Author Topic: James Savage (Jayo Felony) - James Savage (2019) (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 7008 times)

Sccit

just got my copy in the mail.. a little disappointed it’s a cd-r. didn’t expect that for $30.

doggfather

30?

aint that only 20 with dvd?
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

30?

aint that only 20 with dvd?

10 bux shipping smh

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
just got my copy in the mail.. a little disappointed it’s a cd-r. didn’t expect that for $30.
wtf? do it at least come in it's own cover?
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sccit

nope

it comes in the dvd case

guess they on a budget

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!

nope

it comes in the dvd case

guess they on a budget
yup. I just got mine out the mailbox. they could at least gave the album one of those paper sleeves.

Sccit

nope

it comes in the dvd case

guess they on a budget
yup. I just got mine out the mailbox. they could at least gave the album one of those paper sleeves.

foreal

Sccit

on first listen, solid project .. well produced and jayo can still flow as good as ever. the only issue i had with it is some of the choruses had a hard rock vibe to them which doesn’t really give it that jayo sound. i prefer smooth, laid back production for jayo like on time flies. an album fulla joints like that woulda been a classic.

Jome

on first listen, solid project .. well produced and jayo can still flow as good as ever. the only issue i had with it is some of the choruses had a hard rock vibe to them which doesn’t really give it that jayo sound. i prefer smooth, laid back production for jayo like on time flies. an album fulla joints like that woulda been a classic.

Co-sign.
More hooks like "Please don't shoot" would give the album a more relaxed timeless feeling.
Album had DJ Khalil on a beat, he shoulda reached out to Kobe Kokilla for one of them smooth hooks.  8)

k1000

the only issue i had with it is some of the choruses had a hard rock vibe to them which doesn’t really give it that jayo sound. i prefer smooth, laid back production for jayo like on "time flies".

my thought exactly. most of the songs sounds dark whereas "time flies" is a bright song and way more enjoyable to listen to.

escowino

Got mine in the mail. Good to finally get an official Jayo release after all these years. I liked the DVD. It's like I get a visual for the whole album. I love music videos so this is right up my alley, and he connects it to true events from his life. And was cool to see G. Perico appearance in it as he is one of my favorite newer West Coast rappers. The lil twist at the end was good too. As for the music, Jayo's raps are still on point! Just for me some of the beats don't catch my ear as much. My favorite tracks are "Time Flies", "Where I Grew Up", "Ape Shit", and "Test Me". The other beats I don't feel at all. I like more of the kind of beats that Tray Deee, MC Eiht, Tha Chill, G. Perico, Jay Worthy, and Snoop Dogg use (showing my age here ;)). Some of these beats sound like the type of beats that are on the Serial Killaz albums, which I love B-Real, Xzibit and Demricks raps but can't get into most of the beats.

doggfather

Re: James Savage (Jayo Felony) - James Savage (2019) (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2019, 02:45:38 AM »
its time to check this.

i mean, te OST, not the film...

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

doggfather

Re: James Savage (Jayo Felony) - James Savage (2019) (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2019, 11:08:35 PM »
the album is way, i mean waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than i expected...

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2019, 12:47:45 AM »
the album is way, i mean waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than i expected...

it actually grew on me tbh

even the rock sounding joints