Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - I WANNA THANK ME (Official Discussion)  (Read 27307 times)

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
Re: SNOOP DOGG - I WANNA THANK ME (NEW ALBUM 8/16)
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2019, 06:51:56 PM »
Lol who is this industry professional here

Jay_J

« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2019, 01:12:29 AM »
Is it so hard to sit down with your mentor and create something worth listening to? you got 1500 or Nothin, Fredwreck, Terrace Martin and Dr.Dre on your side and you are unable to put together a great album? Even the writing is weird,Get Soopafly & DOC... Sad if you ask me.

Sorry but its not good time to work with dre. Even Eminem, Kendrick and Paak not taking any Dre beats anymore.

Snoop has Bc and Fred on the album. I wish there would be Meech and Jelly Roll too.

You're moronic as well. You say it isn't a good time to work with Dre but offer no reasoning.

Honestly, does anyone know anything about the industry on this forum? Beats aren't everything. Artists work to improve themselves, do what makes them happy, and work with whoever the fuck they want. If Snoop put The Spice Girls, Sheryl Crow & William fucking Shatter on the album it would be because he wanted to. The days of an artist bursting their arse to be relevant and sell records are long gone. People are cummimg in their pants at the fucking dregs of talent. What's the point?

Especially for an artist like Snoop who is near30 years in the business. They do it because they enjoy it. They'll do what they like when they like. But no, people on here expect things from artists because theyre stuck in the past and want a new album so they can wank themselves stupid to memories.

Anyway the point of this was in regards to your post that you made about the Nate feature and complained no one cared because they never replied to you within a few hours. What you want people to praise and thank you for a bit of info? It's no wonder I hear artist laugh about posters on this forum.

Sad.

Dont forget to write my name with Bold Big Letters to your suicide note, ok? I will be honored :)

Jay_J

« Reply #107 on: August 14, 2019, 01:47:00 AM »
Is it so hard to sit down with your mentor and create something worth listening to? you got 1500 or Nothin, Fredwreck, Terrace Martin and Dr.Dre on your side and you are unable to put together a great album? Even the writing is weird,Get Soopafly & DOC... Sad if you ask me.

Sorry but its not good time to work with dre. Even Eminem, Kendrick and Paak not taking any Dre beats anymore.

Snoop has Bc and Fred on the album. I wish there would be Meech and Jelly Roll too.

No Dr.Dre beat is needed for him to be involved. Its the guidance that is needed from him. Paak's last project got no Dre beats but is very polished. as for the Fredwreck production, its a BUSH leftover. Battlecat also has a filler on the album. That One Blood One Cuz, song...

Oxnard album was guided by Dr. Dre and it was a disapointment. ın Ventura, paak told that he asked permission to do its own thing from dre. and dre said "ok you are ready to fly on your own wings, lets see what u can do"... so its very clear that paak does it better without dre's guidience. ventura was way more better than oxnard. dre is not good at guiding artists like kendrik or paak today. its a fact. oxnard and ventura proved that very clearly.

u half right

dre wanted a rap album from paak, which resulted in oxnard .. he still oversaw and mixed ventura, so you’re off on that front. but for an wrist like jayo, dre would be ideal.

When we first listened to Oxnard, me and my friends were all agreed on how much dre limited paak's potential. Normally what dre does is to boost potential of an artist. It didnt work with Oxnard and Paak. So just in a year Paak asked dre to put another album with his own decisions. And ventura came out. Result shows us Dre and Paak are not suitable to each other musically.

If you talk about business, alright dre is a monster about it. He is even the best business man in musicians world.

What i mean is musical. Yes dre is still the best on board and mixing mastering. But he is no longer succesful on guiding Em, Kendrick, Paak in musically. Relapse was really good album but it was already out of age for that moment. So Em looked for something new and different. Dre couldnt make that change possible for him so Em went to new producers like boi-1da, rick rubin...

For snoop, im not sure if dre would be a good choice to make beats make music and executive produce the album in 2019. Dre needs another challange for his career. Compton was good but just good, it was not enough and it wasnt sucesful. Kendrick and Em are absolutely refusing dre beats, its a fact, Oxnard was also a challange for dre and he fucked it up one more time. He needs to decide now, he will go an taking photos with artists like they are tourists and dre is a holly statue or he will change the game again with a solo and rest will follow his lead next 10 years.

Im a huge Dre fan. No offence please.

Lucifuge

« Reply #108 on: August 14, 2019, 03:48:14 AM »
Snoops last dope album was blue carpet, and gues what, dres is heavily involved in that project.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Sccit

« Reply #109 on: August 14, 2019, 04:38:19 AM »

No Dr.Dre beat is needed for him to be involved. Its the guidance that is needed from him. Paak's last project got no Dre beats but is very polished. as for the Fredwreck production, its a BUSH leftover. Battlecat also has a filler on the album. That One Blood One Cuz, song...

Oxnard album was guided by Dr. Dre and it was a disapointment. ın Ventura, paak told that he asked permission to do its own thing from dre. and dre said "ok you are ready to fly on your own wings, lets see what u can do"... so its very clear that paak does it better without dre's guidience. ventura was way more better than oxnard. dre is not good at guiding artists like kendrik or paak today. its a fact. oxnard and ventura proved that very clearly.

u half right

dre wanted a rap album from paak, which resulted in oxnard .. he still oversaw and mixed ventura, so you’re off on that front. but for an wrist like jayo, dre would be ideal.

When we first listened to Oxnard, me and my friends were all agreed on how much dre limited paak's potential. Normally what dre does is to boost potential of an artist. It didnt work with Oxnard and Paak. So just in a year Paak asked dre to put another album with his own decisions. And ventura came out. Result shows us Dre and Paak are not suitable to each other musically.

If you talk about business, alright dre is a monster about it. He is even the best business man in musicians world.

What i mean is musical. Yes dre is still the best on board and mixing mastering. But he is no longer succesful on guiding Em, Kendrick, Paak in musically. Relapse was really good album but it was already out of age for that moment. So Em looked for something new and different. Dre couldnt make that change possible for him so Em went to new producers like boi-1da, rick rubin...

For snoop, im not sure if dre would be a good choice to make beats make music and executive produce the album in 2019. Dre needs another challange for his career. Compton was good but just good, it was not enough and it wasnt sucesful. Kendrick and Em are absolutely refusing dre beats, its a fact, Oxnard was also a challange for dre and he fucked it up one more time. He needs to decide now, he will go an taking photos with artists like they are tourists and dre is a holly statue or he will change the game again with a solo and rest will follow his lead next 10 years.

Im a huge Dre fan. No offence please.

it was already agreed upon beforehand that paak would put out 2 albums that year.. one rap album and one traditional soul album. naturally, the soul album was better.

as for kendrick, theres a reason he doesn’t have a chronic, doggystyle, or even mmlp to his name. its due to his insistence on doin albums with his own crew. and dre is still behind the boards mixing and overseeing, he simply isnt as hands on as he was in his prime.

i actually think if kendrick submitted to dre and allowed him to guide him 100%, we would get that definitive classic that’s missing from his catalogue.

eminem is a terrible example .. it’s pretty much universally accepted that eminem fell off big time once he left dre’s corner.

as for compton, the music itself was phenomenal.. the problem wit compton is that it was never promoted. it still went platinum off dre’s name alone, but they never even so much as filmed a music video from that album .. and that was the project that pretty much launched paak, so as much as dre treated it like a side project for the movie, it’ll always have that.

bottom line, has dre fallen back? of course.. is he incapable of leading the way? absolutely not.

Jay_J

« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2019, 11:48:11 AM »
You disagree everything i said but accept dre fell off :) science and math dont accept that :)

Sccit

« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2019, 12:48:53 PM »
You disagree everything i said but accept dre fell off :) science and math dont accept that :)

dre is not in his prime, but he’s fully capable of overseeing a great project. we saw it with compton, and even tho oxnard was a disappointment, it was still a dope album overall.

heisenberg

« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2019, 02:03:32 PM »
i think its impossible to change  or revolutionize the game these days. Everything is disposable, people listen one time with bad quality (often) and looking for the next one and the next one... No time to be focus on a track or an album for weeks, its going fast. They don't listen, they want sound to play in the background.

Im pretty sure even a classic album is impossible with an impact on the culture.

sheparali

« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2019, 02:21:26 PM »
KDot, doesnt have a classic? Ridiculous. And Dre still being this HUGE influencer in regards to production? More ridiculousness. This board and holding on to daddy Dre's nuts after all these years is barf worthy. Compton was dumpter juice BTW

Sccit

« Reply #114 on: August 14, 2019, 02:48:08 PM »
KDot, doesnt have a classic? Ridiculous. And Dre still being this HUGE influencer in regards to production? More ridiculousness. This board and holding on to daddy Dre's nuts after all these years is barf worthy. Compton was dumpter juice BTW

what kendrick album is a definitive classic? if you think compton was a bad album, your opinion is worthless to me

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #115 on: August 14, 2019, 03:01:38 PM »
COMPTON is actually similar to that first Aftermath compilation. Not a bad effort but kinda forgettable. As for Kendrick, To Pimp a Butterfly is a classic HipHop masterpiece.

Sccit

« Reply #116 on: August 14, 2019, 03:42:21 PM »
COMPTON is actually similar to that first Aftermath compilation. Not a bad effort but kinda forgettable. As for Kendrick, To Pimp a Butterfly is a classic HipHop masterpiece.

most people say gkmc is a step above tpab

i disagree, but thats his classic according to those who claim he has 1

Jay_J

« Reply #117 on: August 14, 2019, 05:23:45 PM »

I agree almost all. To me aftermath compilation was better. There were memorable songs, ec wc killas, blunt time, been there done that, str8gone, nationowl, fame...

Compton was not special. Dre even pretends its someone else's album who is called dr. Dre same as him. He looks regretful to release it.

Sccit

« Reply #118 on: August 14, 2019, 06:25:55 PM »

I agree almost all. To me aftermath compilation was better. There were memorable songs, ec wc killas, blunt time, been there done that, str8gone, nationowl, fame...

Compton was not special. Dre even pretends its someone else's album who is called dr. Dre same as him. He looks regretful to release it.

lol now u just makin stuff up

it served as a soundtrack to the movie .. was pretty much a promotional tool in itself. they decided a promotional tool doesn’t need its own promo.

WestWestYA

« Reply #119 on: August 15, 2019, 02:57:17 AM »