Author Topic: Mel-Man “Shittin On The World” prompted a psychedelic experience—next level  (Read 701 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I’m a traveling English teacher, and long story short—not much access to drugs where I live at now (in fact they don’t even sell alcohol but I digress).

Not to be deterred... like the first man who pioneered across a particularly leafy green in the forest and found not all plants are for herbivores—my concoction was unexpected but took me on a trip all the same.

My Chiefs in the Super Bowl I took to watchin’ old Super Bowl footage and came across a particular gem from a particularly great year in world history.. the 96’Steelers Cowboys game—much better and closer a game than I remembered.  Long story short Steelers had finally diagnosed and overpowered the ‘Boys and were poised to take the game late in the 4th when O’Donnel through an ill advised pick 6 (okay tackled at the 1 but same difference) and that put an end to the comeback...

So after that I laid down to sleep and put a particular song on from that same year—1996—a largely forgotten track from a largely forgotten about album.  Well, forgotten about but most, but certainly not by me.  The song was on low and on repeat as I fell into a deep and meditative sleep and that’s when the psychedelic trip took flight...

This track is so next level and ahead of its time.  In my sleep I was time traveling back to 1996... waiting for moms in the parking lot (remember when you were a kid and you used to have to wait in the car while your mom went in the store or whatever)... well anyway there I was left waiting in the parking lot and so nothing to do but rest my head upon the bass of the trunk... and I heard about a dozen versions of Mel-Mans track each one was iller than the previous mix... it was Mel-Man chopped and screwed, Mel-Man chopped and twisted, Mel-Man on chicken shit-tip, Mel-Man radio, instrumental, club, South, East, West—-all types of alternate and exclusive versions of the same track “Shittin On The World” all more banging then the next... the parking lot became some psychedelic hang out spot where I received visits from celebs like Dr Dre (and Mel-Man himself), my Aunt Margarat (not a celeb) and a host of cast and characters from my 13-14 year old life in 96...

During the techno club version of the track the parking lot even converted to some Afro-beat club-like scene with honies with hella back tryna get at me but I couldn’t remove my head from the boomin speaker in the trunk long enough to get at her...I was in such a zone the track was speaking to me...in the ether of the netherworld of alternate Universe 96’... the track was communicating with my soul... in bizzare ways....it was the Corn Fields in Field of Dreams... it was an alien abduction scene from a sci-fi movie... calling me to come home... home to 96!!!!

...Infinite trapped in 1996 has spoken!!!!!

« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 07:14:00 PM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

KOBE...A WEST COAST LEGEND AND GLOBAL ICON...THE GUY WHO EPITOMIZED THE HEART OF LOS ANGELES MORE THAN ANY1 TO EVER LIVE DIED.

AND THIS IS ALL U HAVE TO SAY? A POST ABOUT A MUTHAFUCKIN MEL-MAN JOINT FROM 1996??????????

DAMN BRO.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
KOBE...A WEST COAST LEGEND AND GLOBAL ICON...THE GUY WHO EPITOMIZED THE HEART OF LOS ANGELES MORE THAN ANY1 TO EVER LIVE DIED.

AND THIS IS ALL U HAVE TO SAY? A POST ABOUT A MUTHAFUCKIN MEL-MAN JOINT FROM 1996??????????

DAMN BRO.

Bro I don't live in 2020, I don't stay up on stuff in that way... I am Infinite Trapped in 1996--and you know this... I'd be more likely to be watching an old Bulls/Lakers game from the mid-90's then I would to be watching some coverage of the Kobe Bryant tragedy...

but still... RIP for sure.. and I will drop in the main thread on this...
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

DAMN BRO.

Bro I don't live in 2020, I don't stay up on stuff in that way... I am Infinite Trapped in 1996--and you know this... I'd be more likely to be watching an old Bulls/Lakers game from the mid-90's then I would to be watching some coverage of the Kobe Bryant tragedy...

but still... RIP for sure.. and I will drop in the main thread on this...

i read your story .. that’s pretty dope