Author Topic: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17  (Read 129144 times)

jerseymike

Re: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17
« Reply #960 on: October 02, 2021, 12:29:40 PM »
Lol, to each his own I guess. My thoughts are just going by all the stuff I heard from detox, not the leaks. I'm just more critical of artists I admire so I hold dre to a higher standard, especially when he delivered everything he said he would with detox flawlessly but he never released it publicly so its hard to try and defend something people haven't heard.

goodyoung

« Reply #961 on: October 02, 2021, 01:18:42 PM »
Mr. Prescription would be a banger if it has a final mix... i really like that joint.

flashing really sounds wack to me.

12 steps to recovery, beat is good enough, lyrics are awesome, i love listening dre on that song. he tells about himself, how big he is and how he feels about expectation and people he is compared too... dope content. with a final mix and good chorus, that song would be a classic.

popped of were going to be a detox single with a music video definately. that song may sound ordinary but its a hit! imagine snoop instead t.i. with a music video on a roof with bottles up and models around.

2nite... damn this song is fucking underrated... it sounds like compton era but very catchy.

naked... its a club banger. no doubt!

die hard with eminem and young world, if full songs are mixed and masterd and we had chance to hear it, we would lose our minds!!!

topless is a good joint but not a hit! but it would take place in any dre album. "you're tuned into detox, im DR: DRE"!!!

these are the leaked ones and im sure dre didnt let the main bangers leaked...

Detox were going to be a classic but maybe dre didnt feel the content because he was already too late to release and he became older and different person in that time.
Man if Detox was annything like Die Hard and Young World, I'm glad it didn't come out. Die hard is just unlistenable imo, sounds like something post2010 Eminem would do. Young world is just some basic west coast shit. It felt like Dre was trying to recreate still dre sound but only came out uninspiring and unoriginal. Sure, it sounds better than most of Compton album, but still.

Orbyte

« Reply #962 on: October 02, 2021, 05:48:09 PM »
Man if Detox was annything like Die Hard and Young World, I'm glad it didn't come out. Die hard is just unlistenable imo, sounds like something post2010 Eminem would do. Young world is just some basic west coast shit. It felt like Dre was trying to recreate still dre sound but only came out uninspiring and unoriginal. Sure, it sounds better than most of Compton album, but still.

LP570

« Reply #963 on: October 03, 2021, 10:37:51 AM »
compton wasnt 2/3rds trap lmao, only 3 songs were smh. its just the rest of the album was just weaker versions of hip hop songs he already had on detox.

were lucky we even got kush, shit is amazing but ironically its not even that good compared to the other weed songs he made, he had one that wasnt with snoop that couldve been on par with still dre imo, maybe not success wise but just the song itself was as amazing. he wont use it on this new album tho.

It was a good amount of trap compared to what we would expect from Dre, but for me only Talking to my Diary was a good song from Compton. Everything else either trap or some weak versions of hip hop songs like you said. We need more tracks like Kush/Talking to my Diary and less like Talk About It.

jerseymike

« Reply #964 on: October 03, 2021, 11:08:52 AM »
It was a good amount of trap compared to what we would expect from Dre, but for me only Talking to my Diary was a good song from Compton. Everything else either trap or some weak versions of hip hop songs like you said. We need more tracks like Kush/Talking to my Diary and less like Talk About It.

3 out of 16 isnt a good amount of trap lol. diary was one of the worse songs on the album, it was changed alot compared to the original detox version.

LP570

« Reply #965 on: October 03, 2021, 11:31:49 AM »
3 out of 16 isnt a good amount of trap lol. diary was one of the worse songs on the album, it was changed alot compared to the original detox version.

For Dre it's 3 too many lol. Like I said, he should stick to what he's known for and does best. Diary was probably one of the most Dre tracks on it.

Sccit

« Reply #966 on: October 03, 2021, 11:42:45 AM »
talkin to my diary is a classic dre track

jerseymike been downin them subs too fast

jerseymike

« Reply #967 on: October 03, 2021, 12:19:05 PM »
I hope Chad can drop Not My Style soon, full song is just as dope as the snippet.

LP570

« Reply #968 on: October 03, 2021, 01:54:00 PM »
talkin to my diary is a classic dre track

jerseymike been downin them subs too fast

100% lol. If Compton had more Talking to my Diary the album would've had a much better reception in my opinion since it's what people expect of Dre, not trap lol.

Sccit

« Reply #969 on: October 03, 2021, 03:09:02 PM »
I hope Chad can drop Not My Style soon, full song is just as dope as the snippet.

how did u hear it

Jay_J

« Reply #970 on: October 03, 2021, 03:45:00 PM »

how did u hear it

he may even hear some dre songs hasnt recored yet. (damn goosbumps!!!)

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte

LP570

« Reply #971 on: October 03, 2021, 03:57:36 PM »
At this point it might as well be Dre himself messing around with us lmao.

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #972 on: October 03, 2021, 08:57:36 PM »
This is bigger than kust the music. Next saga indeed. Embrace for impact tho.
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

LP570

« Reply #973 on: October 03, 2021, 10:03:33 PM »
Nah, it's just that the leaks were mostly trash. Like seriously, under pressure? Mr. Prescription? That Flashin bullshit? All wack.
Popped off, Get It and Topless were hard af though

Honestly? Mr. Prescription sounds better than half of Compton. It's not a classic Dre track, but it's still a banger.

Sccit

« Reply #974 on: October 03, 2021, 10:50:48 PM »
from what i remember mr prescription is one of his whackest joints of all time

The following users thanked this post: Tha Crip, mtbsm