Author Topic: *VERY RARE AFTERMATH* Unreleased Dr. Dre 2001 Leftover Snippets!!!  (Read 4549 times)

The Predator

Re: *VERY RARE AFTERMATH* Unreleased Dr. Dre 2001 Leftover Snippets!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2020, 07:40:22 AM »
Dre did not do jack for the anniversary of 2001, not even a breakdown interview.

2001 might be the first Dre project that never got remixes/b-sides released? (Hittmans extended outro on 'Next Episode' video was the only extra bit we got and "Bad Guys Always Die" was tailored for the Wild Wild West movie).

We did get an instrumental version though, which DJs across the world mixed to death.

This demo tape is a surprise, along with Crips mix the only real celebration for such a sonic masterpiece.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 07:53:07 AM by The Predator »

k1000

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2020, 11:18:42 AM »
Dre did not do jack for the anniversary of 2001, not even a breakdown interview.

2001 might be the first Dre project that never got remixes/b-sides released? (Hittmans extended outro on 'Next Episode' video was the only extra bit we got and "Bad Guys Always Die" was tailored for the Wild Wild West movie).

We did get an instrumental version though, which DJs across the world mixed to death.

This demo tape is a surprise, along with Crips mix the only real celebration for such a sonic masterpiece.

i like the perspective you're bringing. Although, if I may set things right, the extended outro on 'Next Episode' video was an instrumental promoting the Up In Smoke Tour.
The Hittman's extended outro (a snippet of his 'Last Dayz' song actually) was at the end of the 'Forgot About Dre' video

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2020, 11:51:16 AM »

We got a ton more than just "Bad Guys Always Die"... I mean "X" was o.g 2001 sessions, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of stuff like "Remember Me" on MMLP was probably 2001 sessions, cause Sticky Fingaz was there which means "Buck Um" was probably 2001 sessions, really all 3 Dre tracks on Top Dogg... we could even say maybe "Low Low" was 2001 sessions, maybe "Best Of Things"... no telling how much of the stuff that came out came from those 2001 sessions... maybe even the Gwen Stefani beat was originally conceived of there
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The Predator

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2020, 12:39:23 PM »
^^Yep, been a while since i watched the 2001 vids.. i can clearly hear the Next Episode Up In Smoke outro instrumental whistling in my head now.

^
2001 session tracks proably did spill over to other projects, that's how great the creative zone Dre and co were in at the time.
If that's the case and as perfect as the 'come-back' album turned out to be, Dre could of released his first double classic album.
But no remixes were released!
Though we did get a sequel to The Watcher in 2002 and a Dre/Snoop demo version? of part 2 on a mixtape in 2003.
It would of been the singles that got one or more remix versions, if Dre had followed his prevous Ruthless/Deathrow formula.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 12:50:32 PM by The Predator »

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2020, 04:13:10 PM »
^^Yep, been a while since i watched the 2001 vids.. i can clearly hear the Next Episode Up In Smoke outro instrumental whistling in my head now.

^
2001 session tracks proably did spill over to other projects, that's how great the creative zone Dre and co were in at the time.
If that's the case and as perfect as the 'come-back' album turned out to be, Dre could of released his first double classic album.
Though we did get a sequel to The Watcher in 2002 and a Dre/Snoop demo version? of part 2 on a mixtape in 2003.
It would of been the singles that got one or more remix versions, if Dre had followed his prevous Ruthless/Deathrow formula.

damn i never knew bout this

the watcher 2 was originally a dre snoop joint

dope

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2020, 11:31:28 PM »

^

damn i never knew bout this

the watcher 2 was originally a dre snoop joint

dope

Dope intro by Snoop but then Dre killed Snoop on the verse... off the top of my head not sure (cause I don't fucc with Jay-Z) if that's the same Dre verse from the Jay-Z track... anyway, dope shit
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 11:36:23 PM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2020, 11:47:10 PM »

Dope intro by Snoop but then Dre killed Snoop on the verse... off the top of my head not sure (cause I don't fucc with Jay-Z) if that's the same Dre verse from the Jay-Z track... anyway, dope shit

Yeah... I just went against my religion and peeped Jay-Z Blueprint 2 album....... and yes, that Dre verse is the same as the one from the Jay-Z album.  That Dre verse is killer, he murderes Jay (which isn't hard) and Rakim (which is hard) on that track.  Dre never brags about his mic skills, and of course he has ghostwriters, but I track like this proves that he can more than hold his own on the mic... In fact, imagine if all Dre's lyrics were actually written by him--there would be no way you wouldn't put him as a Top 10 MC.

Banging joint... sad I can't listen to it more
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 11:49:34 PM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »

Jay_J

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2020, 02:41:57 AM »

Yeah... I just went against my religion and peeped Jay-Z Blueprint 2 album....... and yes, that Dre verse is the same as the one from the Jay-Z album.  That Dre verse is killer, he murderes Jay (which isn't hard) and Rakim (which is hard) on that track.  Dre never brags about his mic skills, and of course he has ghostwriters, but I track like this proves that he can more than hold his own on the mic... In fact, imagine if all Dre's lyrics were actually written by him--there would be no way you wouldn't put him as a Top 10 MC.

thats a fact that dre has perfect mic skills and live performance talent. better than any other MC's.. he knows how to rock the mic and rock the show!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2020, 02:46:53 AM »

thats a fact that dre has perfect mic skills and live performance talent. better than any other MC's.. he knows how to rock the mic and rock the show!

Yeah that's a fact cause he's from the old dayz, Wrecking Cru, NWA--Live Shows were a real show back then you really had to have mic skills and know how to move the crowd.  Dre was a wizard in those days.  He became a studio junkie later on but still being a perfectionist he takes the time in the studio to make sure his verses come out flawless. 

...I wouldn't even be surprised if he does more writing than we think he does.  For example, in Snoop's autobiography he says Dre gave him the first line "Tonight's the Night I Get in Some Shit/ Deep Cover on the Incognito Tip" and told him to run with that.  So Dre does feed and guide his writers.

Jay_J

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2020, 03:11:16 AM »
interesting thing i heard came from knoc. when dre and quik was trying to record their first collaboration "put it on me"... dre asked knoc to write his lyircs and warned him "dont let this nigga rip me, dont make me sound im lesser, write something ca match quik's cold and clever style, thats a chance for me to beat him in his own style"

dre is a cruel monster in the game.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2020, 04:01:50 AM »
interesting thing i heard came from knoc. when dre and quik was trying to record their first collaboration "put it on me"... dre asked knoc to write his lyircs and warned him "dont let this nigga rip me, dont make me sound im lesser, write something ca match quik's cold and clever style, thats a chance for me to beat him in his own style"

dre is a cruel monster in the game.

No doubt... Dre never allows himself to look bad on a track and he goes toe for toe with all the greatest emcees in the game.  But at the same time he helps showcase the other artist on the track.. often he feeds their energy and promotes them, and gives an assist so they can slam it home and get all the accolades like the way he set up Pac on "California Love" or sets up Snoop to look good on "G Thang" or "Wit A Dre Day". 

jriddle

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2021, 11:07:21 AM »

Jay Z wrote Malibu Dre

SuperSpider

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2021, 12:20:17 PM »
interesting thing i heard came from knoc. when dre and quik was trying to record their first collaboration "put it on me"... dre asked knoc to write his lyircs and warned him "dont let this nigga rip me, dont make me sound im lesser, write something ca match quik's cold and clever style,

thats a chance for me to beat him in his own style"

Funny Dre saying ''it's a chance for me'' when someone else is writing his lyrics lmao  ;D

Safe+Sound

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2021, 03:23:14 PM »
That version with Snoop was the ONE. I can't believe fuckin Jay-Z got the official release of that song. Rakim was hard though. He stays. Snoop and Rakim would've been epic.  8)