Author Topic: YOUR TOP 10 ALBUMS OF 2019  (Read 2173 times)

Blood$

Re: YOUR TOP 10 ALBUMS OF 2019
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2019, 10:39:42 PM »
Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana
Griselda - WWCD
The Game - Born 2 Rap
Cam'ron - Purple Haze 2
Kevin Gates - I'm Him
Jeezy - TM 104: The Legend of The Snowman
Rick Ross - Port of Miami 2
E-40 - Practice Makes Paper
Boogie - Everything's For Sale
YBN Cordae - Lost Boy

Honorable mentions / EPs:

Max B - House Money
Benny The Butcher - The Plugs I Met
Conway - Look What I Became
Mozzy & Tsu Surf - Blood Cuzzins
Mozzy - Internal Affairs
Young Dolph & Key Glock - Dum & Dummer
Dave East - Survival
Big K.R.I.T. - Krit Iz Here
Anderson .Paak - Ventura
Wiz Khalifa & Curren$y - 2009
Roddy Ricch - Please Excuse Me For Being Anti-Social

Iowa1

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2019, 08:59:09 AM »
1. Big KRIT - KRIT Iz Here
2. Earthgang - Mirrorland
3. Little Brother - May the Lord Watch
4. Game - Born 2 Rap
5. Anoyd / Static - Yuck
6. Comptons Most Wanted - Gangsta Bizness
7. Joell Ortiz / Fred Godson - Gorilla Glue
8. Bun B / Static - TrillStatic
9. Damiani / ill Camille - Harriett
10. Dreamville - ROTD 3

Runner Ups
- Joell Ortiz - Monday
- J Stone - Definition of Loyalty
- Robert Glasper - Fuck Your Feelings
- Terrace / Salaam - Northside... Westside...
- YBN Cordea - Lost Boy
- Schoolboy Q - Crash Talk

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2019, 10:04:25 AM »
gotta add game - born 2 rap somewhere in my top 5......

need to check the new mc eiht as well

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2020, 11:26:11 AM »
Don’t know why people have this obsession for new stuff when there’s always more older and better quality stuff to uncover.  Just think of it this way, ITunes and YouTube didn’t even exist in the rap golden age.  So think of all the great music you either didn’t have money for or didn’t hear on radio or otherwise passed around from friends or exposed to by word of mouth.  I only say that because once I post the music I listened to this year the inevitable response is like “haha Infinite you just now listenin to blah blah blah” but I guarantee there’s no way all of you could’ve given full attention to every quality release of the golden age.  There’s not even enough hours in the day and some may have not even been born when it was released.  So I say that to say this—while ya’ll was fuccin wit the inferior music from an inferior era above I gave my attention to uncovering more gems from the past...

O.G.C — The Storm
Gangstarr - Hard to Earn
Black Rob - Life Story
Soopafly - Dat Whoopty Woo
Heltah Skeltah - Knocturnal
Black Moon - Enta da Stage
Whodini - Back in Black
Nas - I Am
Rakim - 18th Letter
Noreaga - N.O.R.E

Same way with Sports really... I’d rather watch an old Tyson fight on YouTube then watch that shitty Anthony Joshua (A.J = Always Jab) Ruiz 2 fight that got a lot of press.  And if not for Pat Mahomes being with the Chiefs I would pretty much be done with the new NFL, NBA, and MLB I’d rather watch and old Bulls game from the 90’s or late 80’s Pistons/Lakers on Youtube
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Rudki

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2020, 05:55:02 AM »
Don’t know why people have this obsession for new stuff when there’s always more older and better quality stuff to uncover.  Just think of it this way, ITunes and YouTube didn’t even exist in the rap golden age.  So think of all the great music you either didn’t have money for or didn’t hear on radio or otherwise passed around from friends or exposed to by word of mouth.  I only say that because once I post the music I listened to this year the inevitable response is like “haha Infinite you just now listenin to blah blah blah” but I guarantee there’s no way all of you could’ve given full attention to every quality release of the golden age.  There’s not even enough hours in the day and some may have not even been born when it was released.  So I say that to say this—while ya’ll was fuccin wit the inferior music from an inferior era above I gave my attention to uncovering more gems from the past...

O.G.C — The Storm
Gangstarr - Hard to Earn
Black Rob - Life Story
Whodini - Back in Black
Nas - I Am
Rakim - 18th Letter
Noreaga - N.O.R.E

Same way with Sports really... I’d rather watch an old Tyson fight on YouTube then watch that shitty Anthony Joshua (A.J = Always Jab) Ruiz 2 fight that got a lot of press.  And if not for Pat Mahomes being with the Chiefs I would pretty much be done with the new NFL, NBA, and MLB I’d rather watch and old Bulls game from the 90’s or late 80’s Pistons/Lakers on Youtube

I do agree with you, but damn those Gems you mentioned I would have thought you would have heard them YEARS ago, I know you've been on this forum for ages like me lol.

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2020, 08:02:13 AM »

O.G.C — The Storm
Gangstarr - Hard to Earn
Black Rob - Life Story
Whodini - Back in Black
Nas - I Am
Rakim - 18th Letter
Noreaga - N.O.R.E

I do agree with you, but damn those Gems you mentioned I would have thought you would have heard them YEARS ago, I know you've been on this forum for ages like me lol.

exactly ..... sounds like he was so busy bumpin 96 death row that he missed out on all the great music we all already heard back then

so at this rate, in 2030 he guna be talkin bout “damn how did i miss that incredible gangstarr album from 2019???”

he’s simply a couple steps behind, cuz all the legends are still puttin out dope shit

and while i would agree wit the sentiment when it comes to bullshiit like blueface or 21 savage, you still got dope music bein put out by jayo felony, nas, e40, devin, suga free, ras kass, snoop etc... those are legends and not checkin for their shit means u ain’t a true fan. period.

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

HighEyeCue

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2020, 12:36:05 PM »

O.G.C — The Storm
Gangstarr - Hard to Earn
Black Rob - Life Story
Whodini - Back in Black
Nas - I Am
Rakim - 18th Letter
Noreaga - N.O.R.E

would have thought you had heard those Soopafly and Nas albums before, but they did come out after '96 ;D

bouli77

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2020, 05:10:38 PM »

O.G.C — The Storm
Gangstarr - Hard to Earn
Black Rob - Life Story
Whodini - Back in Black
Nas - I Am
Rakim - 18th Letter
Noreaga - N.O.R.E

exactly

doggfather

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2020, 03:29:47 AM »
Infinite Trapped in 1996 and lived under a rock...

sorry bro...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

The following users thanked this post: SuperSpider

dnjp4life

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2020, 03:53:16 AM »
I agree on the post about older rap to an extent (I got that Soopafly album last year too!).  I mean, only recently have I purchased and heard a Spice 1 album in full for the first time, and the majority of music I have bought over the past few years has been older releases, but I do balance it out by purchasing a few new albums too.

On this topic, I'm surprised no one has Tyler, the Creator's IGOR album listed in their top 10.  I thought it was a fantastic album and a strong highlight from last year.

Elko.

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2020, 03:37:20 PM »
I agree on the post about older rap to an extent (I got that Soopafly album last year too!).  I mean, only recently have I purchased and heard a Spice 1 album in full for the first time, and the majority of music I have bought over the past few years has been older releases, but I do balance it out by purchasing a few new albums too.

On this topic, I'm surprised no one has Tyler, the Creator's IGOR album listed in their top 10.  I thought it was a fantastic album and a strong highlight from last year.

IGOR is probably my favourite album from last year. I think it's his best album too, and I've been listening to him since Bastard.

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2020, 02:58:10 PM »
updated