Author Topic: The Best line in "Hail Mary 2003"  (Read 1163 times)

Trauma-san

The Best line in "Hail Mary 2003"
« on: May 08, 2003, 02:05:04 PM »
I think it's gotta be when busta says "WHO'S SHOOTIN??? Aw, made you look, now if YOU SHOOTIN, I'll take a look at your man, the bitch shot himself in front of Def Jam"

LOL

Am I hearing that wrong?   That's even funnier than when he makes fun of Ja's voice.  

Second best line is 50 going

"Ja's bitch ass tryna ride like me, tellin people he took a tech nine to junior high like me"

or somethin' like that

NewJack

• 'G'
Re:The Best line in "Hail Mary 2003"
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2003, 02:11:18 PM »
I think Busta hits him the best when he says "I think about the game and whut it's like and WHAT WOULD IT BE WITHOUT YOU." That's kind of a personal thing for me tho, cuz me and my friend have always loved the 50 cent skits "The Best of Ja Rule Duets Volume 2 and 3" which I can never get tired of and will never stop laughing to.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2003, 02:47:11 PM »
same as above, it is so funny

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Jome

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2003, 07:33:14 PM »
I think it's gotta be when busta says "WHO'S SHOOTIN??? Aw, made you look, now if YOU SHOOTIN, I'll take a look at your man, the bitch shot himself in front of Def Jam"

LOL

Am I hearing that wrong?   That's even funnier than when he makes fun of Ja's voice.  

Second best line is 50 going

"Ja's bitch ass tryna ride like me, tellin people he took a tech nine to junior high like me"

or somethin' like that

Yeah, that Busta line is great.

But 50 Cent says:
Lil' nigga named Ja think he live like me
Talkin' about he left the hospital and took nine like me

(Talkin about the 9 shots)

NewJack

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2003, 07:36:35 PM »
Yeah, but Pac said "Lil nigga name Nas think he live like, talkin bout how he left the hospital and took 5 like me." I don't like that whole verse jus cuz he bit off Pac. Even if it was for the song, to make fun of Ja, you don't just rip a whole verse off him. By the way, if you are confused about where he ripped from, it wasn't from Pac's verse in Hail Mary, it was from his verse in Against All Odds, if you haven't heard it or don't remember it I suggest you go d/l it.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2003, 07:36:57 PM by NewJack »

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2003, 09:27:04 PM »
Ohhh, thanks for clearin' up what he said.  And at the end of that verse he says "Against all odds!!"

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2003, 07:13:15 PM »
NewJack must be a newbie.

This is so fucking stupid how people say "Em and 50 bit Pac" and bullshit like that.  If that's called biting then this board's hero, Snoop Dogg is the biggest biter in hip-hop as he bit Slick Rick, Biz Markie, Dana Dane, Ice Cube, KRS-One, Marley Marl & Rakim.  Remakes/Covers have been done hundreds of times, it's nothing new.  

It's not the most lyrical line, but the way he's says it, it's funny.

"Black Child, you's a motherfuckin' punk and you'll see me with gloves
Quit scarin' them fuckin' kids with yo ugly ass mug"

NewJack

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2003, 10:14:07 PM »
Yo, don't be judgin' me, you don't even know me. God dam, whut the fuck's wit that?

Anyways, whut I'm sayin is 50 never knew Pac, none of his crew knew Pac, and he was from a completely different neighborhood than Pac and doesn't have much in common wit him. Even if Afeni gave him permission (which I'm not sure of, but I'd assume, cuz the CD did make money) I don't think he shuld be rippin a whole verse off him. It's jus Pac's a legend, and even if you gettin' at someone for bitin' off him, you don't just rip a whole verse from him. If it was someone who knew Pac I would be more understanding, but I jus dun think he should've done that. I couldn't give a shyt if people be rippin' his style or concepts of songs, or even the beats with permission, but when you rip someones whole verse and you have no relation whatsoever except your producer who the man hated, c'mon..

I still respect 50 and everything, I think he's a great rapper, but I jus dun like that particular verse for that reason.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2003, 10:15:35 PM by NewJack »

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2003, 10:33:53 PM »
^^ The whole beat is obviously a pac song; eminem starts it off by changing the lyrics to the pac song, the hook is the pac song changed around, 50's verse is reminiscent of pac, the original was a diss song, and this one was only released on underground mixtapes, which the artists DONT get paid for, and since the only people buying mixtapes are the hardcore hiphop fans, they all KNOW that they're gankin pac's lyrics and beat, so I don't see nothin' wrong with 50 rippin' all those lines off pac.  

BTW, Pac got famous off of "keep your head up" that interpolated that "oooh chillllld" song, he didn't even sample it, just stole the hook, he never knew that guy.  It's all gravy....

Peace~

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2003, 12:26:29 AM »
Nice arguement.

Snoop didn't know Slick Rick, none of his crew knew Slick Rick, wasn't from his 'hood but "bit" his whole song with "Lodi Dodi".

And I could get a hundred more examples.

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2003, 08:09:30 AM »
I DO agree with him that 50's verses aren't as creative, since he was just switchin' around something pac wrote, but I don't think anything's wrong with that... I just think busta came harder since it was new.  Peace~

The Watcher

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2003, 08:17:14 AM »
Ja thinks he's Pac, 50 usin all those Pac lines is mocking Ja Rule, how hard is that for people to grasp? Like C2 said, if people are gettin upset with 50 usin those lines, get mad at every other artist for bitin the great ones
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

NewJack

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2003, 08:34:25 AM »
I aint gettin upset, and I said I know he doin it to mock Ja, but mocking is one thing, rippin some1s whole verse is another. I aint upset, I jus dun like the verse too much for that reason. I still like 50, one of my favs, but jus not too fond of that particular verse for that reason.

PLANT

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2003, 11:08:46 AM »
something about 106 and park fans dont even respect you........that line does it for me....Busta just rips his verse and rips ja rule real good on that one.

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2003, 12:09:13 PM »
Yeah, most of bustas stuff is funny.  When he calls him Beatrice is funny too, lol.