Author Topic: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17  (Read 127828 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Dre is Coming
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2020, 03:46:57 PM »
Infinite: No doubt, but a billion dollar divorce and a pandemic may have had something to do with that. Back in February I heard Dre productions that sounded the most like Dre productions we've heard since 2007/8/9 (Eminem's album)..hoping he's still in that pocket or better. fwiw, Lost Angels hasn't been wrong with his intel. Back before Compton he told us about Dre, Hutch, and X on the same track. No reason to doubt what he's hearing, plus all the social media stuff is escalating. Lot of group pics, old faces (Sly, Nas, D.O.C., Rick Ross), group photos with new, unknown talent, posts with actual audio of Dre, others with audio muted...all point to the same thing. There may be promo, there may not be promo before it comes, but it's coming this time it feels like. I'm personally hoping there is a big rollout. I don't care how long. Today's suprise drops really cut the life of a project short, IMO. Take it back to those days. Let us know it's coming 6 weeks before it does. Don't drop a single til 2 weeks prior so we have no idea what it sounds like.

Sscit, I feel Compton too. It flows like one body of work for the most part but some of the song concepts, structures and production I still can't come back to. That whole Just Another Day, For The Love of Money and Satisfaction stretch doesn't belong on that album, IMO. They belong on those artists' albums, not Dre's. And Dre's half of Medicine Man is straight up wack to me. As for Dre's voice, I don't mind it. What I mind most is the beats and the fact it's raining snares all over the place.

There's no pandemic... there is a lockdown though.. and if anything lockdown would give him more time to record
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

mtbsm

« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2020, 06:23:13 PM »
There's no pandemic... there is a lockdown though.. and if anything lockdown would give him more time to record

Good talk

JonnyTanna

« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2020, 06:50:02 PM »
Nicely written out, it’s good to archive those posts where Rappers are working with Dre. You can download the images by enabling the right click add on on your browser (rather than screencap) or using an older version of Instagram, pressing share on messenger and you get the original file with the link, shame they took away this feature

Jay_J

« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2020, 10:27:27 AM »
My bad, I'm talking about the three Dre joints on Music to Be Murdered By... Little Engine (especially at beat switch, and at 2:20 marker), Little Engine (vintage Dre/Em), Lock it Up (knocks, super clean mix).

4 jointz...

Premonition
Never Love Again
Little Engine
Lock It Up

DrDreDetox2018

« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2020, 11:09:32 AM »
Jes after years i heard joints that i loved...

This is equal to the old dre joints i noticed that when i heard it first time... but more modern...

Especially the beat on the hook of lock it up.. i said WoW that i missed years from dre...

dnjp4life

« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2020, 01:26:32 PM »
Dre just needs to come with gangsta shit over hard, head-nodding, trunk-rattling beats, it's as simple as that.  Give us a solid intro to set off the album (which Dre has always done - the intro on Compton is probably the best thing about the album) then tracks with verse, chorus, verse, chorus etc, none of these fancy song structures that Kendrick Lamar does on his albums and which Dre seemingly did on Compton.

I like Anderson .Paak but use him sparingly, I would say he was on Compton probably a bit too much, the same with Kendrick, his style doesn't really mesh with Dre's on the mic, which may be the reason why he has never really produced records for him.  Leave Marsha Ambrosius alone, she's too soulful, and get more Sly Piper on there doing his best Nate Dogg impression.

Utilise Xzibit more, and make him rap like he did on Napalm, none of the hyper, manic delivery that he had on 'Loose Canons'.  Likewise Eminem, now that he's a little less shouty, make him come with a verse like he did on 'The Ringer' (though not as long, obviously).  Get 50 Cent, The Game, Busta Rhymes, Slim The Mobster et al to come correct.  Get something from RBX, even if it's just a chorus or like one or two lines.  Kurupt needs a verse on this new album, doesn't feel like a Dre album without at least one feature from the Kingpin.  Shit, get Daz on there even!  And have way more Snoop Dogg features than there were on Compton, that one track with Jon Conner barely sounds like Snoop at all.

Do all of that, and then we'd have a Dr. Dre album  8)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 01:34:16 PM by dnjp4life »

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX

Jay_J

« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2020, 03:31:04 PM »
nobody was expecting the chronic... nobody was expecting smth like 2001 also.

so you cant say that "hey dre do this and do that and make us happy"... naah that doesnt work that way guys.

We dont want another 2001, dre was thinking detox were going to be something expected. thats why he gave up.

so if he is going to come up with something, it has to be unexpected and also a game changer.

can he do that? i have doubts.

but all i know is i want a dr. dre album. i dont count compton. it wasnt a game changer, it wasnt a classic. it wasnt something special. it was like "lets release something and lets introduce some new folks like paak, dem jointz, and others..."

next dre album have to belong only dre. main goal of the album has to be to convince the world that dre does it again...

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2020, 08:53:50 PM »
If history is any indication:

He released The Chronic, major success. Says hes done with gangster rap

He released Dr Dre presents The Aftermath. It flops. Runs back to gangster rap

He released Chronic 2001. Major success. Once again is done with gangster rap

He released Compton, it flops.

So if history is any indication, he’s gonna run back to gangster rap and his original formula and the new album will be a success. The question is how many decades do we have to wait for it.

thegooddoc

« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2020, 09:14:36 PM »
Have to disagree with you the Compton flopped.  There was very little promotion, no real videos or anything.  It sold fine for the amount of promotion behind it. 

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX, Sccit

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2020, 10:15:08 PM »
If history is any indication:

He released The Chronic, major success. Says hes done with gangster rap

He released Dr Dre presents The Aftermath. It flops. Runs back to gangster rap

He released Chronic 2001. Major success. Once again is done with gangster rap

He released Compton, it flops.

So if history is any indication, he’s gonna run back to gangster rap and his original formula and the new album will be a success. The question is how many decades do we have to wait for it.

I'm a big fan of the Aftermath album. I got it when it dropped and have never stopped listening to it.  Though I admit it contains filler.  COMPTON though has no filler and is a classic.  Damn shame he never filmed a single video for it.  I never quite understood that.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

goodyoung

« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2020, 12:33:46 AM »
I don't think there's a worst Dre song that Talk About It. No Dre album with a track like that can be a classic.

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2020, 02:17:18 AM »
I'm a big fan of the Aftermath album. I got it when it dropped and have never stopped listening to it.  Though I admit it contains filler.  COMPTON though has no filler and is a classic.  Damn shame he never filmed a single video for it.  I never quite understood that.

They almost shot a video for Loose Cannons of all the songs. Label wanted this, Dre wanted that and they never did it. Just like "The Recipe". They shot it but never released it.
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

Orbyte

« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2020, 04:06:30 AM »
Damn shame he never filmed a single video for it.  I never quite understood that.
He also had plans to shoot a Talking To My Diary video. Some director talked about it in a breakfast club interview some years ago.
He said something like: "at first we only planned to do the video, but then it evolved into something bigger".
The theory is, that it led to Dre's tv show "Vital Signs", but it obviously never came out because of Apple TV.

Jay_J

« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2020, 04:31:09 AM »
compton was not a classic and it will never be. if it was a classic, dre would push it with all he can.

em didnt announce "music to be murdered by" before, we just woke up one day and saw that he released a full Lp... of course he shoot videos and promoted it later but it already surprised and impressed people.

when dre released compton it didnt get the attention and reaction that they expected. it has no common sound or mood from beginning to end. its a bunch of different type of records that aftermath team did in years. im hardly calling it a dr. dre solo. if dre release something classic, he doesnt need to promote, it would rock the world and cause an earthquake like dre said "that aint no earthquake, its just dre coming"

i think dre didn't want to promote it like his highly expected solo LP, because he wasnt happy with it. so he chose to call it a "soundtrack" inspired by nwa movie.

i believe he is going to rock the world one more time with a legendary album. lately he spent too much time in studio with various artists like ice-t, busta rhymes, b-real, snoop, the glove, kanye, nas, kurupt, paak, em, scott and damn almost everybody in the industry... he must be coming with something. he should!

Sccit

« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2020, 10:03:35 AM »
compton was not a classic and it will never be. if it was a classic, dre would push it with all he can.

em didnt announce "music to be murdered by" before, we just woke up one day and saw that he released a full Lp... of course he shoot videos and promoted it later but it already surprised and impressed people.

when dre released compton it didnt get the attention and reaction that they expected. it has no common sound or mood from beginning to end. its a bunch of different type of records that aftermath team did in years. im hardly calling it a dr. dre solo. if dre release something classic, he doesnt need to promote, it would rock the world and cause an earthquake like dre said "that aint no earthquake, its just dre coming"

i think dre didn't want to promote it like his highly expected solo LP, because he wasnt happy with it. so he chose to call it a "soundtrack" inspired by nwa movie.

i believe he is going to rock the world one more time with a legendary album. lately he spent too much time in studio with various artists like ice-t, busta rhymes, b-real, snoop, the glove, kanye, nas, kurupt, paak, em, scott and damn almost everybody in the industry... he must be coming with something. he should!

i duno what you’re talkin bout, compton was extremely cohesive .. it went gold with zero promo, which is incredible nowadays. and that was within the first month.. i wouldn’t be surprised if it’s platinum by now.