Author Topic: James Savage (Jayo Felony) - James Savage (2019) (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 7001 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't

What the fuck is this shit?  I watched all the videos on this page.

Nobody is a bigger Xzibit fan than me, and I love the idea of Xzibit getting behind Jayo, especially if he's going to bring Dre to the table.  But the Al Pacino Scarface angle they are taking on this is waaaaayyyyyyyy to played out. 

..that said I'm only hearing and seeing these clips so maybe when I get full tracks or full movie or whatever the full project is I will see it differently.  But I'm not feeling the early sights and sounds

That's the full project. That's the movie. Some people like it, some don't. You don't have to like it. It's new sound, new approach and I'm glad it's like that, I'm glad they're not stuck into 2000's and they're moving ahead of time. Really diggin' this and the approach to it.
And "Nobody is bigger Xzibit fan than me..." Dude... You have no idea.
the movie and album is fire. a very solid project from someone who hasn't dropped an album in over 10+ years. jayo came correct on that shit...I just wish some battlecat and fred wreck beats was on there too. all in all I love the project and the very forward thinking of OBE.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Okka

Nobody is a bigger Xzibit fan than me, and I love the idea of Xzibit getting behind Jayo, especially if he's going to bring Dre to the table.  But the Al Pacino Scarface angle they are taking on this is waaaaayyyyyyyy to played out. 

..that said I'm only hearing and seeing these clips so maybe when I get full tracks or full movie or whatever the full project is I will see it differently.  But I'm not feeling the early sights and sounds

That's the full project. That's the movie. Some people like it, some don't. You don't have to like it. It's new sound, new approach and I'm glad it's like that, I'm glad they're not stuck into 2000's and they're moving ahead of time. Really diggin' this and the approach to it.

Do you own all of Xzibit's albums?

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...

Do you own all of Xzibit's albums?

Not sure if you're trying to troll me or anything but yes I do. Everyone one of them.
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG

the movie and album is fire. a very solid project from someone who hasn't dropped an album in over 10+ years. jayo came correct on that shit...I just wish some battlecat and fred wreck beats was on there too. all in all I love the project and the very forward thinking of OBE.

I think X wanted to do it like this to appeal to new people, and for old ones. I like the way how it end up. And I'm glad Aftermath had it's hands in it, just like Dre. Can't wait for King Maker and new Dre production for X.

The following users thanked this post: dj coma

dj coma

And even if you don’t like the movie you can still listen to it like any other album and I think that’s dope.

This is hands down one of my favorite projects in recent years. It shits on the Snoop album IMO. I like that Xzibit essentially reinvented and revived Jayo’s career. Jayo seemed lost as an artist after Crip Hop. He’s a super talented rapper but he needs a good team/label behind him to be successful so props to Xzibit for filling that role.

The following users thanked this post: Okka

JeremyM

Yeah, I like this (and the new Snoop). What role did Aftermath play? The credits on Tidal are worthless.

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG

And even if you don’t like the movie you can still listen to it like any other album and I think that’s dope.

This is hands down one of my favorite projects in recent years. It shits on the Snoop album IMO. I like that Xzibit essentially reinvented and revived Jayo’s career. Jayo seemed lost as an artist after Crip Hop. He’s a super talented rapper but he needs a good team/label behind him to be successful so props to Xzibit for filling that role.

Yeah, totally agree with you. Now we need to wait for "King Maker" and season 2.

The following users thanked this post: dj coma

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!

facts. jayo sounds rejuvenated like a mutha...i'm so glad xzibit scooped him up and put him on his team.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

The following users thanked this post: Okka, dj coma

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Yeah, totally agree with you. Now we need to wait for "King Maker" and season 2.
did dr. dre produce at all for jayo?

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
He was there during producing of the album. But there's no his name stamped at anything. He will produce for X tho.

The following users thanked this post: JeremyM

Okka

So why did they change the name of the album? Did you ask?

dj coma

So why did they change the name of the album? Did you ask?

Maybe it was done to differentiate the album from the mini movie?

SuperSpider

Had some time to peep the album today, but didn't get to watch the mini-movie. The mediocrity of it all kinda put me off from even going through with the movie to be fair

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
when is the physicals shipping?

Sccit

when is the physicals shipping?

mine shipped today