Author Topic: EMINEM - MUSIC TO BE MURDERED BY (Official Discussion)  (Read 3841 times)

HighEyeCue

Re: EMINEM - MUSIC TO BE MURDERER BY (Official Discussion)
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2020, 10:46:54 AM »
gonna have to give this a spin because of the Dre tracks plus Crooked and Royce

not expecting anything from Em unfortunately

The Predator

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2020, 01:51:22 PM »
That Kam track is raw.
Seems like the concept on Em's new album originated from the Alfred Hitchcock sample on that song.

11. Stepdad (Intro)
Produced by Dr. Dre
Mixed by Dr. Dre

^ Those whacks, beats by Dre   ;D

Yay Yay - Q-Tip seems to be enjoying his recent role as a hook master, Em ripped his verse.

I Will - Liveliest hip-hop beat on the album, Em throwing props to the ol skool whilst mopping the floor with Lord Jamar at the same time. Em's whole verse was ill...

Now this will probably be the most illest shyt that I've ever said
God bless the dead and let Biggie possess the pencil lead
They called me a sped and said that I had a messed up head
'Cause I said motherfukk school and instead went to special ed
Sippin' Bacardi and lime I start to recollect on the time
That I startled my mom and had her scared to death
Word to Method Man
She heard some Wu-Tang coming from towards the patio
She was like, "What the heck was that?"
She went to check on the noise and go inspect the deck
Then I jumped out with a sword and yelled, "Protect your neck"
Now bow to the Lord, hold up, no, better yet, kneel
Better yet, get down on all fours and take a vow to always
Rejoice in the sound of my voice, bytch, you don't have a choice
Just a third of my will will overpower yours
Using about a fourth to create the amount of force
It'll take to knock out a horse like a tranq full of Tylen— or
Enter my house of whores with a thousand floors
Got a crown of thorns, but it won't fit around the horns
But I'ma keep it a buck like a dollar store
I'm more than you bargained for and I am far more worse
Than a fourty-some bar Lord Jamar verse
Nothing means more than respect, so when I curse
You could say I swore to protect
My image I have zero time or regard for
I never was, been claiming rap when it's not yours
If it was anyone's house G Rap and Rakim would be havin' you mop floors
Run-DMC would be havin' you cleanin' sinks
Yeah, your group was off the chain, but you were the weakest link

Rest of these youngins of mine
Time to start throwing some shade, this time I'm shutting the blinds
'Cause when I'm looking at y'all, shyt, it's no wonder it's why
I need a visor, 'cause y'all are just suns in my eyes
Born a cynic and more demented than an orphanage with a morgue up in it
Next door to an abortion clinic
Newborn infants tortured and tormented
With their foreheads dented when they drop 'cause the floor's cemented
Their corpses get ornamented
The corner where the store has been rented
To store them in and the torsos of forty women reported missin'
Distorted, twisted, this isn't no storybook ending
This is only the beginning
So Lord forgive me, Im hearing voices
I can't ignore them anymore, they're winning

As expected...

Eminem faces backlash after comparing himself to Manchester Arena bomber

Relatives hit back at ‘disrespectful’ rapper over lyrics referring to terror attack

Eminem has been criticised after comparing himself to the Manchester Arena suicide bomber.

His track Unaccommodating, taken from his new album Music to Be Murdered By, includes controversial lyrics that appear to make light of the 2017 terror attack. Twenty-two people were murdered as they left an Ariana Grande concert after Salman Abedi detonated a bomb in the foyer of the music venue.

In the track, the star raps: “But I’m contemplating yelling ‘bombs away’ on the game / Like I’m outside of an Ariana Grande concert waiting.”

Hours after its release, the musician faced a backlash on social media. The mother of 15-year-old Charlotte Hodgson, who died in the attack, called the track “disgusting” and “disrespectful”.

Meanwhile, Figen Murray, whose 29-year-old son Martyn Hett died in the attack, called the song “pointless”.

“Feels like he is piggybacking on the fame of Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber and says distasteful things about other celebrities,” she wrote on Twitter. “Not clever. Totally pointless. And before all Eminem fans pounce on me, I am not interested and will not engage.”

Murray has campaigned for the introduction of Martyn’s Law, which would require venues to introduce more stringent security checks.

Elkan Abrahamson, a solicitor for several of the bereaved families, said: “Eminem is a traitor to his talent; this is disrespectful, unwarranted and needlessly cruel.”

Others agreed, with many Twitter users saying they were disgusted by the lyrics and that it was “a pathetic attempt to get attention”.

“I am disgusted how did he or his team think this was okay? He’s trash,” one user wrote. Another said: “The fact that Eminem made a joke about the Manchester attack in his song makes me sick. He can’t get out of this one. He fully said her name and can’t deny it at all. Disgusting. How insensitive do you have to be to say something like this.”

One user called on the rapper to show some respect to those who had died and been injured: “This is so messed up! Many people (mostly children) were injured at this concert and some even lost their lives, and he thinks it’s OK to put this lyric in a song? @Eminem maybe try and have a little respect, and don’t use a terrorist attack to gain clout.”

The mayor of Greater Manchester, Andy Burnham, said: “This is unnecessarily hurtful and deeply disrespectful to the families and all those affected.”

It is the second time the rapper has referenced the Manchester arena bombing in his lyrics. In a 2018 freestyle battle rap, with a spoken caveat at the beginning that “nothing’s off limits” to get a reaction from the crowd, he rapped:

“Squashed in between a brainwashing machine

Like an Islamic regime, a jihadist extreme radical

Suicide bomber that’s seeing

Ariana Grande sing her last song of the evening

And as the audience from the damn concert is leaving

Detonates the device strapped to his abdominal region

I’m not gonna finish that, for obvious reasons”

Elsewhere in Unaccommodating, he compares himself to Saddam Hussein and Ayatollah Khomeini, and also references the September 11 attacks.

The album is the musician’s 11th full-length release, and his third album in three years. It features guest stars including Ed Sheeran, Q-Tip and late rapper Juice WRLD, who died aged 21 in December.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 02:00:20 PM by The Predator »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2020, 02:07:11 PM »
I’m sorry but I know these young kids are impressed by how fast Em can rap but doesn’t matter to me.  Em has pretty much done all he can do, it’s a miracle he pulled off MMLP2 so late in his career and cuts like “guts over fear” but now he’s gained a new generation of fans cause I think they are awed by his skill I guess... but maybe it’s hard for older fans to be awed cause he’s done everything he can do in the game

Starts off well but ended up being another Revival. I didn’t like the Kamikazee album either, btw

« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 02:10:56 PM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2020, 05:07:41 PM »
I’m sorry but I know these young kids are impressed by how fast Em can rap but doesn’t matter to me.  Em has pretty much done all he can do, it’s a miracle he pulled off MMLP2 so late in his career and cuts like “guts over fear” but now he’s gained a new generation of fans cause I think they are awed by his skill I guess... but maybe it’s hard for older fans to be awed cause he’s done everything he can do in the game

Starts off well but ended up being another Revival. I didn’t like the Kamikazee album either, btw

actually eminem been catching a lota heat from rap fans for his last few albums

haven’t heard this one yet tho

Duck Duck Doggy

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2020, 07:26:00 PM »
Probably his best album since Relapse. Some vintage Em on here with tracks like stepdad and darkness
You gon learn
No regrets
Godzilla

I really dig the artwork and overall Hitchcock influences

Disappointed in Dre’s participation

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2020, 05:12:21 AM »
Probably his best album since Relapse. Some vintage Em on here with tracks like stepdad and darkness
You gon learn
No regrets
Godzilla

No way it’s better than MMLP2.  Not as good as Recovery.  And belongs among the worst or second to worst of career.  I forced myself to listen to Lost Tapes 2 in denial for a week I’m not forcing this one... I gave it one serious listen and it’s already out of my rotation.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Duck Duck Doggy

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2020, 08:50:34 AM »
You gon learn
No regrets
Godzilla

No way it’s better than MMLP2.  Not as good as Recovery.  And belongs among the worst or second to worst of career.  I forced myself to listen to Lost Tapes 2 in denial for a week I’m not forcing this one... I gave it one serious listen and it’s already out of my rotation.

Your only hurting yourself with that stubbornness. It’s actually a quality album. When did he ever make a track like Stepdad on Recovery? It sounds like a track right off SSLP. Don’t listen to it if you don’t want to....maybe you’re meant to appreciate in 20 years like all the 90s albums lol

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2020, 09:52:27 AM »
You gon learn
No regrets
Godzilla

i thought u said lost tapes 2 was a classic tho

that’s a pretty big jump, from being classic to now sucking

i actually thought lost tapes 2 was bland when i first heard it, but it grew on me big time

Jay_J

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2020, 01:28:42 PM »

i almost agree all that you wrote, except Kamikaze. it was a good one. ringer, lucky you, stepping stone,
venom were jointz for old fans.

mmlp2 was also an album which satisfied both old and new fans.

but music to be murdered by sounds like another revival.

and dre is not able to push artist to next level. he even does opposite, he pulls the potential down... thats what happened on Oxnard with Paak. thats why he wanted to relase another album so quick and didnt let dre involved in it. yeah i mean Ventura. Kendrick also doesnt let Dre to pull him down. everybody is waiting for a Kendrick album produced by Dr. Dre but it would be a big disapointment and kendrick knows it, smart boy.

dem jointz and focus might be good musicians and geniuses but their and dre's chemistry didnt fit each other.

Sccit

EMINEM - MUSIC TO BE MURDERED BY (Official Discussion)
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2020, 03:48:20 PM »

i almost agree all that you wrote, except Kamikaze. it was a good one. ringer, lucky you, stepping stone,

and dre is not able to push artist to next level. he even does opposite, he pulls the potential down... thats what happened on Oxnard with Paak. thats why he wanted to relase another album so quick and didnt let dre involved in it. yeah i mean Ventura. Kendrick also doesnt let Dre to pull him down. everybody is waiting for a Kendrick album produced by Dr. Dre but it would be a big disapointment and kendrick knows it, smart boy.

dem jointz and focus might be good musicians and geniuses but their and dre's chemistry didnt fit each other.

this is misinformation

oxnard and ventura were planned like that ahead of time

oxnard was to be the rap album and ventura the soul album

because paak is not a natural rapper, oxnard didn’t come out as good (tho it was not a bad project)

but it had absolutely nothin to do with dres production and everything to do wit paak bein naturally more of a singer than a rapper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2020, 05:25:39 PM »
You gon learn
No regrets
Godzilla

Your only hurting yourself with that stubbornness. It’s actually a quality album. When did he ever make a track like Stepdad on Recovery? It sounds like a track right off SSLP. Don’t listen to it if you don’t want to....maybe you’re meant to appreciate in 20 years like all the 90s albums lol

Really?  You’re holding up “Stepdad” as a great track?  A rapper pushing 50 whining about his “stepdad” and “you put your dick in my mom”.  Isn’t Em a little old for that?  And hey, I’m not policing em’s music if the track was dope and had heart I’d still bump it like I did similar narratives like “Revelations” on D12 first album or “Sing For the Moment” on Eminem show but “Stepdad” hardly compares.

As for me discovering the greatness of this album 20 years from now you are forgetting one thing—I’ve always been ahead of the curve when it came to Em, not behind.  I was supporting Em summer of 98’ when all I knew was he was a white rapper from Detroit who signed with Dre—and I was bumpin “Just Don’t Give A Fuck” on repeat months before “My Name Is” ever came out and I met Eminem at a small arena concert way back in Spring 99’ when I had to go to the concert by myself cause all my friends thought he was gonna be a one hit wonder Vanilla Ice.

And it’s also not just a case of me being tied to his 99-2002 prime—because I loved and supported MMLP2 and consider “Guts Over Fear” to be one of his greatest tracks ever.

Could I be wrong? Yes.  Because apparently a lot of headz are still givin props to Kamikaze and after all I am — Infinite Trapped in 1996 — which means I am admittedly stuck in the past so fucc it, it is what it iz... but I ain’t the one havin’ orgasms at U-2 concerts or abandoning hiphop for periods of my life to go fishing and listen to Dave Mathews Band with frat boys

Duck Duck Doggy

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
Re: EMINEM - MUSIC TO BE MURDERED BY (Official Discussion)
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2020, 05:37:08 PM »
When did I abandon hip hop to go fishing with frat boys and listen to Dave Matthews band ROFL
U2? I think u2 is corny as hell
Classic infinite post LOL

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Sccit

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2020, 05:51:03 PM »
lmfao @ having orgasms at u2 concerts and goin on fishing trips with dave matthew band fanatics

Jay_J

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2020, 04:55:35 AM »

this is misinformation

because paak is not a natural rapper, oxnard didn’t come out as good (tho it was not a bad project)

but it had absolutely nothin to do with dres production and everything to do wit paak bein naturally more of a singer than a rapper

Paak said that he told dre he wants to executive produce his next album with his own way and dre answered "ok you are ready to fly on your own wings lets see what you can do".

If dre was involved in venture, it was going to fail somehow. Without dre, paak is able to put his potential on ventura. Paak knew it. Kendrick knows it.

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2020, 11:09:50 AM »

this is misinformation

Paak said that he told dre he wants to executive produce his next album with his own way and dre answered "ok you are ready to fly on your own wings lets see what you can do".

If dre was involved in venture, it was going to fail somehow. Without dre, paak is able to put his potential on ventura. Paak knew it. Kendrick knows it.

you literally have no idea what u talkin bout

it was planned like that from the beginning .. one rap album by dre and one soul album by paak

believe me

The following users thanked this post: Okka