Author Topic: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17  (Read 129513 times)

Sccit

Re: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17
« Reply #885 on: September 19, 2021, 11:33:28 AM »
What I think is that as new producers with a new unique sound they then give all their best beats of this new sound and concepts to Dre - the credit for the new sound then goes to Dre and they get listed as co-producers or musicians with minimal credit. Once that new sound now becomes the new normal to the public, having been used to it multiple times (e.g. Scott Storch eastern influence on - 50s candy shop, 50's just a little bit , Fat Joe - lean back etc) It now sounds dated when Dre has moved onto the next sound - Dre tries new things, some of which works some that doesn't.
We already know early death row era was Warren G, Daz, for the G funk sound, Bud'da, Sam Sneed & Erotic D type sound for the end of the Row days, Mel-man for aftermath beginnings, Then Scott Storch sound at the Peak and now Focus and Dj Khalil are his current sound. No real hits anymore just living off the name now as there is nothing game changing or new sounding anymore that he can find

Also for producers, finding the right sample, and continually making hits trying to outdo or match your last record when you are not really classically trained relying on mpc and sampling only - not really that easy once you make 10-12 similar sounding songs already. So their later works are bound to sound worse unless they drastically switch up their style completely. What producer isn't releasing trash now living off their past hits and name?  All the top rap  producers of my generation I can't remember their last hits now but they are all still around. Timbaland, JR Rotem, Lil Jon, Jazze Pha, Mannie Fresh, Beats by the Pound, Swizz, Look a the trash Kanye just put out!

lmao this is an extreme underestimation of what dre does brodie

jerseymike

« Reply #886 on: September 19, 2021, 12:16:08 PM »
I think you're really overhyping a lot of Detox.  I'm sure there were some 10/10 classics but there would have been a LOT of really bad songs. Psycho(Good Things Commerical beat and song featuring 50 Cent) was originally a Detox song and the hook on that would have been the biggest stain on Dre's legacy to date.

Either way I am very optimistic about this album.

psycho is like a 4/10 at best compared to real detox stuff and psycho was never actually on any version of detox, it was just a leftover from that time, same as 50 x trey - smoke, it was originally dre ft akon but it wasnt a classic song/better than other smoke/weed related songs they made so dre scrapped it and gave it to 50 and 50 put trey on it instead even though akon was singing the same lyrics lol. im definitely not overhyping it. from all the info i have and songs i heard from it, the wait would've been worth it if i wasnt for the yes men around dre but nothing we can do about that now since most the og detox crew is gone and its just new guys now.

jerseymike

« Reply #887 on: September 19, 2021, 12:21:53 PM »
Jake One made the beat. Did he actually produce the song though?
jake one didnt produce the song in that sense cuz hes obviously giving the beat to dre and dre would decide on the direction of the song but jake one is still a producer. dre does that with all his main detox producers - jake one, just blaze, dj khalil etc, they still get with dre and produce the song together.

and just as a side note dj khalil had THE best beat on detox, bar none. it was classic khalil sound from that 2005-2011 era, shit was ridiculous. kush, topless, turn me on, couldve been you, this is detox and mr prescription are all dj khalil too but even though theyre all 10/10 fire imo, the detox beat by khalil was even more insane, makes all those beats sound like a 5/10. 
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 12:27:49 PM by jerseymike »

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Proc pka KP

« Reply #888 on: September 19, 2021, 03:20:58 PM »
Why is that relevant?  I don't remember you telling the world the last time you saw Dre. The guy has some contact, but obviously that contact is only partially reliable.

Relevant because Dre is wishy washy. Things change second by second.

thegooddoc

« Reply #889 on: September 20, 2021, 08:47:55 PM »
Relevant because Dre is wishy washy. Things change second by second.

I don't think you know what relevant means. 

lakersalltheway

« Reply #890 on: September 21, 2021, 01:06:29 AM »
Let's just be real. Dre's appeal is and has always been hard beats and the best delivery in the game. That's long gone. His insecure ass traded that for trying to mimic Sly 7 years ago.

Go back to his verse in Bitch Please II. Never happening again. Only chance he had was with Kobe/Khalil in the Topless era. He let this type of momentum go after a few leaks and panicked:

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte, mtbsm

Orbyte

« Reply #891 on: September 21, 2021, 04:19:16 AM »
Everytime I hear a T.I. track I immediately realize why I'm not feeling dre's delivery on the detox leaks. Him imitating T.I. sounds just off and akward.

(Atleast when it comes to later tracks, I think Coming Back for an example would've sounded great).
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 07:11:02 AM by Orbyte »

Proc pka KP

« Reply #892 on: September 21, 2021, 08:07:36 AM »
I don't think you know what relevant means.

Thanks 4 clearing  that  up.

thegooddoc

« Reply #893 on: September 21, 2021, 07:17:05 PM »
Let's just be real. Dre's appeal is and has always been hard beats and the best delivery in the game. That's long gone. His insecure ass traded that for trying to mimic Sly 7 years ago.

Go back to his verse in Bitch Please II. Never happening again. Only chance he had was with Kobe/Khalil in the Topless era. He let this type of momentum go after a few leaks and panicked:

I bet Dre is happy he didn't release that song.  Cool beat, no song structure.  Sounds more like an idea than an actual track.

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #894 on: September 22, 2021, 07:12:43 AM »
Some more talks about Dre working on something. This time it's Snoop: "No, he got some other shit he's working on that's big. I can't say it, but it's gonna blow ya muthafuckin' mind when y'all hear about it. He ain't forgot where he came from."

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #895 on: September 22, 2021, 07:32:31 AM »
Everytime I hear a T.I. track I immediately realize why I'm not feeling dre's delivery on the detox leaks. Him imitating T.I. sounds just off and akward.

(Atleast when it comes to later tracks, I think Coming Back for an example would've sounded great).

"Dope" was one of the best "Detox" tracks/leaks ever.
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #896 on: September 22, 2021, 09:19:43 AM »
Those sound dope as hell. Dre trippin man

Orbyte

« Reply #897 on: September 22, 2021, 12:41:18 PM »
We went from innocent studio pics to flava flav and snoop saying that dre is gearing up something, just to be clear here.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 05:40:15 AM by Orbyte »

jerseymike

« Reply #898 on: September 22, 2021, 03:50:21 PM »
Ti version of Dope was barely a 3/10 lol, nowhere near as good as the og version by dre and game, which was originally the single for red album but dre pulled it.

This is detox, topless, shit popped off (og, the new ti verse is terrible) and coming back were way better dre x ti songs. Saying dre sounds awkward imitating ti is just so wrong lmao.

Coming back is not the title of that song, its actually code of the streets, slim the mobster wrote/was on that song too, still not sure why the full version of coming back never dropped when so many people have it lol, dres verse on that was fire. Theres was also a version of the this is detox song with busta on it too.

The following users thanked this post: Shag Diggler

jessiebarker2020

« Reply #899 on: September 23, 2021, 03:51:05 AM »
dope was on detox and the right after was chillin theres a video of swizz n dre previewing teh song dope plays right after and the video was from 2011