Author Topic: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17  (Read 127747 times)

Orbyte

Re: Dre is Coming
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2020, 02:40:51 PM »
From what I've heard it sounds nothing like The Chronic or 2001, it sounds ultra modern - like a continuation of Compton.
Yeah, Flying Lutos said the same thing in a interview last year, it allegedly sounded like a Compton-sequel, but was better though.
And this is actually what I want from Dre nowadays. He should adapt the current hiphop-sound and elevate it with his own style and create sounds that no one has ever heard before.

Isn't it weird how people wanted Dre to move away from his old sound when he worked on Detox and now, people want his old style back?

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2020, 04:49:42 PM »

woof

« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2020, 05:47:58 PM »
still looking for this Nas song

this singer "Mean Girl" is also working with Dre :

Skante Warrior Dale Gribble - NoFX

• 'G'
« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2020, 09:42:33 PM »
This is about as likely as Suge getting shot in Miami again bruh.

V2DHeart

« Reply #124 on: October 12, 2020, 02:52:44 AM »
I wouldn't hold my breath for any new full length releases from him.

The problem with any music from Dr Dre, has always been that the Chronic 2001 raised the bar so high, that anything less than, would be regarded as a failure. Compton as ok as it was, was never anywhere near the level of Chronic 2001, or The Chronic (which is arguably his best). Compton is on that same wavelength as The Aftermath Presents compilation. It's just there, has some hot tracks, but won't go down as a classic. It definitely showed potential to be in the discussion, but unfortunately, it is littered with sound that isn't ageless. I think deep down Dre knew this, which is why he was reluctant to slap his full name over it as he did with Chronic and Chronic 2001. Notice that it has the somewhat disclaimer of something alone the lines of "Soundtrack presented by Dr Dre", as if it were an immediate get out clause to avoid full endorsed answerability should the critical response to it be negative. Supporters would easily claim that "It's fine, it's not even a proper Dr Dre album anyway", "it doesn't count to his legacy" etc.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Sccit

« Reply #125 on: October 12, 2020, 07:55:15 AM »

The problem with any music from Dr Dre, has always been that the Chronic 2001 raised the bar so high, that anything less than, would be regarded as a failure. Compton as ok as it was, was never anywhere near the level of Chronic 2001, or The Chronic (which is arguably his best). Compton is on that same wavelength as The Aftermath Presents compilation. It's just there, has some hot tracks, but won't go down as a classic. It definitely showed potential to be in the discussion, but unfortunately, it is littered with sound that isn't ageless. I think deep down Dre knew this, which is why he was reluctant to slap his full name over it as he did with Chronic and Chronic 2001. Notice that it has the somewhat disclaimer of something alone the lines of "Soundtrack presented by Dr Dre", as if it were an immediate get out clause to avoid full endorsed answerability should the critical response to it be negative. Supporters would easily claim that "It's fine, it's not even a proper Dr Dre album anyway", "it doesn't count to his legacy" etc.

it counts

NuWest

« Reply #126 on: October 12, 2020, 10:22:03 AM »
die hard was trash. Dre aint dropping shit. unless that's OG mike dean posting on here, which I high doubt

DrDreDetox2018

« Reply #127 on: October 12, 2020, 11:37:28 AM »
Die hard?

Don't take it personal... :P

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #128 on: October 12, 2020, 11:37:51 AM »
I can confirm Dre is definitely coming with a new album, but from what I've heard it sounds nothing like The Chronic or 2001, it sounds ultra modern - like a continuation of Compton.

By the way Dre knows about the criticism of Compton and he doesn't give a f*** about what people think - Compton was mixed for Beats by Dre headphones and to properly enjoy it you have to listen to it with dark bass-heavy headphones like Beats by Dre headphones. 

Production on the new album is more centered around state of art plugins than old school Moog sounds on this album - I saw a lot of Massive X and Serum being used, a lot of Logic X plugins like Alchemy and Omnisphere popping up - so the sound is very modern - kind of like the Inception soundtrack meets trap drums. 

Lastly, Dre does not like old washed up rappers so expect Quavo, Gunna, Travis Scott, Da Baby, Kendrick, SZA features on this album.

Hahaha
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

DrDreDetox2018

« Reply #129 on: October 12, 2020, 12:57:24 PM »

NuWest

« Reply #130 on: October 12, 2020, 01:50:25 PM »
Die hard?

Don't take it personal... :P

Your username should be detox 2008 or 2011, or 2012 ;)

The following users thanked this post: DrDreDetox2018

Jay_J

« Reply #131 on: October 12, 2020, 02:12:35 PM »

Perfect critic. I agree with every word.

NuWest

« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2020, 02:52:51 PM »
Apparently when Kush was pushed there was another single by Khalil that was straight flames but never surfaced and we got I need a doctor instead. Also if you OGs remember a Dre and snoop video recorded in France which was shelved. Chad kisser should really reach out to me. I have the detox pros somewhere sealed that I was going to christen with the album slated 2011/2012. I can’t believe I’ve been sitting on these headphones circa 10 years #fuckdre

DrDreDetox2018

« Reply #133 on: October 12, 2020, 02:58:27 PM »
Apparently when Kush was pushed there was another single by Khalil that was straight flames but never surfaced and we got I need a doctor instead. Also if you OGs remember a Dre and snoop video recorded in France which was shelved. Chad kisser should really reach out to me. I have the detox pros somewhere sealed that I was going to christen with the album slated 2011/2012. I can’t believe I’ve been sitting on these headphones circa 10 years #fuckdre

Which another khalil single u mean?

The following users thanked this post: NuWest

NuWest

« Reply #134 on: October 12, 2020, 04:05:59 PM »
Which another khalil single u mean?

There was another single from
This era which was 10x what Kush is produced by Khalil which was shelved (for Detox from Detox tracklist where’s Chad Kisser he can talk about it