Author Topic: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17  (Read 127738 times)

Orbyte

Re: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17
« Reply #525 on: January 01, 2021, 01:23:56 PM »
Wackest Dre song ever. How come he could consider it as first single. That doesnt make sense.
I remember this is one interview where Jimmy Iovine praised Under Pressure and said that it's going to drop in "a few weeks"..... lol
(So it seemed like it was already finished.)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 01:29:50 PM by Orbyte »

romson19

« Reply #526 on: January 01, 2021, 01:36:11 PM »
I remember this is one interview where Jimmy Iovine praised Under Pressure and said that it's going to drop in "a few weeks"..... lol
(So it seemed like it was already finished.)
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xenqqd
RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte, mtbsm

Orbyte

« Reply #527 on: January 01, 2021, 01:47:16 PM »
A really unpopular opinion, like y'all are going to be on my ass for this one but:
I hope that neither Dre or Focus are going mix this record.

They've been pushing this "clarity > smack"-mixing trend since Compton came out. I want some bass god dammit!

I heard the older you get, the more you're going to lose the highfrequency sounds in your hearing, and that might be the reason why Dre's always pushing the highs in his music since the last years. And I just don't like it.

Or maybe it's just the mastering.

Edit:

I want this in terms of "smack"  ;D

mtbsm

« Reply #528 on: January 01, 2021, 05:42:02 PM »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #529 on: January 01, 2021, 08:59:21 PM »
Long time mutherfuckers, SEEEN  ;D

On the real though just checking in after a very long time and thought I’d drop some thoughts since its been so long

Regarding Dre -

First of all Dre got too many chefs not enough cooks in the studio - he consider his team a band? They all garbage musicians - he got producers like denaun, focus and Batson etc in their working with Dre who is on a different stratosphere to all of them in there with him - those niggas garbage 

Dre is dependent on his musicians for his sound imo in the game and he needs to return to storch and Elizondo - bring in some fresh talent sure - isn’t that why he basically funded his college programme shit, a great way to poach talent. But he needs Scott back, he is still the most gifted key player in the hiphop world bar none. Someone said Scott ain’t made a dope beat in ages, that shit is garbage. Scott been making better Dre beats than Dre haha problem is Scott still doesn’t often know how to enrich a beat like Dre and that can’t be taught. Dres ear is natural from his upbringing. A great example of a banging Scott beat which just fits Dre sound to a peak is this      However when you listen the final product apart from the hook the shit don’t hit or sound better than the instrumental. - that’s Dre gift, he’ll enrich his shit and if you got fire, with his mixing and sound tastes, it’s often best.

Dre all about being minimalistic but Dre has lost what makes his music great in the process of stripping too much shit out of his songs that made them great and making his sound dated in the process. Get his keys, guitar and bass players back and experiment but make it sound modern and futuristic again. Being minimalist in music was dres great gift in making so many sounds and effects come together with the best and vocals and the little details. Dres current shit been iffy to say the least and seems lost of direction

What’s with all the best drops/changes in a single song since compton? A song is usually between 3-4 minutes and this nigga  sometimes trying to blend 3 different beats in to it, sometimes even more than 1 beat for the same rapper - hasn’t anyone told him it mostly sounds forced or unfinished - on Compton Dre got a banging beat for “gone” I think it was called. - Kendrick kills it, the hook was fire but why was it like not a whole song? Where the fuck has dres ear and focus process gone? He should trust his own skin and ear over his incompetent team. Nigga on some because I got so many beats, I’m finna find a way to use them all in it vibe, problem is most his beats recently been stale.

Dres beats on Eminem’s current shit sound so dated - a beat like “she loves me” don’t even get made as a leftover from Dre when he had a real team in there with him making his sound and the discombobulated beat sound like some shit that wouldn’t have made a stat quo album 15 years ago and the switch - wtf was that - even the track Dre features on was better than either of his joints and that’s just sad  - people check a Dre joint for Dre beats - not focus, denaun, Bateson, even Lawrence jr -

Dres involvement on Eminem’s music to be murdered by was just sad to see as a huge fan - I mean don’t get me wrong Eminem albums are just stale these days apart from some moments on kamikaze and his b side release just now but man, I can’t even blame Eminem for working with Dre too much. Eminem sound better in modern day trap-ish beats though he really flow well on the new release. Eminem at least stayed up on his shit, Dre got all the resources, time and great engineering team and mixing team going. He just needs to produce dope beats again.

Been a long time and I’m sure there is more I can say but if Dre is really dropping a joint in 2021 I hope it involves real talent on the beat making team because what the majority of Dre fans listen his shit for - produced by Dre stuff.

Hope you all well and have a great 2021.

Sccit

« Reply #530 on: January 02, 2021, 12:37:29 AM »
Long time mutherfuckers, SEEEN  ;D

On the real though just checking in after a very long time and thought I’d drop some thoughts since its been so long

Regarding Dre -

First of all Dre got too many chefs not enough cooks in the studio - he consider his team a band? They all garbage musicians - he got producers like denaun, focus and Batson etc in their working with Dre who is on a different stratosphere to all of them in there with him - those niggas garbage 

Dre is dependent on his musicians for his sound imo in the game and he needs to return to storch and Elizondo - bring in some fresh talent sure - isn’t that why he basically funded his college programme shit, a great way to poach talent. But he needs Scott back, he is still the most gifted key player in the hiphop world bar none. Someone said Scott ain’t made a dope beat in ages, that shit is garbage. Scott been making better Dre beats than Dre haha problem is Scott still doesn’t often know how to enrich a beat like Dre and that can’t be taught. Dres ear is natural from his upbringing. A great example of a banging Scott beat which just fits Dre sound to a peak is this      However when you listen the final product apart from the hook the shit don’t hit or sound better than the instrumental. - that’s Dre gift, he’ll enrich his shit and if you got fire, with his mixing and sound tastes, it’s often best.

Dre all about being minimalistic but Dre has lost what makes his music great in the process of stripping too much shit out of his songs that made them great and making his sound dated in the process. Get his keys, guitar and bass players back and experiment but make it sound modern and futuristic again. Being minimalist in music was dres great gift in making so many sounds and effects come together with the best and vocals and the little details. Dres current shit been iffy to say the least and seems lost of direction

What’s with all the best drops/changes in a single song since compton? A song is usually between 3-4 minutes and this nigga  sometimes trying to blend 3 different beats in to it, sometimes even more than 1 beat for the same rapper - hasn’t anyone told him it mostly sounds forced or unfinished - on Compton Dre got a banging beat for “gone” I think it was called. - Kendrick kills it, the hook was fire but why was it like not a whole song? Where the fuck has dres ear and focus process gone? He should trust his own skin and ear over his incompetent team. Nigga on some because I got so many beats, I’m finna find a way to use them all in it vibe, problem is most his beats recently been stale.

Dres beats on Eminem’s current shit sound so dated - a beat like “she loves me” don’t even get made as a leftover from Dre when he had a real team in there with him making his sound and the discombobulated beat sound like some shit that wouldn’t have made a stat quo album 15 years ago and the switch - wtf was that - even the track Dre features on was better than either of his joints and that’s just sad  - people check a Dre joint for Dre beats - not focus, denaun, Bateson, even Lawrence jr -

Dres involvement on Eminem’s music to be murdered by was just sad to see as a huge fan - I mean don’t get me wrong Eminem albums are just stale these days apart from some moments on kamikaze and his b side release just now but man, I can’t even blame Eminem for working with Dre too much. Eminem sound better in modern day trap-ish beats though he really flow well on the new release. Eminem at least stayed up on his shit, Dre got all the resources, time and great engineering team and mixing team going. He just needs to produce dope beats again.

Been a long time and I’m sure there is more I can say but if Dre is really dropping a joint in 2021 I hope it involves real talent on the beat making team because what the majority of Dre fans listen his shit for - produced by Dre stuff.

Hope you all well and have a great 2021.

seeeen seeeeeeeeeeennnnn

goodyoung

« Reply #531 on: January 02, 2021, 03:12:14 AM »

whole berner album, 14 songs produced by Scott Storch.

this one is also from defiant ones.

enough?
My point exactly. These beats are average at best and certainly are not something I want to hear on Dre's final record.

goodyoung

« Reply #532 on: January 02, 2021, 03:12:50 AM »

Dre is dependent on his musicians for his sound imo in the game and he needs to return to storch and Elizondo - bring in some fresh talent sure - isn’t that why he basically funded his college programme shit, a great way to poach talent. But he needs Scott back, he is still the most gifted key player in the hiphop world bar none. Someone said Scott ain’t made a dope beat in ages, that shit is garbage
Sorry, the only garbage I see here is you calling some of the best musicans Dre's ever worked with (Mark Batson, Dawaun Parker, Trevor Lawrence Jr) wack and incompetent lmao. These people worked with Dre since like 05, their sound is literally what people except a Dre beat to sound like. This is the team that gave us classic records like Imagine and Legend of the Fall Offs, what many consider to be some of the best records Dre ever produced. And isn't Topless considered to be the best Detox leak as well? Their sound feels like a natural continuation of 2001 sound.
It's also ironic how you mentioned that Gone track off Compton when that's one of the 2 records on that album that sounds similar to their style.

And what's even worse, is that you called a Discombobulated (a beat that was made like 12 years ago but still sounds fresh af and almost unanimously hailed as one of the best songs on both albums) - which sounds like a 100% classic Dr.Dre beat that Em in his prime would fight for to include on his album - an outdated, while posting this clip of Scott (who has the most outdated sound out of all big name producers) making some wackest shit that doesn't hold a candle to the beats he used to make in the 00's.

What's happening with Dre's music now is not their fault, it's because of Dre's direction. Because even if you don't count Batson and Parker, Focus is also a dope producer when not with Dre (he did Where I'm From for Game, Live By the Gun for Tony Yayo, Killer's Remorse for X and so much more), as well as Dem Jointz.

I feel like some wishing for Dre to bring back Mel-Man or Scott Storch is simply for the nostalgia, just because these guys were on Chronic 2001, so people automatically assume that having them on the new album will bring it closer to that level of quality. But it seems these people fail to realise that since '99, not just Dre's, but their styles also changed. Scott Storch is making some youtube-tier beats (the one you posted is a perfect example), Mel-Man's last good beat was on Nate Dogg's Music & Me album, Mike Elizondo doing Ed Sheeran and Jonas Brothers shit now etc...

NuWest

« Reply #533 on: January 02, 2021, 04:12:42 AM »
Me, I've mentioned it early on in this thread,

good looking out homie

NuWest

« Reply #534 on: January 02, 2021, 04:13:08 AM »
Drop the "Talking To My Diary" Video, and I'll drop The Scrapped "The Recipe" Music Video.

I don't have the video though that would be a bad trade

NuWest

« Reply #535 on: January 02, 2021, 04:15:15 AM »
What shall I post? I don't have to prove you anything.

you're craving the attention by the way you have been posting very coy rather than be straight up with info like I do when I have shit to share. don't need to beat around the bush. if you're friends with Battlecat on twitter than cool but don't do this forum a disservice by trolling a thread into the new year. I don't wanna hear non of this I have heat or I know shit but if it leaks it will get scrapped. well fuck Dre if someone like yourself has access to holy grail Dre album info then we are all fucked, right?  8)

NuWest

« Reply #536 on: January 02, 2021, 04:26:28 AM »
It wasn't on purpose. It was meant to be first single from Detox. It wasn't properly finished. Mixed. It made him stop the whole thing. Let's do it differently this time.

well that's funny, when Could've Been U leaked when 50 released it to retail it was an identical mix, same with when Drug Test leaked, retail version was only mixed slightly. also the HP commercial had the same beat. the beat was bad. how can the god of rap be so insecure, if some shit leaks unfinished does he think his shit is untouchable? Death Row vaults, 2Pac, Kanye, Lil Wayne and other current artists shit leak over the past decades and grails as well. if everyone was bumping it then he would've launched the project. how sad in music industry you have a Dr Dre who thinks his shit don't stink and his shit won't leak, and if it does it gets scrapped. fuck Dre

NuWest

« Reply #537 on: January 02, 2021, 04:27:50 AM »
Thing is game changer. Justt like 2001 was.

Detox never got released cause it was wack - Dre's own words

a game changer that can be taken down but a few lines or leaked snippets on Dubcnn.com lol

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #538 on: January 02, 2021, 04:45:15 AM »
Sorry, the only garbage I see here is you calling some of the best musicans Dre's ever worked with (Mark Batson, Dawaun Parker, Trevor Lawrence Jr) wack and incompetent lmao. These people worked with Dre since like 05, their sound is literally what people except a Dre beat to sound like. This is the team that gave us classic records like Imagine and Legend of the Fall Offs, what many consider to be some of the best records Dre ever produced. And isn't Topless considered to be the best Detox leak as well? Their sound feels like a natural continuation of 2001 sound.
It's also ironic how you mentioned that Gone track off Compton when that's one of the 2 records on that album that sounds similar to their style.

And what's even worse, is that you called a Discombobulated (a beat that was made like 12 years ago but still sounds fresh af and almost unanimously hailed as one of the best songs on both albums) - which sounds like a 100% classic Dr.Dre beat that Em in his prime would fight for to include on his album - an outdated, while posting this clip of Scott (who has the most outdated sound out of all big name producers) making some wackest shit that doesn't hold a candle to the beats he used to make in the 00's.

What's happening with Dre's music now is not their fault, it's because of Dre's direction. Because even if you don't count Batson and Parker, Focus is also a dope producer when not with Dre (he did Where I'm From for Game, Live By the Gun for Tony Yayo, Killer's Remorse for X and so much more), as well as Dem Jointz.

I feel like some wishing for Dre to bring back Mel-Man or Scott Storch is simply for the nostalgia, just because these guys were on Chronic 2001, so people automatically assume that having them on the new album will bring it closer to that level of quality. But it seems these people fail to realise that since '99, not just Dre's, but their styles also changed. Scott Storch is making some youtube-tier beats (the one you posted is a perfect example), Mel-Man's last good beat was on Nate Dogg's Music & Me album, Mike Elizondo doing Ed Sheeran and Jonas Brothers shit now etc...

LOL Scott and elizondo are different levels completely on a musical level to Dewaun, batson and Terrance Lawrence jr. There is no comparison. Oh focus is garbage too. The songs you mentioned LMAO that’s his career highlights? I put the mic down right there in regards to their output

Scott’s been doing so well recently he been making a comeback and Dre and timbaland been trying to get him back in the studio - fact is Scott is different league musician - one of the best ever - like I said Dre got too many incompetent chefs in their when he need cooks - it doesn’t have to be just Scott but that’s the type of level he needs in their with him including Scott - I’m not talking about Scott the producer - who btw shits on all Dre has worked with since chronic 2000 along with elizondo but them as musicians (cooks)

The best songs you can mention of Dre since 05 is legends of the fall off and imagine? That’ pretty much sums up Dre last 15 years of average output at best - why detox didn’t release and why Compton was disappointing - gone is an example of a classic Dre irrespective of the musicians I don’t hate on quality - Dre is of course to blame for his direction and output of shit but so are his team

Nothing about nostalgia here, it’s about understanding the importance of the cooks in producing a good beat - I said nothing about Mel man

The fact that you mention elizondo in the same breath as Ed Sheehan and focus with tony yayo and irrelevant people sums up everything about the quality of the cats Dre is in their with. The sound people expect from Dre and the quality of it has been lacking for an extremely long time. When was Dre’s actual last hit record? Dre did always say producing is a young mans game to be fair to him but he needs better quality. The majority feel Dre fell off hard and became less relevant- maybe he is semi retired and just does that shit for fun now which would explain why he keeps these nights around - herring a “dre beat” now is produced by everyone in their with him - btw I don’t doubt Dre can still make quality - dres ear is one of the best still but he seems unsure in himself and his direction has been impacted by that and the quality he has in their with him. No nostalgia in that. When Dre really has “it” he’ll know such is dres ear if that ever happens again. I want Scott and elizondo back on the instruments - of course their direction has changed - Scott is a far superior musicians as is elizondo to Dre or anyone who he has in their with him however - that’s the point - they ain’t there to produce and they’ve already proven their credentials numerous times as co producers and on their own. But I want them there as musicians - they’ll have grown loads too and Scott clean now too (I think)

Not surprising what you said about the discombobulated beat - had no idea it was so old - literally what I felt when I heard it - not surprised it never came out for so long - sounded nothing more than a star quo type throwaway - no wonder it’s been sitting away till a b side came out of an Eminem record - the very argument why you think it’s dope and people would fight for it yet nobody did apparently shows the stupidity of your comment and comical nature of it

LOL there wasn’t a continuation of the chronic sound - topless was dope btw but nothing classic - detox is literally the opposite of chronic hence the such a drastic difference in sound and quality tbh - Dre said it himself it didn’t hit the required Dre levels and that’s all there is to it - wtf was under pressure meant to be.

How many Dre beats we heard on a Kendrick joint? I can’t remember off the top of my head right now but dres last million dollar sounding records (beat and final product) were on like an obie trice album and some tracks here and there - game start from scratch etc but apart from some glimpses in recent times - Dre Compton had one or two moments

Beauty of opinions - appreciate the post - forget this place existed almost been so busy - I’m a grown ass man in my 30’s now  :o crazy this place still going - what up Scitt -

Orbyte

« Reply #539 on: January 02, 2021, 05:00:45 AM »
Scott Storch is making some youtube-tier beats.
I gotta admit...that's true