Author Topic: THE GAME - BORN 2 RAP (Official Discussion)  (Read 11869 times)

doggfather

Re: THE GAME - BORN 2 RAP (Official Discussion)
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2019, 01:13:47 AM »
since when wiki is an unquestionably source?
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2019, 02:00:22 AM »
There's like 10 really dope songs I fuck with after the first listen. What's up with Game sayin' "The Documentary" went diamond on "One Life" though? I don't think it even went 3 times platinum.

from wiki :

The Documentary debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200, selling 586,000 units in the first week. In March 2005, the Recording Industry Association of America certified the album double Platinum, and by November 2005 the album sold 4.4 million copies in the U.S. and selling five million copies worldwide

You sure Game didn't edit that page?

:tupachappy:

It's only certified two times platinum on RIAA.

This forum is very pityfull sometimes - Dude drops album of the year and he gets hate...

"2x Multi-Platinum | March 23, 2005" so it most likely went 4.4 by november ya?

Smile and be happy, he made it.

it was never certified beyond 2 so no .... plaques are registered based on how many albums ship, not how many sell. and a majority of albums ship 90%+ of their units in the first couple months.....if it was diamond best believe they woulda had it certified by now, as thats an extremely rare accomplishment. not even jay-z has gone diamond.. best he did was 5x plat, which is half of what game is claiming lol.

D-TalkX

« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2019, 01:51:53 PM »
There's like 10 really dope songs I fuck with after the first listen. What's up with Game sayin' "The Documentary" went diamond on "One Life" though? I don't think it even went 3 times platinum.

its one of his many retarded lies that he’s clowned for .. he was selling t-shirts claiming it was diamond too, shit was hilarious

Sometimes the best way to get somewhere is to tell everyone's you're already there

h2k4

Sccit

The following users thanked this post: h2k4

Game-Won

« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2019, 10:21:06 PM »
Never heard the original version of Magnus Carlsen - Is the track really named after the norwigian chess player?When listen or reading the lyrics i do not get it. All cheap sayings aside like "stay one step infront" yada yada

Anyways Born 2 Rap has so many good tracks I did not pay much attension on first many listens.

"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
Re: THE GAME - BORN 2 RAP (New Album 11/29)
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2019, 10:35:39 PM »

Halfway through.... it's pretty decent so far.. first couple tracks a bit slow but it picks up after that  8)

damn the Don is back!  whats up dude, hope your doing well

sup!.. yeah i'm still goin.. fatherhood = zero time! dont work in the environment i used to, so can't be foruming all day on the side like the old days!

and yeah i'm all about spotify these days :(  life spread too thin to manage  mp3s between a zillion platforms .. spotify's the one that works on most

What’s up seer. I got a couple of my own now too. Stumbled my way back over here to the old haunt. Pretty dead but good to see you still pop your head in here. Don’t let this place die!

h2k4

« Reply #97 on: December 13, 2019, 10:40:28 AM »
https://twitter.com/aprilandvista/status/1204115396422447106

Lawyers!!! Mount up!!!

they guna remove the sample like they did wit the paak joint off docu 2.5

Which one?

original:

reworked to remove uncleared sample:

Thanks. Never knew about the reworked version. Don't care for it, lol.

The Predator

« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2019, 02:59:23 PM »
Had the album on repeat since it been out, that cover ahaha.

The Game – ‘Born 2 Rap’ review: a sprawling swan-song from an all-time great

Allegedly his last album, 'Born 2 Rap' sees The Game explore his legacy with classic samples and riffs on his signature material. And he still has so much left to say

Whatever you think about The Game, you can’t say he’s not consistent. From the moment he bulldozed his way onto the scene in 2004, it was obvious he had what it took to be a rap mainstay, not some flash-in-the-pan hotshot who soon fizzled out.

From ‘Hate It or Love It’ to ‘Dreams’ and ‘Ali Bomaye’ – the list goes on and on – he’s delivered a constant onslaught of high-quality hits that, for the past 15 years, have become part of hip-hop’s very fabric. There’s a real argument to be had that he might be one of the most consistent artists in music regardless of genre.

So it’s a bit of a punch in the gut to learn that ‘Born 2 Rap’ is – allegedly – to be his last album. Luckily it’s a contender for one of his best. The Game raps with a newfound clarity throughout – never more so than on opening track ‘No Smoke’. Over Travis Barker’s thundering drums, he declares: “They don’t want no chronic smoke with me”. As he revisits various points in his career, he realises that initial hurdles were necessary to get him to where he is today.

The Game invites listeners on a voyage of self-discovery and reflection. From cutting off family members (‘Hug the Block’) to religious ambivalence (‘Cross on Jesus Back’), there’s no moment more powerful than when he addresses death straight-up on the Marsha Ambrosius-featuring ‘I Didn’t Wanna Write This Song’, which sees him pay homage to slain rapper and community leader Nipsey Hussle, who, having been gunned down in his neighbourhood earlier this year, appears posthumously on the instrumentally rich ‘Welcome Home’.

Providing a sense of familiarity, the album often turns to a historic beat or sample. On ‘Carmen Electra’, The Game walks his Chuck Taylors all over D’Angelo’s ‘Devil’s Pie’, while on ‘Gold Daytonas’ he uses Junior M.A.F.I.A.’s ‘Get Money’. And on ‘The Light’ he borrows an idea from Common’s song of the same name, as he samples Bobby Cauldwell’s ‘Open Your Eyes’.

But ‘Born 2 Rap’ isn’t just a library of classic records blended together: it’s a lesson in storytelling, something The Game has never received enough credit for. One minute he’s painting a picture of L.A.s complicated gang scene (‘Five Hundred Dollar Candles’) and the next he’s taking a page out of Nas’ book, creating a sequel to the Queensbridge rapper’s masterful track ‘Rewind’. And, amazingly, after all this time he still has so much fresh material: on the title track he reveals that he would have been dropped from his label Aftermath had Jay-Z not told Dr. Dre that ‘Hate It or Love It’ would be a smash.

True the track list is a little lengthy. There’s a flawless project somewhere among the album’s 25 tracks, which could certainly do with trimming. But it’s clear The Game has a lot to get off his chest, which begs the question: with so much left to say, why walk away now?

« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 03:02:22 PM by The Predator »

Game-Won

« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2019, 10:27:16 PM »
IF you are quitting anyway - then leak the two albums you scrapped....

This album goes.
"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

Okka

« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2019, 03:32:48 AM »
This forum is very pityfull sometimes - Dude drops album of the year and he gets hate...

You're a Game stan, so I can understand why you would believe everything he says. The new album is dope though, I like about half of the tracks.

Game-Won

« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2019, 03:35:57 AM »

You're a Game stan, so I can understand why you would believe everything he says. The new album is dope though, I like about half of the tracks.

Well there no winning in that amazing argument - HOW DARE! someone disagree with you.
But smile and be happy one day you will grow to =)
- Kobe

Okka

« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2019, 07:08:18 AM »
What are you cryin' about? I guess the truth hurts.

Sccit

« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2019, 08:10:55 AM »
got a hard promo copy off ebay.. i’m halfway through and it sounds great thus far. most of the complaints in this thread are str8 bullshit.

Game-Won

« Reply #104 on: December 19, 2019, 08:21:41 AM »
What are you cryin' about? I guess the truth hurts.

If it makes you happy :)
Smile and be happy, you might still accomplish something some day.
- Kobe