Author Topic: Just hit me Kurupt was probably speaking on Juice Crew on “New York, New York”  (Read 1039 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Was watching KRS on Drink Champs and Kurupt’s line “oh you got the juice I squeeze the juice” that Kurupt was probably speaking on the Juice Crew... not really a diss or anything but just kind of like a jab or a reference of East Coast counterparts and their claim to dominance as Emcee’s
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

Was watching KRS on Drink Champs and Kurupt’s line “oh you got the juice I squeeze the juice” that Kurupt was probably speaking on the Juice Crew... not really a diss or anything but just kind of like a jab or a reference of East Coast counterparts and their claim to dominance as Emcee’s

It's "Oh you got the juice? I squeeze you juiceless".

• Muthafuckin' Don!

It's "Oh you got the juice? I squeeze you juiceless".

Yes thanks for the clarification...

The word follow Juice-less was “it’s” so I don’t know it kind of ran together in my head
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Mr Wicked

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • way more karma than posts
Oh, good point. Never thought about it that way.
You're probably right. And not everything is meant as a straight up diss.
Sometimes it's just friendly competition.
It's battle rap, MC shit, that's what the whole song is all about.
Unfortunately it was misinterpreted and lead to a whole bunch of crazy beef.

JeremyM

I figured it was a reference to having power, the same way it's used in the film Juice.

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Elko.

Yeah, I feel that's a reach. Kurupt has always talked about the song being a head nod to the East Coast. It wouldn't make sense to send shots. That is, until the video haha

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah, I feel that's a reach. Kurupt has always talked about the song being a head nod to the East Coast. It wouldn't make sense to send shots. That is, until the video haha

I mean yeah, a lot of it is just hiphop and if he was thinking of the Juice Crew then yeah that was probably nothing more than in the spirit of competition. 

There is a side of me though that feels like there is some revisionist history going on whenever rappers act like the East/West thing was only a media invention...the lines were a bit blurred... but I digress