Author Topic: MC EIHT - OFFICIAL (Official Discussion)  (Read 8977 times)

Sccit

Re: MC EIHT - OFFICIAL (Official Discussion)
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2020, 09:02:40 AM »
lmaoooo

so glad i didn’t pay the 50 bux

doggfather

« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2020, 11:41:15 AM »
Shame
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2020, 12:05:15 PM »
Shame

it’s the new wave brodie

bet which way iz west bein rereleased that way as well

i’ve never seen so many artists release cd-rs as i did in 2019

the first one i can remember was c-bo - the problem .... it’s sad because cds only cost a dollar a piece to press professionally.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 02:04:38 PM by Sccit »

doggfather

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2020, 12:28:24 PM »
new wave, bad wave...

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

hitsaw

« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2020, 04:39:30 AM »
What’s so bad on a cdr?

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2020, 04:58:09 AM »
What’s so bad on a cdr?

CDr not lasting for very long time compare do pressed cds. Pressed cd will be the same all the time, when cdr may be unplayable after couple of years. So that what wrong with cdr.

Anyway apparently Eiht was not aware that his manager decided to release album on cdr  ;D

Sccit

« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2020, 09:04:54 AM »
What’s so bad on a cdr?

some systems don’t even play cdr

they’re just far worse quality

Sccit

« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2020, 09:55:25 AM »
What’s so bad on a cdr?

CDr not lasting for very long time compare do pressed cds. Pressed cd will be the same all the time, when cdr may be unplayable after couple of years. So that what wrong with cdr.

Anyway apparently Eiht was not aware that his manager decided to release album on cdr  ;D

just spoke to eiht about it .... it wasn’t even the manager, but the company they got it from did it without their knowledge.

doggfather

« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2020, 10:34:53 AM »
What company?
Blue stamp music?! Their company?

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2020, 10:51:17 AM »
What company?
Blue stamp music?! Their company?

no .. usually labels have to go through a separate manufacture that presses discs. i don’t think blue stamps music does the pressing, they outsource it from a media pressing company.

doggfather

« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2020, 12:40:22 PM »
ok, but those manufacturers aint made any decision by them own. just do what labels order.

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2020, 02:53:22 PM »
ok, but those manufacturers aint made any decision by them own. just do what labels order.

i guess they just ordered 150 copies and that’s what the manufacture decided to press witout notifying them it’s a cdr

same how you ordered a disc and wasn’t notified it was a cdr copy

the people behind the labels are people just like u and me

ThaIgk

« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2020, 11:26:54 AM »
My homie received his package and sent this photo to me, these are CD-R's.

Sccit

« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2020, 12:30:19 PM »
^^ yup

eiht confirmed with me.. heres the message they received from their manufacture

God Morning,
This email is to follow-up with our phone conversation yesterday about the MC Eiht CD's.  Their are two ways to manufacture disc, one way being replication which is a process where every disc is replicated from a glass master meaning every disc created in this process is essentially it's own master copy.  the replication process requires a minimum of 300 copies to be made which is more than what was created for this first run.  Being that the project is not released yet and you wanted to provide the fans with an exclusive experience we went with the duplication process, which allows you to produce a more exclusive run of product.  The duplication process is where every disc is a copy of a master disc.  The quality of disc that I used to create these disc are of the highest quality available in 2019.  We've come along way from the early 2000's where at one point duplication quality couldn't compete with replication, but that is not the case anymore. 

heisenberg

« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2020, 04:05:24 AM »
^^ yup

eiht confirmed with me.. heres the message they received from their manufacture

God Morning,
This email is to follow-up with our phone conversation yesterday about the MC Eiht CD's.  Their are two ways to manufacture disc, one way being replication which is a process where every disc is replicated from a glass master meaning every disc created in this process is essentially it's own master copy.  the replication process requires a minimum of 300 copies to be made which is more than what was created for this first run.  Being that the project is not released yet and you wanted to provide the fans with an exclusive experience we went with the duplication process, which allows you to produce a more exclusive run of product.  The duplication process is where every disc is a copy of a master disc.  The quality of disc that I used to create these disc are of the highest quality available in 2019.  We've come along way from the early 2000's where at one point duplication quality couldn't compete with replication, but that is not the case anymore.

What they talked about ? Some artist put out limited edition CDs still these days and they are proffesional CD not CD-r, Tonedeff for example last year and it was 100 copies.