Author Topic: Israeli's and Palestinians: Why Have They Been Fighting For This Long?  (Read 204 times)

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Fertile Land

Quakaveli

Holy Land

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Thats what they tell people who can't see the truth...

Quakaveli

Thats what they tell people who can't see the truth...

Don't you know how important religion is to large masses of people?

TilMakaveliReturns

Religion is just part of the conflict, but there's more to it than that.

TheSheriff

Fertile land; Holy land; senile leaders; hatred passed-on over 1500 years.

Nuff said.

TilMakaveliReturns

Exactly ^^^^

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
They have been fighting because the Western World has always wanted a foothold in the Islamic Middle East.
The Jewish people of the west, using their vast resources and influence, persuaded govts to grant them their own land, using the most absurd of justifications (God promised us this land?), completely ignoring the thousands of palestinians that already lived there. I dont agree with this 1500 years talk. Sure theres been conflict. But theres never been a history of consistent anti semetism in Islamic civilizations. Obviously when a certain people take ur land, you will no longer be fans of those people

The problem is prolonged, because a brown skinned Arabs life, and land is worth shit to the Western World.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
If I remember correctly...didn't the Allies give the Jews their land as "reparations" from the Holocaust?  2/3 of all Jews in the world were killed in the Holocaust...

Also...Bill Clinton tried several times to get the leaders from both sides to sit down and work their shit out.  It was successful two or three times, but each time, and extremist killed one of the two leaders...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2003, 02:33:35 PM by Xearo »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
If I remember correctly...didn't the Allies give the Jews their land as "reparations" from the Holocaust?  2/3 of all Jews in the world were killed in the Holocaust...

Also...Bill Clinton tried several times to get the leaders from both sides to sit down and work their shit out.  It was successful two or three times, but each time, and extremist killed one of the two leaders...

1) It wasnt exactly reparations. Basically, the West had alot of questions that needed answering following ww2. (Turning away boat loads of Jews escapin persecution). So to basically sweep everything under the rug, they figured they;ll hand over Palestinian land to Jews.

2) I gots no idea what u talkin about. Clinton does deserve credit for bring Barak and Arafat together at Camp David, but Barak effectively ruined that meeting.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Trauma-san

^^ The accounts I read of it consisted of Arafat refusing to speak and just sitting there silent after a few hours.  What a mature individual...

Anyways, the conflict I think all boils down to both sides passionately think they are doing what god wants them to, and they think that their religious heritage is being stolen from them.  

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion

1) It wasnt exactly reparations. Basically, the West had alot of questions that needed answering following ww2. (Turning away boat loads of Jews escapin persecution). So to basically sweep everything under the rug, they figured they;ll hand over Palestinian land to Jews.

2) I gots no idea what u talkin about. Clinton does deserve credit for bring Barak and Arafat together at Camp David, but Barak effectively ruined that meeting.

lol@Palestinian land, sounds funny considering the fact there was no such thing as Palestinian people at the time Jews first started imigrating to the holly land. Palestinians in fact exist only on paper, they were verbally united and declared as "people" only after they started feeling intimidated by Jews who started coming and re-building their historical homeland.
And Tech, u know as well as me who was the one to fuck the meeting up, give ya'll a hint: it WASN'T the person who offered the most generous offer ever made to a Palestinian leader by an Israeli Prime Minister.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

TheSheriff

Tech, you know full well it was Arafat who cried like a baby and spat out his pacifier at Camp David. As for the Palestinian people...LMAO...

a) The very first people, according to all three holy books, Torah, Bible, and Koran, were the ancestors of the Jews.

b) The idea of Palestine were created by the Romans, to break the Jewish people's spirits in around 10 AD. It was a mistranslation of the word Phillistine.

Please, less of the bullshit. Trauma was exactly on point with his point.

Lost Titan

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Titans ruled the cosmos before the Olympians.
land why land
The Titans, also known as the elder gods, ruled the earth before the Olympians overthrew them. The ruler of the Titans was Cronus who was de-throned by his son Zeus. Most of the Titans fought with Cronus against Zeus and were punished by being banished to Tartarus

ITW [the irish boy]

This situation is really like northern ireland.

The british came and had "plantations" in the north of ireland, before conquering it. They then settled down and it remains part of the uk. They effectively took what wasn't theres.
Now people say it's about religion, but its not, that is only a background issue, which people can turn to. In fact some of the leading republicans were protestants. It is simply a way of distinguishing the sides.
So after this, the republicans (the irish) wanted their land back, because its ours, its part of our island, while the loyalists want to stay part of britain, because they have lived there 200yrs, its there home now, kinda like squaters rights.

Its kinda like that between israel and palestine. Whether or not as IGeezy says the palestinians "exist", they lived there, it was and still is their land, it was stolen from them. On the other hand, the israelis needed somewhere to live and feel they have been terrorised by their new community since, and so why should they give it back.

I dont really think religion should come into it. I mean if I said that god appeared to me and said it was my god given right to live in the white house, it doesnt mean it holds any credibility, especially if the president doesnt believe in god!

This conflict wont end until the palestinians have their own state, without fear of israeli state terrorism. Also, it wont end until Israel can feel safe there is no threat of terrorism from extremists. Lets hope this roadmap points the way in this
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK