DUBCC - Tha Connection > Outbound Connection

EMINEM - MUSIC TO BE MURDERED BY (Official Discussion)

(1/13) > >>

Sccit:
SURPRISE ALBUM JUS DROPPED

--- End quote ---

https://smarturl.it/MTBMB

doggfather:
What a featuring list!

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96':
Yeah I just saw this too.  Seems with digital media now Em’s gone the opposite extreme... the old system of building anticipation months before the album with like street single (“Just Don’t Give A Fuck”) then radio single (“My Name Is”) magazine features, promo shows, street teams etc all building a buzz for a big release date—has been replaced with—surprise releases.

Which is cool I mean he doesn’t have much of a choice, so it’s an interesting way to go about it.  I remember being depressed my Freshman year of high school 96-97 sitting in Math class—after Pac had died, Suge locked up, Snoop bricked with Doggfather and to pass the time in Math class I would invent releases in my head, like a Kurupt solo or some shit like that and imagine they’d just shocked the game and released it on a Tuesday without any promotion.  I’d imagine the sound and impact of it, sales, and so on.   

(As a side note Kuruption was released like nearly two years later on a label other than Death Row And aside from lead single and a few bangers it was largely disappointing considering I’d already over-hyped it in my head long before)

I guess Em felt he was victim to unrealistic expectations and prefers surprise releases

.:Hercy Buggz:.:
Dr.Dre's hands are all over this ✊🏼👌🏽

Lucifuge:
Is it any good?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version