Author Topic: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17  (Read 127727 times)

Orbyte

Re: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17
« Reply #210 on: October 29, 2020, 06:31:45 PM »
I mean, no one confirmed that Dre was going to do the music for this thing. He only was annouced as the narrator.
Although when it comes to everything else, you're right.

Anyway...... an ""Album"" update...?:

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #211 on: October 30, 2020, 05:55:25 AM »
I mean, no one confirmed that Dre was going to do the music for this thing. He only was annouced as the narrator.

To kill the game again. What you think, will he pull the trigger? :)
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

Skante Warrior Dale Gribble - NoFX

• 'G'
« Reply #212 on: October 30, 2020, 03:40:30 PM »
Put the Lennox Lewis documentary on. Was going to see if there was any Dre music in it but it says ‘Music By David Bateman so I’m guessing not and don’t really have any interest in boxing to sit through 90 mins of it.

Edit - skipped to the end credits. Dre appears in footage at his house with Lennox and then in the studio followed by footage of Dre recording his narration and ends on Dre calling him the champion but that’s it.

No idea bruh. Lennox is friends with them for many years. Lennox does reggae music. Track presumably hit the vault bruh.

Orbyte

« Reply #213 on: October 30, 2020, 06:12:37 PM »
What you think, will he pull the trigger? :)
This is like asking us if the corona virus is gonna disappear lol

DrDreDetox2018

« Reply #214 on: October 30, 2020, 11:18:18 PM »
To kill the game again. What you think, will he pull the trigger? :)

I hope but its difficult... what do u think ?

mtbsm

« Reply #215 on: October 31, 2020, 04:51:06 AM »

Great find. Dre keeping better company these days. His collaborators using coasters for their drinks vs 25 yrs ago engineers getting beat downs for rewinding a tape too far

dnjp4life

« Reply #216 on: October 31, 2020, 06:45:37 AM »
^Yeah but like Dre said in the Defiant Ones Documentary, all that drama was exciting to him and helped create the atmosphere that contributed to some of the greatest gangsta rap ever being made.

This time around it's obviously very different, not least the current recording process which I guess has been impacted somewhat by the public health situation at the moment.  We all know the story of how the Chronic album came about, with everyone living together and hungry to get in the recording booth and prove themselves.  Similarly, looking through the liner notes of the 2001 album it looks like one big party with a ton of big names dropping by the studio.

I imagine the atmosphere when recording music at the moment is quite subdued and it may be difficult to capture that sort of magic and feeling of previous sessions, and there may be a lot of phoned-in verses for this album, although I hope not, and I trust Dre has been doing this shit long enough now to know if something is hot or not.

Either way, that photo looks like they are literally trying to G up Dre and tell him that what he has up his sleeve is the shit.  Come on Dre, give us the album!

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #217 on: October 31, 2020, 07:17:38 AM »
I hope but its difficult... what do u think ?

Well, he hesitated, but they'll try again. :)

Orbyte

« Reply #218 on: October 31, 2020, 03:34:09 PM »
Went back on ig and saw that Stat Quo posted another picture from that day. He was there too.
He actually is the dude on the left in that picture I posted above. Remember when he called Compton wack some years ago?
Makes me think that the new album at it's current state really might be better. Not necessarily just because Stat was around, but because he would tell him, if it isn't the shit.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 06:32:48 PM by Orbyte »

Sccit

« Reply #219 on: October 31, 2020, 03:36:19 PM »
Went back on ig and saw that Stat Quo posted another picture from that day. He was there too.
He actually is the dude on the left in that picture I posted above. Remember when he called Compton whack some years ago?
Makes me think that the new album at it's current state really might be better. Not necessarily because Stat was around, but because he would tell him, if it isn't the shit.

stat said that? you got any proof??

Orbyte

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

mtbsm

« Reply #221 on: October 31, 2020, 05:56:35 PM »
Stat minced no words. I’m guessing his role (along with D.O.C.’s) is to tell Dre if something is wack or not.

What’s his IG? Looked for that post but account I found barely active
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 06:25:44 PM by mtbsm »

Orbyte

« Reply #222 on: October 31, 2020, 06:30:21 PM »
What’s his IG? Looked for that post but account I found barely active
He got a new acc. "Stat_theweatherman" for some reason

The following users thanked this post: mtbsm

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #223 on: October 31, 2020, 11:49:14 PM »
He actually is the dude on the left in that picture I posted above. Remember when he called Compton wack some years ago?
Makes me think that the new album at it's current state really might be better. Not necessarily just because Stat was around, but because he would tell him, if it isn't the shit.

That's why they're telling him to pull the trigger. Focus and Stat want this out so bad. Cause they know it's fire. And it will change the game again.

Elson

« Reply #224 on: November 01, 2020, 01:26:19 AM »
What new artists is Dre working with right now?

The following users thanked this post: common