Author Topic: WTF HAPPENED 2 KING MEZ?  (Read 1391 times)

Sccit

WTF HAPPENED 2 KING MEZ?
« on: June 25, 2019, 04:36:51 AM »
After that Compton album, he was sposta have next ...... we haven’t heard shit from this dude since..  ???

i just recently found a hard copy of his album “long live the king” and its dope.

any word on mez or is he another hittman?... or worse, cuz at least hittman got a dre produced album.

what it is?

OriginalVersion

Re: WTF HAPPENED 2 KING MEZ?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 09:09:17 AM »
Looks as if King Mez is just now Mez...seems like there might've been a contractual issue. He recently dropped a video for MF + G.

+++||ORIGINAL VERSION||+++

The following users thanked this post: Sccit, dj coma

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 11:48:36 AM »
Looks as if King Mez is just now Mez...seems like there might've been a contractual issue. He recently dropped a video for MF + G.

this shits hard

damn shame i haven’t heard it til now

Aftermath213

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 07:22:01 PM »
Kinda weird how Mez, Jon Connor, and Justus all haven’t done anything significant since Compton.

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 08:22:40 PM »
Kinda weird how Mez, Jon Connor, and Justus all haven’t done anything significant since Compton.

incredibly weird

i guess paak was the chosen one

i thought mez had a perfect style to make some noise in today’s game n connor could def spit .. always thought justus was mediocre tho

SuperSpider

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 03:34:13 PM »

Yes, we've never encountered this before with past Dre proteges, have we?  ;)

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2019, 11:17:49 AM »

Blood$

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2019, 07:05:06 PM »
it's crazy cuz I saw King Mez open up for Joey Bada$$ way back in like 2012 too

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2019, 02:05:35 AM »
i guess he directs music videos now

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2020, 10:47:16 PM »

Yeah I’m pissed how Compton was released and then abandoned.  No music videos, no more press, no nothin after the release like as if it never happened—and it seems like I was the only one who felt it was up to Dre’s standard—others were calling it a letdown and it never reached the mainstream audience—then all the artists he’d developed and all the sessions (like “Back to Business”, etc) sounded like they could’ve been transferred over and been foundation for solos and other releases from the camp... but nothing
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2020, 10:59:28 PM »

Yeah I’m pissed how Compton was released and then abandoned.  No music videos, no more press, no nothin after the release like as if it never happened—and it seems like I was the only one who felt it was up to Dre’s standard—others were calling it a letdown and it never reached the mainstream audience—then all the artists he’d developed and all the sessions (like “Back to Business”, etc) sounded like they could’ve been transferred over and been foundation for solos and other releases from the camp... but nothing

you’re not alone .. compton was a classic and shoulda been treated better .. unfortunately people didn’t give it a chance when they didn’t get the dre sound they expected and dre didn’t market it enough to captivate the casuals.

if u listen to it wit no predetermined expectation, it’s clearly a masterpiece.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2020, 09:13:36 AM »

you’re not alone .. compton was a classic and shoulda been treated better .. unfortunately people didn’t give it a chance when they didn’t get the dre sound they expected and dre didn’t market it enough to captivate the casuals.

Shit man I had hella high expectations and right away that shit hit hard as a muthufucka “I Don’t Give One Fucc” and then Dre comes in on the second verse like Mez and I knew right away shit was on and crackin like 93, 99 once more!!  I mean shit hit me like “Wit a Dre Day” and “Still Dre” did first time I heard um
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2020, 10:38:10 AM »

Shit man I had hella high expectations and right away that shit hit hard as a muthufucka “I Don’t Give One Fucc” and then Dre comes in on the second verse like Mez and I knew right away shit was on and crackin like 93, 99 once more!!  I mean shit hit me like “Wit a Dre Day” and “Still Dre” did first time I heard um

i mean people expected it to have a certain dre sound and it sounded totally different, from the production all the way down to his flow

the only song that had a signature dre sound was talkin to my diary tbh

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2020, 10:50:34 AM »
If you lames needed proof that Compton bricked, here it is. Think about it, had it been an undisputed success and not just a bunch of people deluding themselves on the net that Dre still had it then these wack ass artists would've had next.

Instead they sank to the bottom of the ocean along with the Compton weedplate.

No need to cry, girl you know its true.

Now thats music.

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2020, 01:34:00 PM »
If you lames needed proof that Compton bricked, here it is. Think about it, had it been an undisputed success and not just a bunch of people deluding themselves on the net that Dre still had it then these wack ass artists would've had next.

Instead they sank to the bottom of the ocean along with the Compton weedplate.

No need to cry, girl you know its true.

Now thats music.

wrong

anderson paak blew up after compton

n goin by that logic u can say the same about 2001 wit hittman, six-two, ms. roq etc.