Author Topic: Watch Dr. Dre-Produced All-Star Weekend Tribute to Kobe Bryant  (Read 2108 times)

Sccit

Re: Watch Dr. Dre-Produced All-Star Weekend Tribute to Kobe Bryant
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2020, 10:12:49 AM »
y’all must be deaf+blind or have no respect for kobe

that shit was sick as fuck and perfectly produced

best tribute yet .. by far

Take Dres dick out of your ear you cheerleading clown. Shits wack just like everything else your graven image of an idol has been dropping for years but of course the deaf, dumb and blind can't see that...

CUE CAPITAL LETTERS, CRYING FACE AND SPURIOUS JUSTIFICATIONS ALL ROUND.

an extremely well put together kobe tribute is “whack” says the angry mormon from utah

:tupachappy:

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2020, 10:14:45 AM »
its a tribute and yall wanna hear a full track ? full track of what ? its a full track tribute and a good one for me.

it’s mostly the euros (and 1 weird cac) .. not enough g-funk synths and whistles during the montage

Jay_J

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2020, 10:24:27 AM »
let me drop an info for u...

I just talked to Blu2th who is the new guy in Dr. Dre's musician team. he is credited in songs produced by dr. dre in Em's new album.

i asked him "Do you think we should wait for a Dr. Dre solo album?".. he replied "Dre albums are never really solo. But YES."
oh shit for real?

%100.

D-TalkX

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2020, 01:30:19 PM »
People hate just to hate....it's a tribute video....it's dope...

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

SuperSpider

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2020, 12:22:12 AM »

Hyping up mediocre content is why more and more mediocre content is being pushed these days (overall, not just Dre specifically). You do you, but it is what it is, not everyone is impressed by low effort releases.

The following users thanked this post:

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2020, 04:15:09 AM »

Hyping up mediocre content is why more and more mediocre content is being pushed these days (overall, not just Dre specifically). You do you, but it is what it is, not everyone is impressed by low effort releases.

Jeeeahhh </MC Eiht voice>

Groupies running round, bending down on both they knees like hoes to please Dr "Legend of the fall off" D.R.E who went from Top 10 to not mentioned at all. Shits wack, Dre lost his groove a long time ago and anyone who is being real knows that the bar set by his old work is so far above all of the subpar mehtastic releases that followed.

goodyoung

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2020, 04:45:17 AM »

Jeeeahhh </MC Eiht voice>

Groupies running round, bending down on both they knees like hoes to please Dr "Legend of the fall off" D.R.E who went from Top 10 to not mentioned at all. Shits wack, Dre lost his groove a long time ago and anyone who is being real knows that the bar set by his old work is so far above all of the subpar mehtastic releases that followed.
I hated Compton and his beats on Paak's album are some of his worst but this shit right here is fire. The first beat is his best in 10 years

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2020, 09:29:00 AM »
Thats my point, Dre is pulling an okedoke because he's got you so used to wack shit that when you hear some slightly less wack shit you get geeked up.

Had you heard this in 2002 you'd be "Oh, Dre fell off" as you span your replica G Unit piece and shuffled along the street in your True Religion boot cut jeans screaming "G G G G G G G Unit!".

Sure the programming is nice but Dre has always had good drums, even on that Compton weedplate, but sonically the production is lackluster which means Dre is working by himself as all of his melodies always come from someone else. Shits wack froggie. Fuck what Ali G says.

Kurupt1607

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2020, 09:51:17 AM »
Nice tribute video and dope beat i'm feeling it, wish i could hear a full instrumental version.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2020, 10:15:51 AM »
this mormon cac is trying way too hard, hating on a tribute video made for a dead GOAT

who raised you bruh?

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2020, 11:05:44 AM »
this mormon cac is trying way too hard, hating on a tribute video made for a dead GOAT

who raised you bruh?

I'm being nice to you because I know you're going through hard times but the facts are the facts. Dre fell off with Compton, which you agreed is worse than Aftermath Presents and we all know that was a weedplate. Every single leak, placement or tribute like this has just shown that the Dre of old is long gone.

Don't get mad cos I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be. takethattakethattakethat

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2020, 03:04:38 PM »

who raised you bruh?

I'm being nice to you because I know you're going through hard times but the facts are the facts. Dre fell off with Compton, which you agreed is worse than Aftermath Presents and we all know that was a weedplate. Every single leak, placement or tribute like this has just shown that the Dre of old is long gone.

Don't get mad cos I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be. takethattakethattakethat

never said aftermath presents was better than compton ..... and aftermath presents was actually dope.

now u just makin stuff up.

dexter

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2020, 03:11:32 PM »

who raised you bruh?

BOTTOM B*tch

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2020, 03:57:22 PM »

who raised you bruh?

never said aftermath presents was better than compton ..... and aftermath presents was actually dope.

Pretty sure you did:

IMO, the truth is that Dre has been retired for yeeears but came out of retirement to drop "Compton" because he was inspired by the movie, but musically he was clearly inspired by Kendrick.  And "Compton" was just poorly conceived from the get go.  You see, "The Chronic" and "2001" were amazing to a large degree because they revolutionized the musical sound of hip hop when they dropped.  In contrast, "Compton" didn't revolutionize anything -- it was just Dr. Dre trying to do a Kendrick Lamar album.  As soon as Dre conceived that approach to "Compton" somebody around him like Jimmy Iovine should have squashed it.  But I figure Interscope didn't promote the album because they knew it wasn't anything special, so they just decided to drop it and let it breath or die organically without a big push.

I think of Dre as the Michael Jordan of hip hop.  And both their solo careers can be seen as equivalent in many respects:

MJ up until he started winning championships was an athletic marvel, but if you remember, the jury was still out on whether he could win a championship = Dre up until Death Row (a phenomenal producer, but the jury was still out on whether he could do it on his own without a crew like NWA)

"The Chronic" = MJ's first three-peat   ... both guys prove definitively that they are the best in the game and can't be touched

Dre leaves Death Row, experiences some turbulence with Aftermath Presents album = MJ's baseball fiasco, coming bacc out of shape to lose to the Magic in '95.  Doubters start to raise their voices.

"2001" = MJ's second three-peat ... Their game style has changed but they again ascend bacc to the mountain top and change the game yet again

"Compton" = MJ on the Washington Wizards ... They both come out of retirement, pretty much washed up and a shell of themselves, if you squint hard enough you can see flashes of their former greatness, but they can't pull it off like they used to anymore

----

Does "Compton," a forgetable Kendrick derivation with unmemorable lyrics and a "hopping on the bandwagon" production style hurt Dre's legacy?  Not for me.  When all is said and done, very few people will look bacc and even mention "Compton" -- it will be a footnote in Dre's career recap column, just as MJ's two years on the Wizards were.

Excellent analogy that sums it all up perfectly, great. Thing is some people are just full on groupie mode for Dre and can't see/hear the truth when it right in front of them and that is that this album has Dre sounding washed on so many levels. As I mentioned his sneaking it out alongside SOC to attempt to piggyback the hype whilst simultaneously hiding its release shows his lack of faith in it as we're talking about "Dre the perfectionist who records a 100 takes, picks the best one, compiles an album and then shelves it because its not up to his impeccable standards" here and this weedplate was just a sacrifice album to clear Detox out of the system as it had served its billion dollar unicorn purpose, hence the Compton sacrifice album.

i like your analogy, but id say compton is like a wilt on the lakers .. not at his best, no longer revolutionizing the game, but still delivered.

Just let it go, one man army of stans, let it go  ;D We get it, Dre could release a blank CD and you'd be all up on how revolutionary and well mixed it was and how we were just behind on game and not smart enough to appreciate what he's saying  ;)

Or thereabouts

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2020, 05:22:19 PM »

who raised you bruh?

Pretty sure you did:

IMO, the truth is that Dre has been retired for yeeears but came out of retirement to drop "Compton" because he was inspired by the movie, but musically he was clearly inspired by Kendrick.  And "Compton" was just poorly conceived from the get go.  You see, "The Chronic" and "2001" were amazing to a large degree because they revolutionized the musical sound of hip hop when they dropped.  In contrast, "Compton" didn't revolutionize anything -- it was just Dr. Dre trying to do a Kendrick Lamar album.  As soon as Dre conceived that approach to "Compton" somebody around him like Jimmy Iovine should have squashed it.  But I figure Interscope didn't promote the album because they knew it wasn't anything special, so they just decided to drop it and let it breath or die organically without a big push.

I think of Dre as the Michael Jordan of hip hop.  And both their solo careers can be seen as equivalent in many respects:

MJ up until he started winning championships was an athletic marvel, but if you remember, the jury was still out on whether he could win a championship = Dre up until Death Row (a phenomenal producer, but the jury was still out on whether he could do it on his own without a crew like NWA)

"The Chronic" = MJ's first three-peat   ... both guys prove definitively that they are the best in the game and can't be touched

Dre leaves Death Row, experiences some turbulence with Aftermath Presents album = MJ's baseball fiasco, coming bacc out of shape to lose to the Magic in '95.  Doubters start to raise their voices.

"2001" = MJ's second three-peat ... Their game style has changed but they again ascend bacc to the mountain top and change the game yet again

"Compton" = MJ on the Washington Wizards ... They both come out of retirement, pretty much washed up and a shell of themselves, if you squint hard enough you can see flashes of their former greatness, but they can't pull it off like they used to anymore

----

Does "Compton," a forgetable Kendrick derivation with unmemorable lyrics and a "hopping on the bandwagon" production style hurt Dre's legacy?  Not for me.  When all is said and done, very few people will look bacc and even mention "Compton" -- it will be a footnote in Dre's career recap column, just as MJ's two years on the Wizards were.

Excellent analogy that sums it all up perfectly, great. Thing is some people are just full on groupie mode for Dre and can't see/hear the truth when it right in front of them and that is that this album has Dre sounding washed on so many levels. As I mentioned his sneaking it out alongside SOC to attempt to piggyback the hype whilst simultaneously hiding its release shows his lack of faith in it as we're talking about "Dre the perfectionist who records a 100 takes, picks the best one, compiles an album and then shelves it because its not up to his impeccable standards" here and this weedplate was just a sacrifice album to clear Detox out of the system as it had served its billion dollar unicorn purpose, hence the Compton sacrifice album.

i like your analogy, but id say compton is like a wilt on the lakers .. not at his best, no longer revolutionizing the game, but still delivered.

Just let it go, one man army of stans, let it go  ;D We get it, Dre could release a blank CD and you'd be all up on how revolutionary and well mixed it was and how we were just behind on game and not smart enough to appreciate what he's saying  ;)

Or thereabouts

u spent all that time diggin and still couldnt find it lmao