Author Topic: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17  (Read 129168 times)

LP570

Re: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17
« Reply #945 on: October 01, 2021, 10:59:34 PM »
There is no might. I know it'll sound like Compton pt 2. If it did sound like detox then why waste time and spent 7 years remaking the detox sound with so many key people missing when the detox sound was already done back then lol. I'm not really shitting on it. I just expect better from someone as dope as dre. It's the refusal to use goat songs for sub par shit that is weird to me is all.

With all due respect, but you seem to claim to know what the new album will sound like, and that it'll be essentially a Compton pt. 2. Reality of it is, you don't know that, I don't know that, everyone else on the forum doesn't know that, possibly only artists who helped him make it have an idea. But only Dre knows what he has in mind and what he will do for this album. Also, not using same people who worked on Detox to work on the new album doesn't mean anything as far as the sound goes. For all we know he's reusing various beats he had made for Detox over the years. Until we get a legitimate single or anything from Dre himself, there's nothing to say what it will sound like. Hell, maybe we're getting Planets lol. It's one thing to speculate, but other to be certain it will be x or y. Nothing personal here, but really, let's not get too ahead of ourselves here.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit, Malcy, Orbyte

goodyoung

« Reply #946 on: October 02, 2021, 02:40:11 AM »
If that how many sins song is actually the first single then that will make I need a doctor sound better than still dre. Yikes. Sad seeing fan lied to and robbed of classic music for mediocre shit instead.
Lol that how many sins track already sounds better than most of Detox leaks amd official singles other than popped off and topless and maybe comin back.

Malcy

« Reply #947 on: October 02, 2021, 03:08:09 AM »
With all due respect, but you seem to claim to know what the new album will sound like, and that it'll be essentially a Compton pt. 2. Reality of it is, you don't know that, I don't know that, everyone else on the forum doesn't know that, possibly only artists who helped him make it have an idea. But only Dre knows what he has in mind and what he will do for this album. Also, not using same people who worked on Detox to work on the new album doesn't mean anything as far as the sound goes. For all we know he's reusing various beats he had made for Detox over the years. Until we get a legitimate single or anything from Dre himself, there's nothing to say what it will sound like. Hell, maybe we're getting Planets lol. It's one thing to speculate, but other to be certain it will be x or y. Nothing personal here, but really, let's not get too ahead of ourselves here.

Finally, someone on here with a bit of sense!

jerseymike

« Reply #948 on: October 02, 2021, 04:09:49 AM »

The planets is never happening lol. There wasn't even 1 song done for that.

And not using the same/certain people obviously means certain sounds and styles will be absent. You'll just get some knock off version instead.

Reusing old detox beats is also pointless cuz he can't make better songs than the original songs of those beats. Everything he made for this new album, and even Compton, there's were multiple similar but way way better songs he made for detox with better concepts and
features. The new stuff is just regressive.

And this is dre we're talking about. The sound of the album isn't hard to comprehend. It's not gonna be some super left expiermental thing lmao. Not sure why the idea of this being like Compton 2 without the trap stuff is hard to understand. Clearly the point is getting lost and twisted so I won't keep repeating myself.

jerseymike

« Reply #949 on: October 02, 2021, 04:13:18 AM »
Lol that how many sins track already sounds better than most of Detox leaks amd official singles other than popped off and topless and maybe comin back.

Fair enough. If u didn't like the leaks or singles, minus I need a doctor cuz that's universally trash lol, then u wouldn't have liked detox either so maybe this new album is more ur vibe instead.

Orbyte

« Reply #950 on: October 02, 2021, 04:31:39 AM »
D.O.C. said it was done on twitter  ;)

jerseymike

« Reply #951 on: October 02, 2021, 04:39:17 AM »
D.O.C. said it was done on twitter  ;)

I highly doubt that. The whole point of planets was every fan needed surround sound systems to listen to it, that's the way all the songs for it was being made, that's why only a skeleton of 1 song was started and never revisited. This was before 2012, before detox got scrapped for Compton, anything after 2012 is weird and questionable. If dre did actually finish it after then it would be cool to hear. Doc also says alot of random and vague shit on twitter. Not everything is confirmation of something lol.

Orbyte

« Reply #952 on: October 02, 2021, 07:49:41 AM »
I highly doubt that. The whole point of planets was every fan needed surround sound systems to listen to it, that's the way all the songs for it was being made, that's why only a skeleton of 1 song was started and never revisited. This was before 2012, before detox got scrapped for Compton, anything after 2012 is weird and questionable. If dre did actually finish it after then it would be cool to hear. Doc also says alot of random and vague shit on twitter. Not everything is confirmation of something lol.
He directly said that it was done, but just didn't come out.
Gtfooh clown. Dude co-wrote the chronic and has known dre for 30 years.

goodyoung

« Reply #953 on: October 02, 2021, 08:03:23 AM »
Fair enough. If u didn't like the leaks or singles, minus I need a doctor cuz that's universally trash lol, then u wouldn't have liked detox either so maybe this new album is more ur vibe instead.

Nah, it's just that the leaks were mostly trash. Like seriously, under pressure? Mr. Prescription? That Flashin bullshit? All wack.
Popped off, Get It and Topless were hard af though

Jay_J

« Reply #954 on: October 02, 2021, 08:15:13 AM »
Nah, it's just that the leaks were mostly trash. Like seriously, under pressure? Mr. Prescription? That Flashin bullshit? All wack.
Popped off, Get It and Topless were hard af though

Mr. Prescription would be a banger if it has a final mix... i really like that joint.

flashing really sounds wack to me.

12 steps to recovery, beat is good enough, lyrics are awesome, i love listening dre on that song. he tells about himself, how big he is and how he feels about expectation and people he is compared too... dope content. with a final mix and good chorus, that song would be a classic.

popped of were going to be a detox single with a music video definately. that song may sound ordinary but its a hit! imagine snoop instead t.i. with a music video on a roof with bottles up and models around.

2nite... damn this song is fucking underrated... it sounds like compton era but very catchy.

naked... its a club banger. no doubt!

die hard with eminem and young world, if full songs are mixed and masterd and we had chance to hear it, we would lose our minds!!!

topless is a good joint but not a hit! but it would take place in any dre album. "you're tuned into detox, im DR: DRE"!!!

these are the leaked ones and im sure dre didnt let the main bangers leaked...

Detox were going to be a classic but maybe dre didnt feel the content because he was already too late to release and he became older and different person in that time.

LP570

« Reply #955 on: October 02, 2021, 09:10:21 AM »

And not using the same/certain people obviously means certain sounds and styles will be absent. You'll just get some knock off version instead.

Reusing old detox beats is also pointless cuz he can't make better songs than the original songs of those beats. Everything he made for this new album, and even Compton, there's were multiple similar but way way better songs he made for detox with better concepts and
features. The new stuff is just regressive.

And this is dre we're talking about. The sound of the album isn't hard to comprehend. It's not gonna be some super left expiermental thing lmao. Not sure why the idea of this being like Compton 2 without the trap stuff is hard to understand. Clearly the point is getting lost and twisted so I won't keep repeating myself.

Sadly lol, it was a neat concept though.

Here's the thing, Compton was a lot of trap (probably around 2/3rds of the tracks) if this new album is Compton without trap/Compton 2 then it's a bit contradictory. But if it means that we're getting more tracks like Talking to my Diary then I'm all for it. Easily the best track on Compton. But I'll also say why I think Dre won't be revisiting the Compton album. Most of us agree that it wasn't a good album/project of his, especially compared to Chronic and 2001. The reception of it was lukewarm at best. There just wasn't enough of classic Dre on it. Now why would Dre want to revisit the style of Compton (even without trap) when clearly it wasn't the highlight of his career? I just don't see a reason why do that, when he can easily call back to 2001 like he did with Kush. It's all speculation though, despite it not being super experimental we still have nothing to base on what the album will sound like. Him reusing old beats he recorded but never used isn't all too crazy of a concept, not like he can't rework them etc. while still leaving the core vibe of the beat there. We don't really know who Dre is working with on the current version of Detox so to speak aside from some features.

jerseymike

« Reply #956 on: October 02, 2021, 10:48:39 AM »
Mr. Prescription would be a banger if it has a final mix... i really like that joint.

flashing really sounds wack to me.

12 steps to recovery, beat is good enough, lyrics are awesome, i love listening dre on that song. he tells about himself, how big he is and how he feels about expectation and people he is compared too... dope content. with a final mix and good chorus, that song would be a classic.

popped of were going to be a detox single with a music video definately. that song may sound ordinary but its a hit! imagine snoop instead t.i. with a music video on a roof with bottles up and models around.

2nite... damn this song is fucking underrated... it sounds like compton era but very catchy.

naked... its a club banger. no doubt!

die hard with eminem and young world, if full songs are mixed and masterd and we had chance to hear it, we would lose our minds!!!

topless is a good joint but not a hit! but it would take place in any dre album. "you're tuned into detox, im DR: DRE"!!!

these are the leaked ones and im sure dre didnt let the main bangers leaked...

Detox were going to be a classic but maybe dre didnt feel the content because he was already too late to release and he became older and different person in that time.

yep, all these songs except 2nite and naked were fire, both beats were dope but lyrics were boring. snoop wouldnt have fit shit popped off, ti's original verses were fire for it, his verse on the new version was shit lol. 2nite was a detox era song, sounds nothing like compton stuff, was just a random leftover dre made with kdot during gkmc era, u can tell by his post s80 voice on it, dre got jeremih on it to potentially give it kdot for gkmc but the song wasnt that good so it got vaulted. the real stuff dre x kdot stuff they made during that gkmc is insane. its a shame kdot didnt use more dre stuff like bishop and slim did, oh well, too bad we'll never get a real dre x kdot song ever now, compton song and recipe are the best we have and theyre both true dre songs. 

12 step is the only song from the actual detox album to ever leak, that was the outro for the later version of detox. no version of the album was ever 12 tracks tho.

Sccit

« Reply #957 on: October 02, 2021, 10:53:01 AM »
Shout out to Jersey but JerseyMike what are we talking about? You’re shitting on what you think it might sound like!

bingo

jerseymike

« Reply #958 on: October 02, 2021, 10:57:08 AM »
Sadly lol, it was a neat concept though.

Here's the thing, Compton was a lot of trap (probably around 2/3rds of the tracks) if this new album is Compton without trap/Compton 2 then it's a bit contradictory. But if it means that we're getting more tracks like Talking to my Diary then I'm all for it. Easily the best track on Compton. But I'll also say why I think Dre won't be revisiting the Compton album. Most of us agree that it wasn't a good album/project of his, especially compared to Chronic and 2001. The reception of it was lukewarm at best. There just wasn't enough of classic Dre on it. Now why would Dre want to revisit the style of Compton (even without trap) when clearly it wasn't the highlight of his career? I just don't see a reason why do that, when he can easily call back to 2001 like he did with Kush. It's all speculation though, despite it not being super experimental we still have nothing to base on what the album will sound like. Him reusing old beats he recorded but never used isn't all too crazy of a concept, not like he can't rework them etc. while still leaving the core vibe of the beat there. We don't really know who Dre is working with on the current version of Detox so to speak aside from some features.

compton wasnt 2/3rds trap lmao, only 3 songs were smh. its just the rest of the album was just weaker versions of hip hop songs he already had on detox.

were lucky we even got kush, shit is amazing but ironically its not even that good compared to the other weed songs he made, he had one that wasnt with snoop that couldve been on par with still dre imo, maybe not success wise but just the song itself was as amazing. he wont use it on this new album tho.

mtbsm

« Reply #959 on: October 02, 2021, 12:06:53 PM »
I’ve seen it all over the 17 yrs we’ve been waiting on Dre. Comparing two albums we haven’t heard, and with conviction, takes the cake