Author Topic: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17  (Read 129166 times)

jerseymike

Re: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17
« Reply #930 on: October 01, 2021, 09:43:24 AM »

so u already know what the new album sounds like

tremendous

I know what detox sounded like and made a deduction based on that and seeing how dres rapping and production style has completely done a 180 since the Compton era started/dres production/style on paak and ems stuff, it's based in those 2 things.

Dre was very innovative during detox time, now he's just making a more focused version of compton which wasn't innovative at all.

Orbyte

« Reply #931 on: October 01, 2021, 10:08:13 AM »
I don't care what anyone says, especially all the so-called insiders. Seeing so many of dre's peers being suprised by the news dre shared, proved once again that dre keeps most of his plans secret.

He got 140 tracks for this and those weren't even all the tracks from this year. (Source: massordie)

No one knows how the next album sounds right now, except a small group of people.

The following users thanked this post: M Solo

Sccit

« Reply #932 on: October 01, 2021, 10:08:20 AM »
I know what detox sounded like and made a deduction based on that and seeing how dres rapping and production style has completely done a 180 since the Compton era started/dres production/style on paak and ems stuff, it's based in those 2 things.

Dre was very innovative during detox time, now he's just making a more focused version of compton which wasn't innovative at all.

didn’t you say detox was dres best work?

lol

The following users thanked this post: mtbsm

jerseymike

« Reply #933 on: October 01, 2021, 11:32:12 AM »
didn’t you say detox was dres best work?

lol

yh i did, not sure why ur asking that tho lol.

jerseymike

« Reply #934 on: October 01, 2021, 11:39:59 AM »
I don't care what anyone says, especially all the so-called insiders. Seeing so many of dre's peers being suprised by the news dre shared, proved once again that dre keeps most of his plans secret.

He got 140 tracks for this and those weren't even all the tracks from this year. (Source: massordie)

No one knows how the next album sounds right now, except a small group of people.

most the people who were on detox, features and producers, arent on this new album. its being made by the same people who did compton so we basically do know what it will sound like.

and not all those 140 tracks or however many were made for this new album after compton are 100% completed, alot are just ideas, the same way people used to say dre has 20 versions of detox. he only had a couple versions, people just exaggerated when they spoke on it. just like when lil wayne said he did 90 songs for detox lol.

Sccit

« Reply #935 on: October 01, 2021, 12:09:28 PM »
yh i did, not sure why ur asking that tho lol.

because its a pretty outlandish claim n i wasn’t sure if that was u

jerseymike

« Reply #936 on: October 01, 2021, 12:44:10 PM »

because its a pretty outlandish claim n i wasn’t sure if that was u

lol its not hyperbole but i can understand why u might think its outlandish cuz everyone during detox time in interviews always said its incredible and here i am saying its amazing too lol. i know not everyone likes the leaks/detox songs given to other artists like kendrick, game, ross, busta etc but personally i think theyre all amazing.

if songs from the actual detox album leaked people would actually understand how incredible it was. from the unreleased stuff i heard, if the chronic was a 4/10, 2001 was a 7/10 then detox was easily a 9/10.

it also didnt help when dre made a video dissing detox and calling it garbage on his apple radio show a week before compton dropped, which is insulting to everyone who worked so hard on detox for a decade just to turn around and call it wack then have the nerve to drop compton. i just dont want people getting their hopes up thinking this new album, that might be called detox, is actually detox from back then.

mtbsm

« Reply #937 on: October 01, 2021, 01:50:32 PM »
We’ve got no clue what it will sound like

Sccit

« Reply #938 on: October 01, 2021, 02:56:17 PM »
lol its not hyperbole but i can understand why u might think its outlandish cuz everyone during detox time in interviews always said its incredible and here i am saying its amazing too lol. i know not everyone likes the leaks/detox songs given to other artists like kendrick, game, ross, busta etc but personally i think theyre all amazing.

if songs from the actual detox album leaked people would actually understand how incredible it was. from the unreleased stuff i heard, if the chronic was a 4/10, 2001 was a 7/10 then detox was easily a 9/10.

it also didnt help when dre made a video dissing detox and calling it garbage on his apple radio show a week before compton dropped, which is insulting to everyone who worked so hard on detox for a decade just to turn around and call it wack then have the nerve to drop compton. i just dont want people getting their hopes up thinking this new album, that might be called detox, is actually detox from back then.

chronic was 10/10 and 2001 was a 10/10

most of the stuff that leaked from detox was unfinished so we can’t say that

kush set it up for another classic but i need a doctor was mediocre .. unless u heard the full album mixed and mastered, it’s crazy to say that

Orbyte

« Reply #939 on: October 01, 2021, 04:03:05 PM »
its being made by the same people who did compton so we basically do know what it will sound like.
Nailz beatz, Lonestarrmuzik, chris the glove taylor, fredwreck & scott storch (just maybe) weren't a part of compton.
And that's just a few people i saw on ig. Dre is always working with new people.
Who knows which producers we've never heard of will end up on the next record.

6 years have passed. Even if dre worked with the exact same people, it still wouldn't sound that similiar to compton. That's a long ass time.
Just compare a track like "the watcher" to 50 cent's "outta control". Huge difference!

I know what you're getting at though.

The following users thanked this post: M Solo

h2k4

« Reply #940 on: October 01, 2021, 05:25:22 PM »
most the people who were on detox, features and producers, arent on this new album. its being made by the same people who did compton so we basically do know what it will sound like.

and not all those 140 tracks or however many were made for this new album after compton are 100% completed, alot are just ideas, the same way people used to say dre has 20 versions of detox. he only had a couple versions, people just exaggerated when they spoke on it. just like when lil wayne said he did 90 songs for detox lol.

Have no idea if you are lying or not but I would find it hard to believe he had "the old crew" back in the studio recently, only to shelve that and go back to a style/production group that garnered him a lot of criticism.

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte

mtbsm

« Reply #941 on: October 01, 2021, 07:00:57 PM »
Yo anything is possible when you’re around people like this. We don’t know what we’ll hear

jerseymike

« Reply #942 on: October 01, 2021, 07:30:40 PM »
the proof is out there and mad obvious, u dont need to know anything to see how different the detox leaks sound compared to compton, finished or unfinished it doesnt matter, the music remains the same. u can like whatever style of dre u wanna like but calling this new stuff detox or saying it is or can be as good as detox is insulting to people who actually worked on it for years and saying it is completely wrong. its like saying kamikaze is better/sounds the same than relapse lmao, its just ignorant.

mtbsm

« Reply #943 on: October 01, 2021, 07:43:46 PM »
Shout out to Jersey but JerseyMike what are we talking about? You’re shitting on what you think it might sound like!

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

jerseymike

« Reply #944 on: October 01, 2021, 09:12:02 PM »
Shout out to Jersey but JerseyMike what are we talking about? You’re shitting on what you think it might sound like!

There is no might. I know it'll sound like Compton pt 2. If it did sound like detox then why waste time and spent 7 years remaking the detox sound with so many key people missing when the detox sound was already done back then lol. I'm not really shitting on it. I just expect better from someone as dope as dre. It's the refusal to use goat songs for sub par shit that is weird to me is all.