Author Topic: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17  (Read 127750 times)

The Predator

Re: Dre is Coming
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2020, 11:31:25 AM »
Dre albums always sound different to the last one, even if it's the same style like G-Funk.
So should be no worries on it sounding like Compton, then again it wont sound like Efil4Zaggin, Chronic, Doggystyle, 2001 etc..

Fredwreck is involved, might get to hear him fiddle with some moog!

Hittman2001

« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2020, 12:28:29 PM »
Yeah...wanna hear that moog again in some capacity.  Was listening to Zoom with LL Cool J the other day, when that moog hits...pure fire

SilentKiller

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2020, 01:41:55 PM »
So no 50 or KT, but does that mean the rest on the list are confirmed?

Xzibit, - Expected.
Ice T - Shame O.G. never recorded with Dre in the 80s or 90s. So this is long awaited.
Game - He's gotta work under aliases now right? Ghost-writing duties?
Kendrick - Expected.
NWA - Ill believe it when i hear it, we cannot be that lucky.
Busta -  Expected.
Rakim - Nothing to suggest the R will be on it (unless Dre opening the vaults)..any recent pics?
Snoop - Expected.
Paak - Expected.
Eminem - Expected.
Kurupt - Looks like he got the call up from Dre, Daz still waiting by the phone.
King T,
B real  - He's been everywhere lately, even opening up on Eiht's new album.
Nas - We know he been hanging out at Dre's studio too.

what do you mean with "Kurupt got the call"? Any news I've missed??

Jay_J

« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2020, 03:18:43 PM »
what do you mean with "Kurupt got the call"? Any news I've missed??

they were in the stuido together this year.

Jay_J

« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2020, 03:46:12 PM »
I'm will be the biggest Dr. Dre hater if he is not going to release these songs on the next album.

DIE HARD (damn somebody remastered it so well, its banging on a good sound system)

YOUNG WORLD

Malcy

« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2020, 12:41:06 AM »
I'm will be the biggest Dr. Dre hater if he is not going to release these songs on the next album.

DIE HARD (damn somebody remastered it so well, its banging on a good sound system)

YOUNG WORLD

I think you will become a Dre hater then! I don’t see him using these unfortunately.

I always want a Dre album but know not to expect one. To be honest I’ll only believe it when the postman delivers a copy of it on Vinyl day of release. Then I’ll get excited. Until then I’ll just hope.

Jay_J

« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2020, 02:01:54 AM »
im just sayin, i cant be a dre hater but he should release those songs.

young world was sounding like his possible 1st single of detox. he is talking to young generation with calling them "young world" and describing himsel "im living good, world is mine, guess who's back"... dope single to make a huge come back. i'm really curious what happened to that guy who leaked it.

die hard is also a fucking banger with his duo eminem. because it wasnt leaked. they gave the teaser consciously so i believe they will release it.

dre shouldnt waste these songs. i hope he won't.

Malcy

« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2020, 03:40:52 AM »
im just sayin, i cant be a dre hater but he should release those songs.

young world was sounding like his possible 1st single of detox. he is talking to young generation with calling them "young world" and describing himsel "im living good, world is mine, guess who's back"... dope single to make a huge come back. i'm really curious what happened to that guy who leaked it.

die hard is also a fucking banger with his duo eminem. because it wasnt leaked. they gave the teaser consciously so i believe they will release it.

dre shouldnt waste these songs. i hope he won't.

I agree. He could release volumes and volumes of stuff from his vault and it would all be excellent but I don’t see Dre doing it because if he’s not feeling it he won’t put it out. Hopefully someone convinces him otherwise some day though. The chorus of ‘Hey Young World’ is a Slick Rick sample. When it came out I realised that Dre & Rick have never collaborated together. Something I’d like to see.

I’ve heard some Dre beats over the years produced for other people and wished Dre was on them instead. Or even instrumentals he’s done. The one off the Up In Smoke Tour DVD is an outstanding beat.

The Predator

« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2020, 07:45:43 AM »
Dre could make a record viewing youtube video just playing short clips from his vault.
Livestream that shit and take requests.

He been storing since at least since the launch of Aftermath and holding tapes from Deathrow.
Unlike RZA's basement, no floods!
A gang of it will be non hip-hop shit too.

He's released music with George Clinton, but maybe he's worked with other legends too in the past like James Brown, Quincy Jones etc...or done remixes of classic songs from Jackson, Marley etc..just like that Marvin joint.

Thriller Album (Remixed by Dr Dre)  ;D

Dre was going to use 'The Pharamcy' to play us stuff from his vault, but we only got a couple of Compton left-overs 

“I’m opening the vault and letting everybody inside: Unreleased music, exclusives, freestyles, new artists,” Dre promised in a video promoting the new episode.

If the show re-airs to promote the new album, we can expect to hear stuff attached to it.
If it sounds fantastic, then that's an extra!

Should of did something with this 92 head bopper (20 secs)

Does Dre still digg out the crates in 2020? He got the money to store warehouses full of vinyl.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 08:53:58 AM by The Predator »

Okka

« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2020, 04:01:32 AM »
We can all hope for this and that, but Dre is not the type who releases already leaked material.

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2020, 10:02:31 AM »
We can all hope for this and that, but Dre is not the type who releases already leaked material.

Or is he? 🙄
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

mtbsm

« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2020, 10:29:02 AM »
Or is he? 🙄

Don’t know what you do, but I could see Topless and Hey Young World seeing the light of day

Orbyte

« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2020, 10:53:34 AM »
Some collaborators and producers already confirmed yeeears ago that Dre loses interest in songs, when they get leaked.

OGMDean

« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2020, 12:45:31 PM »
I can confirm Dre is definitely coming with a new album, but from what I've heard it sounds nothing like The Chronic or 2001, it sounds ultra modern - like a continuation of Compton.

By the way Dre knows about the criticism of Compton and he doesn't give a f*** about what people think - Compton was mixed for Beats by Dre headphones and to properly enjoy it you have to listen to it with dark bass-heavy headphones like Beats by Dre headphones. 

Production on the new album is more centered around state of art plugins than old school Moog sounds on this album - I saw a lot of Massive X and Serum being used, a lot of Logic X plugins like Alchemy and Omnisphere popping up - so the sound is very modern - kind of like the Inception soundtrack meets trap drums. 

Lastly, Dre does not like old washed up rappers so expect Quavo, Gunna, Travis Scott, Da Baby, Kendrick, SZA features on this album.

The following users thanked this post: dj coma, Orbyte

The Predator

« Reply #119 on: October 11, 2020, 01:39:15 PM »
^If it really turned out like that, adding a healthy dose of auto-tune would be icing on the cake.

--------------------

The last two attempts:

Detox -

Dre opened up about his years-in-the-making but ultimately never released LP Detox. “I had between 20 and 40 songs for Detox, and I just couldn’t feel it,” the rapper said. “Usually I can hear the sequence of an album as I’m going, but I wasn’t able to do that. I wasn’t feeling it in my gut. So I really thought I was done being an artist.”

Compton -

Working on the N.W.A biopic, Dre became reenergized as a rapper and producer, resulting in his swan song Compton. “I felt a [great album] coming. I know that feeling after being in it for so long,” Dre said in a Beats 1 interview in August. “So I just said, ‘I’m going for it’ and really started blacking out in the studio.”