Author Topic: Info About The Convicts Big Mike & 3-2 on Death Row!!  (Read 159 times)

jacktheripper

• 'G'
Info About The Convicts Big Mike & 3-2 on Death Row!!
« on: May 06, 2003, 04:02:02 PM »
http://www.deathrowrecords.net/blood/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=6896&s=64796d26f8f639aa62875c9298b7c77f

I thought some of you real West Coasters would be interested. For those who cannot view Death Row's forum here is the info. I post as "DBSoul".

LEE IACOKA  Posted: May 6 2003, 10:10 AM  
3-2 was on rap city a few years back sayin that the convicts were on the row and they recorded an album for em.big lez asked him if they were gonna put it out and he had no fucking idea.has anybody heard any of the row tracks?the rap-a-lot album they did was tight.by the way,WHERE THE FUCK IS BIG MIKE?  

G-Profit  Posted: May 6 2003, 10:47 AM  
yeah the rapalot album was real tight. i havent heard shit from big mike since that last weak album he did...

DBSoul  Posted: May 6 2003, 11:21 AM  
Back in the day, there used to be a bunch of groups signed to Death row. Emmage was one of them. Also The Convicts (Big Mike and Lord 3-2) were going to be one of the first ones with a release, but they went back to Rap-A-Lot. Being a good friend of DJ Slip I once got to hear some of the Death Row Unreleased Big Mike and 3-2 Convicts stuff he did. Slip was one of the original staff producers for Death Row.  

CalvinBroadusRIP  Posted: May 6 2003, 02:22 PM  
Who is Emmage??  

DBSoul  Posted: May 6 2003, 02:56 PM  
Who is Emmage??  

Like I said above, back in the day, there used to be a bunch of groups signed to Death Row. Emmage (Ebony Men Muscially Able to Give Entertainment) was one of them. You can hear them on "Why You Frontin?" from the Deep Cover soundtrack, on THE CHRONIC and Comptons Most Wanted's 1992 release 'Music To Driveby' to name a few. They opened for Michel'le and through that connection made their way to Los Angeles and eventually signed to Death Row Records.

jacktheripper

• 'G'
Re:Info About The Convicts Big Mike & 3-2 on Death Row!!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2003, 04:05:23 PM »
Dj Slip (Comptons Most Wanted) was one of the original staff producers for the label. It was Slip, Dr. Dre, DJ Unkown, Rhythm D, and Chris "The Glove" Taylor.

Another thing you might not know is the fact that the Slip created the name. It was originally going to be "Def Row" i.e. "Def Jam." Unknown went and copywrote the name Slip created and sold it to Suge and Dre for $5000. You can check the info for yourself and see that there is a trademark on both Def Row and Death Row.

Some inside info for WCC but it's the truth so there is nothing wrong letting it be known.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2003, 04:12:00 PM »
Interesting....

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2003, 06:06:55 PM »
very interestng...i think there are so many label things behind closed doors we will never hear...

Devon (BP)

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2003, 12:41:59 AM »
Emmage. Old, yet entertaining.

Think the westcoast needs a direct mix of talent covering all areas like rap, jazz, and blending them altogether

jacktheripper

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2003, 05:44:13 PM »
True.