Author Topic: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17  (Read 129408 times)

M Solo

Re: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17
« Reply #990 on: October 04, 2021, 02:42:36 PM »
I still think Gone is the highest peak of Dre's career.

Other than that Compton was good but it came and went.

mtbsm

« Reply #991 on: October 04, 2021, 04:22:23 PM »
One is hot garbage that was not listenable on release, the other still sounds incredible in any setting through any system, headphones, etc., 25yrs after release

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Suga Foot

« Reply #992 on: October 04, 2021, 04:32:59 PM »
Keep their heads ringing is like 3/10 and prescription is a 8 for me. Guess we all have different ideas of what is dope by dre, no pun intended lol.

That's an interesting opinion (genuinely).  I assume you were too young when Keep Their Heads Ringin came out?  I could see if you discovered the song years after it's release it wouldn't hold the same weight.

jerseymike

« Reply #993 on: October 04, 2021, 09:01:19 PM »
That's an interesting opinion (genuinely).  I assume you were too young when Keep Their Heads Ringin came out?  I could see if you discovered the song years after it's release it wouldn't hold the same weight.

lol no, i just prefer more creative songs than just simple rap shit. 2001 has much better dre rap songs than KTHR, its ok but nothing that great compared to watcher, still dre, the message etc.

Okka

« Reply #994 on: October 05, 2021, 01:16:56 AM »

What up, Suga Foot? You can't blame age on this one. Some people just have bad taste in music.

Aftermath213

« Reply #995 on: October 05, 2021, 05:12:41 AM »

I still remember hearing it on the radio and then begging my parents to take me to the mall to buy the cd.

LP570

« Reply #996 on: October 05, 2021, 08:07:28 AM »
It's a classic. Ngl, it's first time I see someone saying they don't like Keep Their Heads Ringing. It's one of the westcoast anthems.

Sccit

« Reply #997 on: October 05, 2021, 08:41:39 AM »
It's a classic. Ngl, it's first time I see someone saying they don't like Keep Their Heads Ringing. It's one of the westcoast anthems.

mr prescription bein better than keep they heads ringing might be the worst take ive ever seen on any hip-hop forum

The following users thanked this post: Jome, Tha Crip, Okka, mtbsm, Hellquist

mtbsm

« Reply #998 on: October 05, 2021, 10:07:17 AM »

mr prescription bein better than keep they heads ringing might be the worst take ive ever seen on any hip-hop forum

gotta be trolling right?

LP570

« Reply #999 on: October 05, 2021, 10:13:41 AM »
gotta be trolling right?

Gotta be at this point. "Next album is Compton 2 with a different name", "Mr Prescription is better than Keep their heads ringing".

Jay_J

« Reply #1000 on: October 05, 2021, 10:21:00 AM »

%100 agreed.

The following users thanked this post: Tha Crip

jerseymike

« Reply #1001 on: October 05, 2021, 10:31:15 AM »
didnt realize having an opinion was considered trolling. trolling would be saying lil pump makes better music than dre or saying still dre isnt a popular dre song lmao. i guess people probably dont really deserve detox after all, sucks for them.

LP570

« Reply #1002 on: October 05, 2021, 11:44:46 AM »
didnt realize having an opinion was considered trolling. trolling would be saying lil pump makes better music than dre or saying still dre isnt a popular dre song lmao. i guess people probably dont really deserve detox after all, sucks for them.

Like I said it's all subjective, but it's the first time we've seen someone say on a west coast music forum say Keep their heads ringing is a 3/10. Also why wouldn't people deserve Detox? A weird way to put it, as it's no one's but Dre's call to release it. Every album should be held in its own right. Comparing tracks with a modern beat to a track with an oldschool beat isn't a fair comparison. It's like doing a drag race between a car from the 80s and one from 2021.

jerseymike

« Reply #1003 on: October 05, 2021, 12:27:51 PM »
Like I said it's all subjective, but it's the first time we've seen someone say on a west coast music forum say Keep their heads ringing is a 3/10. Also why wouldn't people deserve Detox? A weird way to put it, as it's no one's but Dre's call to release it. Every album should be held in its own right. Comparing tracks with a modern beat to a track with an oldschool beat isn't a fair comparison. It's like doing a drag race between a car from the 80s and one from 2021.

Of course, it's all subjective, maybe the 3/10 was a bit harsh but I was just saying a random low number to compare the difference imo, wasn't meant to be taken that literal, people upset over nothing lol.

U can most definitely compare, fair has nothing to do with it, music is music, doesn't matter when it's from. Let me ride, dre day, g thing are better than all of Compton, the detox leaks are better than half of chronic and 2001. Dres modern day features pre 2012 are better than his older features before 2003, dres beats post 2003 are better than most of chronic and 2001. I dont see the problem here.

Jay_J

« Reply #1004 on: October 05, 2021, 01:57:33 PM »
fuck freedom of speech, somebody ban this troll.

The following users thanked this post: Okka