Author Topic: Why do people say Hopsin is wack?  (Read 557 times)

Why do people say Hopsin is wack?
« on: February 20, 2020, 02:03:04 PM »
Don't know anything about the dude, never heard anything by him before but just overheard this track and had to spin it back:

Off the chain in terms of lyrics, content, beat, visuals, everything and after a quick search everyone calls him a cornball lame? Whats the drilly with that dunn?

HighEyeCue

Re: Why do people say Hopsin is wack?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 05:00:34 PM »
I never found him corny or anything he just isn’t my cup of tea

he does preach positivity in his raps which many people don’t wanna hear so that might be the reason

The following users thanked this post:

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 09:49:50 PM »
he’s a slim shady clone and very big wit the cacs

as far as emcee skills go, he’s solid.. not a bad dude by any means, but i can definitely see why he’s beloved by mainly juggalos and incel rednecks.

Game-Won

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 10:09:34 PM »
Hard to take serious with those things in his eyes - His "postive" message is often just corny and simplified.

I remember listening to his first albums because he was on Ruthless, and was hopeing to see or hear something about Ren.

When he left Ruthless he made RAW, and I liked "Nocturnal Rainbows".

He has some funny moments, Corny moments, and dope moments - just not very consistent to me.
"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

Lucifuge

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 01:13:40 AM »
Its becouse he aint rapin about gangs, weed, cars like usual west coast rapper.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 04:26:07 AM »
Yeah, I checked out a couple of his other tracks and they are nowhere near the level of intelligence he displayed on this joint. First new school rapper to impress me though, anyone know any other songs of his similar to Illmind 7? Or just what his best tracks are period?

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 05:46:11 AM »
Its becouse he aint rapin about gangs, weed, cars like usual west coast rapper.

this is simply not true ..... del doesn’t rap about any of that shit and is universally beloved amongst heads. and thats just one example.

hrsmn_london

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2020, 07:40:36 AM »
I was listening to him a whole back.

I thought he was a genius.

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2020, 09:22:03 AM »
I was listening to him a whole back.

I thought he was a genius.

Name some good tracks breh, I really dig the track in the OP because its so real so more like that would be good.

SuperSpider

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2020, 11:33:56 AM »
Yeah, I checked out a couple of his other tracks and they are nowhere near the level of intelligence he displayed on this joint. First new school rapper to impress me though, anyone know any other songs of his similar to Illmind 7? Or just what his best tracks are period?

His first two albums are pretty good, as well as the other instalments of the "Ill Mind of Hopsin" series ......quality dropped drastically once he became affiliated with Tech N9ne though, last few albums were mediocre at best

Elko.

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2020, 02:37:29 PM »
I think when people say his whack, they're referring to his image. The kid is nice but dropped the ball not too long after he blew up. He still has a following though which is good but he's a niche rapper.

JohnnyL

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2020, 04:58:23 AM »
 I don’t find him to be wack at all.  I haven’t kept up with his last couple albums, but his first three were pretty solid.  Especially “Raw.”  I could see how his style maybe wouldn’t be for everyone, but the dude’s got skills, for sure.