Author Topic: Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle Deluxe Pack (Fan MIX/HQ)  (Read 2072 times)

Sccit

Re: Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle Deluxe Pack (Fan MIX/HQ)
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2020, 09:01:34 PM »
so why isn’t the song doggystyle on this?

Jay_J

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2020, 11:48:37 PM »

Jay_J

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2020, 11:49:27 PM »

Sorry i didnt understand what you meant Sccit

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2020, 11:57:29 PM »

The actual title track for Doggystyle which didnt make the album & good job on this  8)

Jay_J

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2020, 12:38:04 AM »

The actual title track for Doggystyle which didnt make the album & good job on this  8)

I think it sounds very similar to "Whats my name" in production. Bpm, groove, structure, even featurings... I think its planned for lead single of the album. Than they did whats my name and it sounded better than Doggystyle to use for first single and promotion. And they didnt want a weaker song named same with album title. Dre knows better. But i agree thats really a banger.

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2020, 01:35:53 PM »
Good Job!

Thanks for sharing !

The Predator

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2020, 12:43:09 AM »
Props on all the extra toppings, if ya going to do another one - do The Chronic Deluxe next.

Jay_J

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2020, 04:17:42 AM »
Props on all the extra toppings, if ya going to do another one - do The Chronic Deluxe next.

Sure i like to, i will do it.

what about "the last meal deluxe editon" too?

The following users thanked this post: The Predator, doggfather, Sccit

dj coma

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2020, 08:28:27 PM »

I think it sounds very similar to "Whats my name" in production. Bpm, groove, structure, even featurings... I think its planned for lead single of the album. Than they did whats my name and it sounded better than Doggystyle to use for first single and promotion. And they didnt want a weaker song named same with album title. Dre knows better. But i agree thats really a banger.

Little known fact, "Can't C Me" was originally intended to be a Doggystyle track (before it became a Helter Skelter track). It sounds even closer to "What's My Name" than "Doggystyle" does.

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2020, 08:40:09 PM »

Little known fact, "Can't C Me" was originally intended to be a Doggystyle track (before it became a Helter Skelter track). It sounds even closer to "What's My Name" than "Doggystyle" does.

THOUGHT IT WAS ORIGINALLY A DOGG POUND SONG

dj coma

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2020, 09:30:50 PM »

They did a version but theirs wasn't the first one. The fact that it was originally a Doggystyle track only came to light in recent years, but it's confirmed by Nancy Fletcher, Carl Butch Small, and George Clinton. Carl Butch Small was the first person I heard say it was a Doggystyle track and I figured he was confused. Then I heard Nancy and George say it separately as well so it must be true. It's unclear if Snoop recorded vocals for it as Nancy said it was only her, Dre, and George Clinton in the studio when the track was first created.

These are the versions I know of, in order:
1. Snoop version - The very first version. Intended for Doggystyle.
2. Ice Cube & Dre version - Intended for Helter Skelter. Mentioned by Dre & Cube in interviews discussing the album.
3. Dogg Pound version - Dogg Pound got on the track once Helter Skelter got scrapped
4. 2Pac version

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2020, 09:36:06 PM »

They did a version but theirs wasn't the first one. The fact that it was originally a Doggystyle track only came to light in recent years, but it's confirmed by Nancy Fletcher, Carl Butch Small, and George Clinton. Carl Butch Small was the first person I heard say it was a Doggystyle track and I figured he was confused. Then I heard Nancy and George say it separately as well so it must be true. It's unclear if Snoop recorded vocals for it as Nancy said it was only her, Dre, and George Clinton in the studio when the track was first created.

These are the versions I know of, in order:
1. Snoop version - The very first version. Intended for Doggystyle.
2. Ice Cube & Dre version - Intended for Helter Skelter. Mentioned by Dre & Cube in interviews discussing the album.
3. Dogg Pound version - Dogg Pound got on the track once Helter Skelter got scrapped
4. 2Pac version

YEA ITS TOO SIMILAR TO WHO AM I TO BE ON THAT ALBUM

WOULDA LIKED TO HEAR DRE N CUBE ON IT THO

Marco

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2020, 09:48:29 PM »
do you remember = doggystyle?

Actually it was recorded for "Over The Counter" album which is cancelled. it was going to be snoop debut album in death row but they canceled it and waited for 93 to finish doggystyle, so i think we can consider it as a doggystyle leftover, its produced for snoop's debut album whatever it's name is.

"Over The Counter" is a fake bootleg made up by some fan. We all know it's not real. "Do You Remember" is from '98. He says it in the song.

Yeah, this shit is fake. Big debate about this ages ago and Snoop was asked about it and said it wasn't real. But there are some real old tracks from him on this and there's also some old DR tracks floating about from Foesum or something like that.
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

k1000

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2020, 01:46:46 AM »
Carl Butch Small was the first person I heard say it was a Doggystyle track

who is he however?

dnjp4life

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2020, 03:01:19 AM »
Carl 'Butch' Small is a producer/session musician involved in a lot of the beats produced on many albums on Death Row Records.  His speciality was percussion, according to Top Dogg.