Author Topic: TOP 50 WEST COAST (SOCAL) RAPPERS  (Read 2696 times)

HighEyeCue

Re: TOP 50 WEST COAST (SOCAL) RAPPERS
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2019, 01:35:39 PM »
nice list 8)

you could even put Pac at 1 from NorCal, he repped it heavy early in his career

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Okka

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2019, 06:04:29 AM »
Eazy won't even make my top 50, one of the most overrated rappers period imo. Pac and Snoop would be lower on my list. Bad Azz before Crooked I?! Kokane above Nip?! Murs, Young Maylay, Knoc-turn'al, Hopsin, Glasses Malone, Blu, Sly Boogy, Ab-Soul, Eligh, Jay Rock & maybe Twisted Insane woulda all made it to my list.

Interested in seeing your Norcal/Bay Area list when you make it, Sccit

I'd put Bad Azz above too. "Word On Tha Streetz", "Personal Business" and the LBC Crew album are all classics.

SuperSpider

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2019, 09:29:53 AM »
Eazy won't even make my top 50, one of the most overrated rappers period imo. Pac and Snoop would be lower on my list. Bad Azz before Crooked I?! Kokane above Nip?! Murs, Young Maylay, Knoc-turn'al, Hopsin, Glasses Malone, Blu, Sly Boogy, Ab-Soul, Eligh, Jay Rock & maybe Twisted Insane woulda all made it to my list.

I'd put Bad Azz above too. "Word On Tha Streetz", "Personal Business" and the LBC Crew album are all classics.

I did kind of agree with Sccit once he pointed out there was the extra criteria of having classic albums and impact being taken into consideration, so yeah in that case Bad Azz would be higher than Crooked on the list. On the other hand Bad Azz had a few good years and faded into obscurity whereas Crooked is increasingly more relevant even nowadays with a career spanning 23+ years. Not to mention being much better skill-wise and being as prolific as they come. His catalogue is rivaled by very few rappers overall (the likes of Lil Wayne, Snoop Dogg, Kurupt, Slim Thug, Chalie Boy possibly E-40 & Kokane) in terms of how many tracks he's put out/been on through the years.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 09:50:20 AM by SuperSpider »

riphuero

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2019, 09:51:13 AM »
Mack 10 number 30. This list is way off.

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2019, 11:15:35 AM »

I did kind of agree with Sccit once he pointed out there was the extra criteria of having classic albums and impact being taken into consideration, so yeah in that case Bad Azz would be higher than Crooked on the list. On the other hand Bad Azz had a few good years and faded into obscurity whereas Crooked is increasingly more relevant even nowadays with a career spanning 23+ years. Not to mention being much better skill-wise and being as prolific as they come. His catalogue is rivaled by very few rappers overall (the likes of Lil Wayne, Snoop Dogg, Kurupt, Slim Thug, Chalie Boy possibly E-40 & Kokane) in terms of how many tracks he's put out/been on through the years.

the problem wit crooked i is that he didn’t drop a solo in his prime and doesn’t have classic albums in his catalogue ala bad azz

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2019, 11:17:36 AM »

what’s wrong with mack 10 at 30?? his first 2 or 3 albums are classix and bow down is a monumental album in west coast hip-hop.

lets see your list tho

dnjp4life

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2019, 12:10:17 PM »
Good list, don't think anyone notable has been left out (apart from maybe Earl Sweatshirt but that's just personal preference).  Was wondering why someone like Crooked I was so low down the list until I read the criteria for your entries.

MC Eiht should be higher on the list, but maybe I'm only saying that cos I've been listening to him heavy recently  :D

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2019, 12:41:28 PM »
Good list, don't think anyone notable has been left out (apart from maybe Earl Sweatshirt but that's just personal preference).  Was wondering why someone like Crooked I was so low down the list until I read the criteria for your entries.

MC Eiht should be higher on the list, but maybe I'm only saying that cos I've been listening to him heavy recently  :D

some1 on boxden pointed out earl sweatshirt .. cant think of anyone i would remove for him

eiht is a certified legend, but bar for bar, most of the rappers above him (and a lot under him) are better pure emcees

riphuero

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2019, 10:21:49 PM »
This list is off. These rappers need to be on it.
Mr. Criminal
Sick Jacken
Defari
K-Dee
Nate Dogg
Slow Pain
Frank V
I can go on ...

nate dogg is not a rapper

sick jacken and defari were right outside my top 50, along with mitchy slick, amg, knocturnal, hittman, goldie loc, chali 2na, foesum, lil half dead and a few others..... hard to narrow it down to 50 wit so many legends in the game.
Nate dogg not a rapper says it all. Nate was rapping but that’s what made him original.

riphuero

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2019, 10:23:46 PM »

what’s wrong with mack 10 at 30?? his first 2 or 3 albums are classix and bow down is a monumental album in west coast hip-hop.

lets see your list tho
Xzibit number 5 doesn’t even want me to argue with you but I have to respect your opinion. Keep it west coast

TRAX (SFV)

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2019, 12:10:29 AM »
I see your point about everything being included, but Suga Free is top 5 for me based on skills alone.  Nobody does it like he does.
YOU CAN PIMP ME BITCH....WHEN THEY MAKE DILDOS OUTTA DAYTON SPOKES!

SuperSpider

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2019, 07:17:19 PM »
I see your point about everything being included, but Suga Free is top 5 for me based on skills alone.  Nobody does it like he does.

This was the SoCal list

h2k4

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2019, 07:33:48 PM »
Interesting list, to say the least. There are some that I wouldn't have put on there or placed as high but there was definitely some thought put into it.

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2019, 09:53:08 PM »

This was the SoCal list

suga free is from socal .. he’s number 12, which is actually pretty damn high

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2019, 10:30:46 PM »
This is a solid list. Very similar to my own