Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - I WANNA THANK ME (Official Discussion)  (Read 27369 times)

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
Re: SNOOP DOGG - I WANNA THANK ME (NEW ALBUM 8/16)
« Reply #210 on: August 19, 2019, 04:39:39 PM »
I have started listening to his last proper album Neva Left and forgot what a classic snoop sound it was, with a great flow which this new album lacks, its like night and day, I wish snoop made an album like Neva Left, I just can't listen to the new album its all over the place

now u just smokin crack

LOL this guy might be a troll

JeremyM

« Reply #211 on: August 19, 2019, 08:37:47 PM »
I really like Neva Left, but it's obviously slapped together to a degree. I mean, isn’t the track with the Kendrick opening a Snoop Lion outtake?

Okka

« Reply #212 on: August 20, 2019, 05:07:29 AM »
I really like Neva Left, but it's obviously slapped together to a degree. I mean, isn’t the track with the Kendrick opening a Snoop Lion outtake?

Kendrick is talkin' about "Neva Left" in that song though. I just listened to it today and man I didn't even remember how much I loved it. There's no songs on it that I dislike. Goin' through "Coolaid" right now and there's a bunch of songs I don't fuck with. After this I'm listenin' to the new album a few times and I'll drop some thoughts about it.

The following users thanked this post: JeremyM

dj coma

« Reply #213 on: August 20, 2019, 11:48:39 AM »
In response to a previous reply that suggested that Snoop can put out what he wants, when he wants - of course that is true, no one is arguing against that.  But at the end of the day this is a forum where we offer opinions and critique albums all the time, so everyone will want or wish for an album from a particular artist to sound a certain way, more out of hope or expectation, I suppose.

And about artists checking out this forum, you would be surprised.  A couple of years ago there was that Tha Doggfather 20th Anniversary compilation that featured some rough drafts and extra tracks recorded around the time that didn't make the cut.  The compilation would not have circulated much beyond this forum and maybe a couple of others.  The main track that everyone was feeling on there was the Battlecat remix to 'The Vapors', and many people here left replies saying how it was the best of the bunch.  And guess which 20+ year old track then appeared on Snoop's next album Neva Left?  Coincidence?

But on the subject of The Vapors remix, I find it funny that the mp3 version that dropped with the compilation is infinitely better than the track that ended up on the album in terms of sound quality.

That compilation came from Bomb1st and that remix was uploaded to YouTube. I have a strong feeling that the version they used on that album was actually from YouTube and not from any forum, because we included a WAV rip of that remix with the project and they used a 128kbps mp3 for the album, which falls in line with YouTube audio compression.

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Sccit

« Reply #214 on: August 20, 2019, 02:16:01 PM »
In response to a previous reply that suggested that Snoop can put out what he wants, when he wants - of course that is true, no one is arguing against that.  But at the end of the day this is a forum where we offer opinions and critique albums all the time, so everyone will want or wish for an album from a particular artist to sound a certain way, more out of hope or expectation, I suppose.

And about artists checking out this forum, you would be surprised.  A couple of years ago there was that Tha Doggfather 20th Anniversary compilation that featured some rough drafts and extra tracks recorded around the time that didn't make the cut.  The compilation would not have circulated much beyond this forum and maybe a couple of others.  The main track that everyone was feeling on there was the Battlecat remix to 'The Vapors', and many people here left replies saying how it was the best of the bunch.  And guess which 20+ year old track then appeared on Snoop's next album Neva Left?  Coincidence?

But on the subject of The Vapors remix, I find it funny that the mp3 version that dropped with the compilation is infinitely better than the track that ended up on the album in terms of sound quality.

That compilation came from Bomb1st and that remix was uploaded to YouTube. I have a strong feeling that the version they used on that album was actually from YouTube and not from any forum, because we included a WAV rip of that remix with the project and they used a 128kbps mp3 for the album, which falls in line with YouTube audio compression.

typical snoop and his lack of professionalism .. the only thing that stopped him from bein the goat ala shaq

The following users thanked this post: dj coma

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #215 on: August 20, 2019, 03:10:34 PM »
Album is 👍🏽 after a few listening

Lucifuge

« Reply #216 on: August 20, 2019, 10:08:41 PM »
Album is really good, im suprised. Best snoops album in a long time.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Jay_J

JeremyM

« Reply #220 on: August 24, 2019, 08:06:44 AM »
The CD is up for preorder here, says it ships the week of September 16th:

https://iwannathankme.com/collections/everything/products/i-wanna-thank-me-cd

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

doggfather

« Reply #221 on: August 24, 2019, 12:17:14 PM »
10$? hope its aint some cdr...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #222 on: August 24, 2019, 12:20:33 PM »
10$? hope its aint some cdr...

$15 wit shipping, that’s about right

i don’t remember empire or snoop ever doing the cd-r thing

The following users thanked this post: JeremyM

dj coma

« Reply #223 on: August 24, 2019, 08:45:29 PM »

typical snoop and his lack of professionalism .. the only thing that stopped him from bein the goat ala shaq

Ya his quality control is pretty shitty.

Okka

Re: SNOOP DOGG - I WANNA THANK ME (Official Discussion)
« Reply #224 on: August 26, 2019, 11:34:09 AM »
It's a dope album, but I guess it's another mixed bag. I love "So Misinformed", "One Blood, One Cuzz", "Let Bygones Be Bygones", "First Place", "Rise To The Top", "Wintertime In June", "I Wanna Thank Me" and they're all kinda mature songs in my opinion, but then you have Snoop on that gangsta shit on some other songs. "Countdown" sounds like somethin' we've done heard a million times already in the past 20 years. "First Place" would've been the perfect song to start the album with, one of the best beats I've heard from DJ Green Lantern. Snoop talkin' about the past and goin' forward with his life. "Main Phone" and "Ventalation" are both bangers too. The song with Chris Brown is trash. I'm not really fuckin' with the Mustard song either. I had too much expectations for that one. It's not a bad song, but it's not that special either. Snoop should've worked with YG and Mustard back when "My Krazy Life" dropped. "I C Your Bullshit" is one of the worst songs I've ever heard from Snoop though. Overall, it is a good album. Gotta listen to it a bit more.