Author Topic: DR. DRE - HEY YOU (2001 LEFTOVER LEAKS)  (Read 3127 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: DR. DRE - HEY YOU (2001 LEFTOVER LEAKS)
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2020, 12:07:43 AM »
^ good shit nite

is that true that forgot about dre was sposta be snoop an dre?

and kurupt claimed streetz iz a mutha would be produced entirely by dre? or was he talkin bout space boogie? where/when was this??

Yes, both of those are true. 

And it would of been for Streets is a Mutha (Kurupts second solo album) because "Questions" was part of the Kuruption album.  It was when "Questionz" was released Kurupt was bragging in interviews that he was gonna have Dre do his whole next album.  It sounded way ambitious and arrogant for him to say it at that time and of course Dre never did more than a song or two here and there for Kurupt
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2020, 12:10:56 AM »
oh i see this is just aftermath THEORY ... got u

No Cuz.. it's not theory.. it's historical fiction.   Nearly everything is accurate, I just tied it all together in story form so I had to imagine the dialogue and embellish a bit to make it all run together in story form.  But that shit about the songs, like Em originally writing "Forgot About Dre" for Snoop and Dre and Kurupt saying Dre would do his whole second album... That shit is true.  I'll search for the interviews on google and post links.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Sccit

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2020, 12:47:18 AM »

No Cuz.. it's not theory.. it's historical fiction.   Nearly everything is accurate, I just tied it all together in story form so I had to imagine the dialogue and embellish a bit to make it all run together in story form.  But that shit about the songs, like Em originally writing "Forgot About Dre" for Snoop and Dre and Kurupt saying Dre would do his whole second album... That shit is true.  I'll search for the interviews on google and post links.

nice

i just realized the “hey you” being “x” was your theory so i assumed the rest of it was too

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2020, 12:52:25 AM »

nice

i just realized the “hey you” being “x” was your theory so i assumed the rest of it was too

So you don't agree that "Hey You" became "X"?

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2020, 12:56:03 AM »

nice

So you don't agree that "Hey You" became "X"?

i do .... but it’s more a theory than fact

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2020, 11:47:22 AM »
That was a cool read infinite

But hey you sounds nothing like X

Sccit

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2020, 11:50:10 AM »

it’s the same melody played on different instruments, minus the drop

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2020, 12:13:14 PM »

They call him black ears, black ears, black ears the cuuuuuuullttuuurreeee vuuuuullllttuurreeeeee.

Everybody, singalong!

Jay_J

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2020, 12:49:14 PM »

yeah. where the fuck that thought come from??? weird!

Jay_J

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2020, 12:53:42 PM »
"X" is another variation of bitch please song series. same scale, familiar piano riff and same lead melody. any musician can notice that, however you dont even need to be a musician to realise it, trust your ears.

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2020, 01:15:59 PM »
Y'all really can't hear how Hey You was redone/evolved into X? Really? OK Rabbit Ears, come with me:

0:05

0:03

Both open with the same melody played in different keys with different flourishes, OG being more basic but both following the same pattern. X has it played tighter with more skill but you can hear the concept clearly.

The synths from 0:37 in Hey You became 0:24 in X and 1:07 transposed into 0:43 in X

Miles away from Bitch Please, bitch please.

Sccit

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2020, 01:17:33 PM »

They call him black ears, black ears, black ears the cuuuuuuullttuuurreeee vuuuuullllttuurreeeeee.

Everybody, singalong!

:snoopfacepalm:

now u just tryin too hard

Sccit

« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2020, 01:27:56 PM »
Y'all really can't hear how Hey You was redone/evolved into X? Really? OK Rabbit Ears, come with me:

0:05

0:03

Both open with the same melody played in different keys with different flourishes, OG being more basic but both following the same pattern. X has it played tighter with more skill but you can hear the concept clearly.

The synths from 0:37 in Hey You became 0:24 in X and 1:07 transposed into 0:43 in X

Miles away from Bitch Please, bitch please.

yup .. it’s pretty cut n dry

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2020, 02:08:11 PM »

Everybody, singalong!

Naw punk, you the one thats trying too hard. Trying to act like you know what you're talking about, trying to act like you're hearing what you're saying you're hearing. Trying to act like you ain't a vulture on this here culture. Hell you're even a vulture to people who post on your site as you whore them and their works to try and get traffic from The Coli.

Don't reply to this and I'll let you slide or speak and we'll see what happens.

Sccit

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2020, 03:01:35 PM »

Everybody, singalong!

Naw punk, you the one thats trying too hard. Trying to act like you know what you're talking about, trying to act like you're hearing what you're saying you're hearing. Trying to act like you ain't a vulture on this here culture. Hell you're even a vulture to people who post on your site as you whore them and their works to try and get traffic from The Coli.

Don't reply to this and I'll let you slide or speak and we'll see what happens.

shut up cac

i was wrong bout u bein a mormon from utah

found out u from england

:tupachappy:

stop tryna be funny and go brush your teeth