Author Topic: Ol' Dirty Lays Down Track With Pharrell Before Turning Into A Pumpkin  (Read 276 times)

vitodeluca

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Pretty good article on upcoming projects for those interested
Source: MTV.com

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1471817/20030509/ol_dirty_bastard.jhtml?headlines=true

.:-ELITE-:.   M-Dogg.. Rodzilla.. SiNiStEr.. VitoDeLuca.. S.H.O.P..  .:-ELITE-:.Wins: Lost titan, bloody apronz, cee hoody, the answer, indecisive, primo, abstruse, ill natural, Adam X, Bez, Illicit aka Cee Ride, CSN, Jemuel, timelock, prophecy, assasin, Mack
Losses: Mack(x2), Red Alert,
Crew:Elite  
Battle Record: 17-3-0
April Awards:
Rookie of the month
Most Improved

MC of the Month
Battle MC of the Mont

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
That Pharrell seems to be hot property at the moment...
...everyone fiendin to work with him...

...hmm sound a bit like justin timberlake...the shit career reviver

but dont get me wrong i like the sounds of pharrell...
...everyday here beautiful is played still on the radio...so much that its beginning to bug me...but its great to hear snoop so often.

Think this may be a good track..mixture of raw n dirty with smooth silk ;)
They did good together on his previous album and im liking the prospects of this:
"While nothing is confirmed, some of the names being tossed around include 50 Cent, Busta Rhymes, Eminem and, of course, the Wu-Tang Clan and various Roc-A-Fella recording artists."

Could be they putting real time , money n effort into this !

Pz

On The Edge of Insanity

Good to see that he's making some more music now he's out of jail. Hopefully the Wu can get rid of Cappadonna now, cause we all know he was just some cheap replacement for ODB, and has sucked on almost every song that he has been on.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
Good to see that he's making some more music now he's out of jail. Hopefully the Wu can get rid of Cappadonna now, cause we all know he was just some cheap replacement for ODB, and has sucked on almost every song that he has been on.

Apart from maybe Ice Cream, what songs has Cappadonna not sucked major Ass cock on?
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
they should release a new wutang cd.....

The Watcher

i think Eminem & ODB would be a nice song, but i think the guests should stay wutang based, i dont wanna see jayz, beanie etc.. all over this album
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
they should release a new wutang cd.....

Ready...they are supposed to be releasing a new wu cd this year...
...so going on that info ...id say next year ;)

but its all good....good album takes some time to put together...as long as it shows they put everything into each track!

Pz

Jome

Method Man Says Wu Tang is On Indefinate Hold - 5/12/2003

Method Man spoke with Cleveland's Plain Dealer about Wu Tang. Method Man says that's on indefinite hold, and he pulls no punches explaining why.

"If you're thinking everything you put out is going to taste like sugar, you're wrong, brother," he says. "You can't just sit around in between albums and not write. You can't just sit around between albums and not produce. 'Cause when you go back inside the studio, you're stale. And
that's basically what was going on.

"Brothers were sitting there with nothing written. They were just coming in and singing 16 bars, no hook . . . it's like, I did my part.' No, you didn't. You didn't make a song. All you did was spit a rhyme.

"Come on, man, you gotta step your game up. Our first album sounded like basement hip-hop so it was easy for us to make a bigger production on every album after that. We have the resources now. What was the problem? The problem was the artists not being artists."

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Whoa thats some Bigg Talk man...PRops Jome  ;)

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
Method Man Says Wu Tang is On Indefinate Hold - 5/12/2003

Method Man spoke with Cleveland's Plain Dealer about Wu Tang. Method Man says that's on indefinite hold, and he pulls no punches explaining why.

"If you're thinking everything you put out is going to taste like sugar, you're wrong, brother," he says. "You can't just sit around in between albums and not write. You can't just sit around between albums and not produce. 'Cause when you go back inside the studio, you're stale. And
that's basically what was going on.

"Brothers were sitting there with nothing written. They were just coming in and singing 16 bars, no hook . . . it's like, I did my part.' No, you didn't. You didn't make a song. All you did was spit a rhyme.

"Come on, man, you gotta step your game up. Our first album sounded like basement hip-hop so it was easy for us to make a bigger production on every album after that. We have the resources now. What was the problem? The problem was the artists not being artists."

Oh my god..i had no idea...shocked me ...
mind you he is right in that not everyone seemed to pull their weight enough.
Ah well...on the brighter side...at least looks like they not going to rush out a half asses project!

Thanks Jome

On The Edge of Insanity

Re:Ol' Dirty Lays Down Track With Pharrell Before Turning Into A Pumpkin
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2003, 11:48:13 AM »
That is the problem in a group the size of the Wu, nobody quite knows who is supposed to take the creative responsibility for the hooks on tracks and shit like that. What Meth was saying about bigger production on each album, I think that I and may other people would love to see them go back to the "basement" hiphop of 36 Chambers, cause I would certainly prefer that to some over produced album without actually much lyrical content.

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2003, 12:30:49 PM »
That is the problem in a group the size of the Wu, nobody quite knows who is supposed to take the creative responsibility for the hooks on tracks and shit like that. What Meth was saying about bigger production on each album, I think that I and may other people would love to see them go back to the "basement" hiphop of 36 Chambers, cause I would certainly prefer that to some over produced album without actually much lyrical content.
Yeah i know what you mean...even though ive got every album ...
...none hit me like the first one...when they were them and not trying to be anything different...pure,raw,hiphop at its best!

Pz

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2003, 12:39:54 PM »
fuck this. put out killas album already. its time for him to shine. meth got all heated while rza was cool about the whole situation. he should be happy for odb. what a bitch.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

White-Chocolate

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Live My Life A Legend Immortalized By Lyric'Z
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2003, 01:41:16 PM »

Apart from maybe Ice Cream, what songs has Cappadonna not sucked major Ass cock on?

i liked Cappadonna on Run, now that was a tight track, he was alright in "Triumph" too
but ya he's pretty bad
Look Into TheZe EyeZ, What Do U C? That'Z Right, Nothing, I'm A Mystery
White-Chocolate
Westsiiide Riidah
The GAME Ain't the SAME A Damn SHAME