Author Topic: DJ Quik - The Book Of David (Discussion Thread)  (Read 26893 times)

Elko.

Re: DJ Quik - The Book Of David (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #375 on: July 09, 2019, 08:04:58 PM »
Quik's best solo record to date?

The hidden track at the end is pure bliss.

Can't forget the remake of Street Level Entrance - I loved this album and it still gets constant play to this day.

naah its def not better than safe n sound or rhythmalism ... it’s close tho.

quik has mad classix in his catalogue regardless .. he’s not a goat by accident

Sorry - that was a poorly worded comment by me.

I meant to say this album is better than Midnite Life. Nothing touches his catalogue from the 90's or 00's.

Sccit

« Reply #376 on: July 09, 2019, 10:51:46 PM »
Quik's best solo record to date?

The hidden track at the end is pure bliss.

Can't forget the remake of Street Level Entrance - I loved this album and it still gets constant play to this day.

naah its def not better than safe n sound or rhythmalism ... it’s close tho.

quik has mad classix in his catalogue regardless .. he’s not a goat by accident

Sorry - that was a poorly worded comment by me.

I meant to say this album is better than Midnite Life. Nothing touches his catalogue from the 90's or 00's.

oh yea, its better than anything he did after balance & options, no doubt

dnjp4life

« Reply #377 on: July 10, 2019, 04:08:12 AM »
Yeah I tend to break out this album at this time of year when the the summer hits, it suits it so well.  There's that 4 or 5 track flow about two thirds into the album that just hits so nicely.  It's definitely better than The Midnight Life for sure.

Funny how the opening track had the oddest sounding drum loop when you hear it at first but eventually your head and ears figure it out.  I really wish the mini track after the reprise of 'Street Level Entrance' was a fully fleshed out track as well because it's far too short for my liking.

Sccit

« Reply #378 on: July 10, 2019, 09:17:27 AM »
Yeah I tend to break out this album at this time of year when the the summer hits, it suits it so well.  There's that 4 or 5 track flow about two thirds into the album that just hits so nicely.  It's definitely better than The Midnight Life for sure.

Funny how the opening track had the oddest sounding drum loop when you hear it at first but eventually your head and ears figure it out.  I really wish the mini track after the reprise of 'Street Level Entrance' was a fully fleshed out track as well because it's far too short for my liking.

street level entrance is off safe n sound lol ..... don’t sleep on midnight life tho. also a great album.