2019, 08:57:18 AM »
I felt the mixing could have been a bit more polished on the album as well.

I like Neva Left, it was his first good album in years, but paradoxically it felt really low budget.  Snoop albums always had this sound like they were the biggest rap album of the year (I'm not saying "best"), but lately his work has sounded really unpolished.  It's weird, because he has enough money still to make really "big" albums.  A lot of this stuff sounds like rough drafts or proofs of concept rather than actual real songs.  Go listen to R&G or Blue Carpet Treatment or even the one after that when he started falling off and there was consistently this big budget studio album feel that isn't there anymore.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2019, 10:08:02 AM »

I like Neva Left, it was his first good album in years, but paradoxically it felt really low budget.  Snoop albums always had this sound like they were the biggest rap album of the year (I'm not saying "best"), but lately his work has sounded really unpolished.  It's weird, because he has enough money still to make really "big" albums.  A lot of this stuff sounds like rough drafts or proofs of concept rather than actual real songs.  Go listen to R&G or Blue Carpet Treatment or even the one after that when he started falling off and there was consistently this big budget studio album feel that isn't there anymore.

actually coolaid was better than neva left .. and that had the big budget feel u talkin bout

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2019, 11:07:13 AM »

actually coolaid was better than neva left .. and that had the big budget feel u talkin bout

It didnt not, last Snoop album with the Big Budget was Bible Of Love and Bush.. the rest felt like mixtapes

Okka

« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2019, 11:40:06 AM »
"Coolaid" was good, but "Neva Left" was better.

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2019, 11:52:14 AM »

i disagree

coolaid had some legit classic joints on there

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2019, 11:52:50 AM »

It didnt not, last Snoop album with the Big Budget was Bible Of Love and Bush.. the rest felt like mixtapes

what song off coolaid sounded low budget to u?

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2019, 12:00:25 PM »

songs quality was okay but as a whole it felt like a mixed bag.. no replay value. some songs were good. but as a whole it felt like a mixtape

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2019, 12:01:55 PM »

songs quality was okay but as a whole it felt like a mixed bag.. no replay value. some songs were good. but as a whole it felt like a mixtape

neva left gave me that feel, but not coolaid

Okka

« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2019, 12:50:00 PM »

i disagree

It was a dope album, but "Neva Left" was more cohesive and had a West Coast sound to it. I think I'll give both a spin tomorrow.

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2019, 01:32:23 PM »

i disagree

It was a dope album, but "Neva Left" was more cohesive and had a West Coast sound to it. I think I'll give both a spin tomorrow.

really? i didnít feel like neva left was cohesive at all .. felt more like a compilation tbh

D-TalkX

« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2019, 02:24:51 PM »
I'll take a weak Snoop album over any other rapper these days. I'm glad he still puts music out, haters can go without.

Duck Duck Doggy

« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2019, 04:39:57 PM »
I'll take a weak Snoop album over any other rapper these days. I'm glad he still puts music out, haters can go without.

I feel dat

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Time For Sumthin New

Okka

« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2019, 03:15:00 AM »
Slick Rick feature? That's dope. Snoop finally over a DJ Mustard beat? I can't wait to hear that song. I see the song with Chris Brown ended up on this. Why do I have a feelin' that this album is gonna be about 50% of dope music and the rest is gonna be soundin' similar to everything that comes out these days in 2019?

Here's the song with Rick Rock.

https://www83.zippyshare.com/v/MxRLQV8R/file.html

Okka

« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2019, 10:11:52 AM »

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2019, 10:29:43 AM »
Slick Rick feature? That's dope. Snoop finally over a DJ Mustard beat? I can't wait to hear that song. I see the song with Chris Brown ended up on this. Why do I have a feelin' that this album is gonna be about 50% of dope music and the rest is gonna be soundin' similar to everything that comes out these days in 2019?

Here's the song with Rick Rock.

https://www83.zippyshare.com/v/MxRLQV8R/file.html

typical

snoop doesnít wana give us another classic

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2019, 10:31:50 AM »
This guy Snoop really dont give a shit at this point, the content does not match the album title. lots of fillers, with a few cool joints. Atleast have Dr.Dre mixing this shit... another mixed bag

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2019, 11:18:30 AM »

this is awful

if snoops guna go back n time, he might as well travel to 1993-2001... not 2005-2010

smh

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2019, 11:27:24 AM »
Is it so hard to sit down with your mentor and create something worth listening to? you got 1500 or Nothin, Fredwreck, Terrace Martin and Dr.Dre on your side and you are unable to put together a great album? Even the writing is weird,Get Soopafly & DOC... Sad if you ask me.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 11:30:32 AM by .:Hercy Buggz:. »

Cey_Cey

« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2019, 11:42:51 AM »
Is it so hard to sit down with your mentor and create something worth listening to? you got 1500 or Nothin, Fredwreck, Terrace Martin and Dr.Dre on your side and you are unable to put together a great album? Even the writing is weird,Get Soopafly & DOC... Sad if you ask me.

Sorry but its not good time to work with dre. Even Eminem, Kendrick and Paak not taking any Dre beats anymore.

Snoop has Bc and Fred on the album. I wish there would be Meech and Jelly Roll too.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2019, 11:47:29 AM »

Sorry but its not good time to work with dre. Even Eminem, Kendrick and Paak not taking any Dre beats anymore.

Snoop has Bc and Fred on the album. I wish there would be Meech and Jelly Roll too.

No Dr.Dre beat is needed for him to be involved. Its the guidance that is needed from him. Paak's last project got no Dre beats but is very polished. as for the Fredwreck production, its a BUSH leftover. Battlecat also has a filler on the album. That One Blood One Cuz, song...

Cey_Cey

« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2019, 01:53:09 PM »

No Dr.Dre beat is needed for him to be involved. Its the guidance that is needed from him. Paak's last project got no Dre beats but is very polished. as for the Fredwreck production, its a BUSH leftover. Battlecat also has a filler on the album. That One Blood One Cuz, song...

Oxnard album was guided by Dr. Dre and it was a disapointment. ın Ventura, paak told that he asked permission to do its own thing from dre. and dre said "ok you are ready to fly on your own wings, lets see what u can do"... so its very clear that paak does it better without dre's guidience. ventura was way more better than oxnard. dre is not good at guiding artists like kendrik or paak today. its a fact. oxnard and ventura proved that very clearly.

WestWestYA

« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2019, 02:17:28 PM »

Oh Snoop froggy frogg why are you gonna make another floppy flop.